Why are drippers so common as far as RBA's/RDA's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
Hardcore cloud chasers aside. For the average vaper, what makes drippers so popular? There seem to be plenty of gennies out there that are capable performing the same with the benefit of having a tank.

That being said, why would someone willingly carry around a bottle of juice when they could just get a genny, throw a cotton or similar build on it and have an auto dripper? Is it because most people don't realize you can build gennies like drippers? :confused:

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I really like mine because I'm a flavor changer. I don't go for crazy clouds - I run it at about 10 watts on a VV device. But when I'm at home, I can take a few drags of a flavor, then put something else in it and repeat. So instead of sticking with whatever's in the tank, I can use 5 or 6 different flavors in a few minutes.

If I'm not at home or don't feel like changing a lot, I use a kayfun.

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I really like mine because I'm a flavor changer. I don't go for crazy clouds - I run it at about 10 watts on a VV device. But when I'm at home, I can take a few drags of a flavor, then put something else in it and repeat. So instead of sticking with whatever's in the tank, I can use 5 or 6 different flavors in a few minutes.

If I'm not at home or don't feel like changing a lot, I use a kayfun.

That's one advantage I could see to them... But I see a lot of people out and about with their dripper and favorite bottle of juice.

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
Easy and quick to setup, cheap to maintain, consistent vape no matter the draw.

I used rba tanks for a minute but it took so long to get each on right. with drippers the same idea and coil type can be used on many different devices. And the flavor is great

That seems more like practice thing no? I can throw a dual coil on my RSST just as fast as my Igo W if not faster.

JBal4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI, United States
yea I always think bottom fed rba, I could never get gennies to work properly. I guess the biggest factor that I like is that the wicking issues are much simpler to solve in a dripper, just drip more or less lol. the wicking is what drove me nucking futz with tanks of any type of tanks, cartos, rba bottom and top fed, clearos bottom and top. those burnt hits 8-o nasty! and then hit it harder to not get another burnt one and floodage :-x

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
yea I always think bottom fed rba, I could never get gennies to work properly. I guess the biggest factor that I like is that the wicking issues are much simpler to solve in a dripper, just drip more or less lol. the wicking is what drove me nucking futz with tanks of any type of tanks, cartos, rba bottom and top fed, clearos bottom and top. those burnt hits 8-o nasty! and then hit it harder to not get another burnt one and floodage :-x

Figuring out what works can be a pain. Maybe that's why drippers are so common?

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Hardcore cloud chasers aside. For the average vaper, what makes drippers so popular? There seem to be plenty of gennies out there that are capable performing the same with the benefit of having a tank.

That being said, why would someone willingly carry around a bottle of juice when they could just get a genny, throw a cotton or similar build on it and have an auto dripper? Is it because most people don't realize you can build gennies like drippers? :confused:

They are really meant for use at home, not so much for while you are out and about. At least that is usually how I use them and how I hear other people using them.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
seemed like every rba tank had a bunch of model specific tricks you needed to know to get a functional build, whereas drippers have specific trick per model but they still function without them.

Exactly, they are usually simpler to build on. The heat coming off of a 0.3ohm RDA is just amazing. It is the closest I have ever come to the full satisfaction of an analog. That lung fullness and warm vapor, I just love it.

marshbunny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
NE GA, USA
I have some juices that I just will not use in anything but a dripper. My DIY Banana Cream, Twinkie and Peanut butter Cup for example requires me to dryburn and change wicks in a days time. They just gunk up those coils really fast no matter how high a heat. I have tried these juices in RSST's (works ok) and R91 (does not work at all) and find the taste is better with the dripper and is just easier for me to maintain the coils & wicks. It's all good thou. Dripper for home, genny for travel and juices that don't gunk so bad.

ConradM

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Boise ID
1.) Taste
2.) Compactness
3.) Versatility
4.) Neatness
5.) Ease of changing flavors
6.) Ease of changing wicks

But mostly it's taste.

:)

I'll give you compactness. but a dripper doesn't exactly do the rest of those any better. Especially neatness considering you have to even drip in the first place vs having your juice contained in a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread