Who was able to Get a VV REO WOODVIL or a REO WOODVIL (COLOR?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I have a Purpleheart/Bloodwood VV on the way. I really wanted a stabilized one. I don't do too well with wood mods.
I ordered batteries, they should be here before the REO. I got them from Carolina Vapes, they are 18350 IMR 800mah, will they fit?
I's like to know if those will work too. I might order 2 sets there cause they have an EGO case I want to buy anyway and 2 sets from RTD. Will the carolina vapes ones work too? They are quite a bit cheaper. just want to make sure they will fit and work well.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I've never seen those Carolina Vapes 18350's before, but there are a couple of things that concern me about them just from appearances - they're flat tops, so you'll need magnet spacers to keep everything connected in a stack, and they're significantly cheaper than the recommended AW IMR's. I've found that with batteries, you get what you pay for.

Rob officially recommends AW IMR. That's all I need to know.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
OK I guess maybe I should just spend the $65 and get the best. carolina vapes has an Ego case I've been wanting for a while so it would have given me an excuse to get that. I didn't want to pay shipping on just an ego case. LOL I don't want to buy them if they aren't going to work well though. $65 for batteries just seems like soooo much money after we just spent so much on the mods themselves. I may have to eat Ramen noodles this next month. :unsure: But at least I will be vapin' in style. ;)

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
65 bucks for batteries isn't bad. Most places, that won't even buy you a carton of smokes... and the batteries will last a LOT longer than the carton would have.

I know you are right about that. When ever I buy something that is expensive like the 2 VV Reos for $420 or so that's how I justify it to myself. We were spending almost $400 a month on cigarettes when we smoked so $400 one time for something that will last isn't too bad. Not to mention much better for us and the kids. :vapor:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Well looks like i may have to put my new VV Reo on the classifieds. If the batteries i have coming do not work. There is no way I can spend anymore money.

What makes you think they won't work? I looked up the batts you said you ordered and they are indeed 18350s. I've never seen that brand before, but I don't see any reason they wouldn't work.

EDIT: I was unaware that there could be any problem with flat tops. davelog's suggestion should be fine too. Make sure the magnet doesn't slide around when installing the batteries and that should be just fine.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I'm probably going to get flamed for mentioning something unsafe but, notcigs recommends and sells the Powerizers on it's site. They are neither protected nor IMR. However, notcigs claims that the protection circuitry in the buzz pro renders their usage safe. This isn't a conclusive test because, protected or not, battery incidences are pretty rare but, I've been using Powerizers in the buzz pro since last September and had no problems at all. I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem either.

The VV woodvils use the same electronics and the same protective circuitry. Notcigs has said that those batteries will be just as safe in a VV woodvil as they are in the buzz pro. Whether that's safe enough for you, is really a choice you'll have to make.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I'm probably going to get flamed for mentioning something unsafe but, notcigs recommends and sells the Powerizers on it's site. They are neither protected nor IMR. However, notcigs claims that the protection circuitry in the buzz pro renders their usage safe. This isn't a conclusive test because, protected or not, battery incidences are pretty rare but, I've been using Powerizers in the buzz pro since last September and had no problems at all. I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem either.

The VV woodvils use the same electronics and the same protective circuitry. Notcigs has said that those batteries will be just as safe in a VV woodvil as they are in the buzz pro. Whether that's safe enough for you, is really a choice you'll have to make.

Powerizers are what I'm using in my VV Woodvil. They were very affordable where I bought them ($3.89 per battery, shipped!) and at that time, it was unknown if IMR 18350's would fit. I won't recommend them, though, for the exact reasons you cited. I have good chargers and have read up on battery safety, so I'm comfortable using them. They were both at 3.7 volts when I pulled them from my mod last night. It was still firing just fine, but it was the end of the day, so I put in a fresh set. I think I'm good. :)

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
On the flat-top thing, I hadn't even thought to check if the ones I had would make contact when stacked, so I checked last night . . . they don't :facepalm: Fortunately I've got a few magnets already and they adhere quite firmly when applied, so shouldn't be an issue. I've also got a couple pair of AW protected 16340s, so I'm good on batteries, regardless.

FWIW, I trust the built-in protection in the circuit, it's a quality design, but it's a personal choice what level of security anyone feels they need since any safeguard can possibly fail, even if the odds are slim :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread