The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who was able to Get a VV REO WOODVIL or a REO WOODVIL (COLOR?)

Discussion in 'REO (All Models)' started by Trapper1, Apr 29, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I ordered 2 RCR 123a powerizers from notcigs.. I figured if this is what is recommended for the buzz and the vv Reo has the same internals as the buzz they should be fine. Not too happy that they were $11 a piece! Also I asked about these batts on the Reo forum and was told they were fine to use. Later when I I get a paycheck that doesn't have a vvReo taken out, and superTmfg has them back in stock I'll get a set of the aw imr 18350s.. shipping is only around $2.. also wanted to get a set of 18490's for the provari.

2. six

six Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    The good news is that you will be pleasantly surprised (oops - ruining the surprise for you) that they are 11 bucks a pair, not a piece. So, when you recieve two pairs of them, you'll be happier ;)

3. Karla Lyle

Karla Lyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2011
    Frederick, md
    Yea that's what I thought. $11 for a pair. For a second I thought maybe that jacked the price knowing everyone would need them for the new VV Reo's :ohmy: $11 a piece would be more than the AW's. I got 4 AW's at RTD for $30 shipped and they shipped it quick. So it should get here the same time as my REO. :)

4. washvap

washvap Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2011
    wa
    Congrats to everyone here. All of the VV Woodvilles you all got are awesome. Hope yall enjoy them.

5. Karla Lyle

Dec 27, 2011
    Frederick, md
    Hubby's bday is coming up. Does anyone know where I might find a case or cover for the VV Woodvil? He would love a leather case to keep it protected. Thanks.

6. davelog

davelog Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    That's a toughie, because the Woodvils are hand-made and have slight variances in dimensions. You might try making one yourself, since you'll have it available to custom fit it to. I made a leather jacket for my Grand, you don't even need to sew - Gorilla Glue works great on leather!

7. Karla Lyle

Dec 27, 2011
    Frederick, md
    O goodness great idea...for someone with arts and crafts skills. :laugh: LOL I wouldn't even know where to start. Where would I buy the leather? Can I order it online? What could I use to decorate it or maybe make it a little more unique or nice. Do you have a pic of yours? I already have gorilla glue so that's a good start but as for everything else I'd be lost. LOL If you knew a good place for me to get the leather and maybe accessories I might consider trying. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Also my VV Woodvil says it is out for delivery :banana: My batteries won't be here til tomorrow but at least I get to see it today. :w00t: One more question. What is recommended to polish the wood on these? Or is anything even needed? Should I get some kind of wax or polish or anything?

8. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    I got my leather at Michael's, an arts and crafts store, a square foot for about 7 bucks... and they had several colors and textures to choose from.

Let me see if I can describe the process that I did, that might help you (the instructions are for the Grand, but it wouldn't be too hard to adjust for a Woodvil):

1. Take a piece of paper, and lay the grand on it. By rolling the Grand over the paper, you can make an outline on the paper so that the pattern you're making completely surrounds the unit so the arms overlap a little on the backside.

2. Then return the Grand to the middle of the pattern where you started, and roll it down towards you to define the piece that will go over the bottom and up the back of the unit. Let it go a little longer like you did with the 'arms', you can trim it down when it's all assembled.

3. When you're done, you'll end up with a big 'T' shape outlined on the paper that's the right size to cover your Grand with the arms overlapping on the back, and the bottom piece folded up to cover the overlap of the arms. This is your basic pattern.

4. Trace one more rectangle elsewhere on the paper that's the height and width of the Grand. This piece will be sit between the Grand itself and the folded-over arms on the back.

5. Time to cut. Cut out your pattern on paper, and use it to cut out the two pieces of leather - the big 'T' and the single rectangle. If you're feeling brave, you can try to cut out the squonk hole by laying the door from the Grand on the 'T' where it will be once everything's put together, and cut the hole using the squonkhole as the guide for your knife. Me, I cut the hole afterward, but that's because I don't trust my approximations.

6. Time to assemble. Lay the Grand on its face in the top center of your 'T', and put the single rectangle on the Grand's back, fuzzy side down so you have the smooth side facing up and ready to receive the arms. Wrap one arm tightly around the side of the Grand and line it up so it's all even. Cut the end of the arm off so what's left goes right to the middle of the Grand. Holding that arm in place, fold the other one around the other side and cut it so it'll butt right up against the one you're holding down. Now one at a time, lift the arm and lay down some glue on the rectangle, then smoothly put the arm back in place. Do the same with the other arm, and you'll have the Grand wrapped on the sides. At this point I carefully turn the whole thing over and press down, so the glued arms get mashed flat onto the table. Hold for 30 seconds to let the glue dry and set. Now turn it back over, fold the bottom piece up and make sure it lines up nice, then glue it down in the same fashion. Once again, roll it over and press down for 30 seconds to set the glue. Now you can trim any overlap from the bottom piece.

7. If you cut your hole earlier, you're done. Slide the Grand out and let the leather jacket dry for a bit more and you're good to go. If you didn't cut your hole earlier, slide the Grand out, take out the bottle and wrap the tube with a paper towel or something to prevent dribbles, put the door back on, and slip it back into the jacket. Using an exacto knife, VERY CAREFULLY cut out the squonkhole using the hole in the door as the guide. Once done with that, put it all back together again and you're finished.

There's probably a better way to do this, but that's how I made mine. Here's a pic of how mine came out.

9. Karla Lyle

Dec 27, 2011
    Frederick, md
    Thanks. i may try this if I can't find one premade. :thumbs:

10. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    It's not hard once you can visualize it. If you give it a go, be careful about how much glue you lay down and where - you want the edges to be glued down, but you also don't want to spooge glue everywhere (including on the REO itself) when you're pressing it all together. It's better to underglue and go back for touchups than to overglue and stick your REO to the table.

11. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    I'm thinking about contacting these guys and see if they are interested in making something for the VV Woodvil. OTOH they aren't taking any custom orders for a while and I'm clumsy. So, maybe I should try this.

I just got mine. It vapes just like my buzz with a DOD but, I'm willing to use this in more active situations and that's what I wanted it for! :)

12. taphandle

taphandle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Go hit a few dollar stores and look at the cell phone cases. I found one that fits my mini perfectly. They usually have a few different choices at each store.

I can post a pic later today.

13. six

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    Follow the Harley pilots. Wherever you find a concentration of bikers, you'll find a custom leather goods shop not far away ;) Or maybe check your yellow pages for a biker shop/leather goods store.

14. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    Sage advice, right there.

15. six

Feb 17, 2011
    under the blue sky
    I am no photographer, but here she is next to my VVPV:

100_5038.jpg

VV_REO_W.jpg

16. tmcase

tmcase ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    I've looked around for one but the best bet would be Serenity Gear.

Edit: I have one for my VVBB and it is a quality leather holster.

17. kabonk

kabonk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs
  18. whatitstrue

whatitstrue Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Me Too!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

19. yabon

yabon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2011
    Paris - France
    Received today!! I love it!! :hubba:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

With the Mini :

[​IMG]

20. davelog

May 4, 2011
    Phoenix
    OMG the grain pattern on the back is AWESOME! Nice mod, man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.