The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by JonOH1234, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I am guessing most of you had eGo's.

How did you figure out settings on it, it seemed easy enough for me?

2. beckdg

beckdg ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    you two are doing a fine job. mind if i join? :toast:

3. TheSystemHasFailed

TheSystemHasFailed Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    You don't have to "figure" anything.
    What mod in the world, allows you to figure any equation in?
    The function you want is IN a Provari already, it doesn't do watts because it goes so high!! Watts are a byproduct!!

The Provari doesn't do watts, because at it's lowest resistance allowance, and at it's highest volt point, it's already higher than 15 watts.

Watts are a byproduct, they happen on indecent. The mods that allow you to adjust watts, are a waste of your time.

Pony up and get a Provari...shall we get into frequency output? I think that is over your head...

Let's see if you can even encompass what "watts" are first.

4. Coelli

Coelli Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    The only time I change the voltage on my Provari is if I use a juice that seems to need a few bumps up or down. I always build my coils to 1.1 - 1.3, so it doesn't matter what I put on it, most of the time I don't need to change anything - and by now I just "know" what to set it at if I do want to change it. It's not a big deal to not have VW, for me.

5. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    Wether i use watt or volt i change it throughout my vape.

But thats me. I like to fine tune.
    I dont find it dificult.

But there is a perfect vape for every one.

Personally i think some ppl are just head strong and like to go against the grain.

And well there is nothing wrong with that either.

Whats wrong imo is the visciousness some people have.
    How dare any one tell me what not to reccomend to any one.

When i first joined ecf, it was normal to say, i disagree with xyz, that didnt work for me, i use this because of this.
    These type statements let the op make the decision.

How dare you reccomend a provari to a newbie.
    Why not? If they are interested or not let them make the decisiom.

I get the same crud with cartotanks.
    I dont understand why. I have only recently gotten any clearos to work and i never see them reccomended by any one.
    I use the pbc v2 and the fbc. They are both glass, i also use mini mt3’s from china. Those and cartotanks.

Im getting tired of the rude comments and disrespect.
    Especially now that i know these people are doing it on purpose, a lot of them have accts on other forums and like pushing the limits to see if they get banned. What i have decided to do is just place these people on ignore, but the poor newbies out here dont know there is a game going on. I been here since september and i just found out.

Would have saved myself a lot of trouble if i knew earlier what i know now.
    If some one on your thread has a problem with anything some one reccomends to you and doesnt allow you to make the decision yourself, they are probably a troll and your best bet would be to put them on ignore.

If this reply is offensive or out of ecf guidelines, i apologize. It is not meant to be.

6. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Well said Ladie:)! I like all different types of mods. I have all different types of mods. But JUST BECAUSE people pick on the Provari so much, I'll run around telling more people about it.

The thing is, if you are on a budget, BY FAR the Provari is the best bang for the buck you can spend. I find it absolutely appalling that people are happy to recommend to people on fixed incomes or unemployment something breakable or disposable. That's fine if you are only trying vaping to see if it will help you. Vaping doesn't help everyone (my husband is still smoking.. but he's cut back some).

Once you are committed to vaping tho, and are in need of a more permanent solution, if you can only have ONE mod, it should be a Provari, just because they don't break easily and will not leave you without something to vape (encouraging you to go buy a pack of smokes).

Yes. EVERYONE should have a Provari. If they get anything else, it's a backup, for the most important reason of all, reliability.

7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I agree to a point, but not everyone can afford a Provari. It's a big chunk of change to swallow if you DON"T have the money.

I'm lucky in that I was able to purchase two Provari's before I lost my decent salaried job. Now that I am essentially on a fixed low income, I would never be able to afford one. I just don't have that disposable income any longer.

8. glassgal

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    That's completely understandable... and if it were just a frivolous expense, then you wouldn't want one. The thing is, this is a smoking replacement item, in which case if you are a heavy smoker, or were, you already saved the money to buy the Provari in 1 month on average of staying away from them.

These aren't comparable to even buying good shoes. Unless your shoes are the only pair you own, it's not compareable, you need only 1 mod and 2 batteries for continual vaping. It's replacement for cig money, and if you would be smoking, then you are saving money. There's no extra cost for the Provari.

9. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    People on fixed incomes won't have the money up front to purchase a Provari. If you've only got so much money in the bank and have monthly bills to pay, and only get so much money a week, it can be extremely difficult to come up with $160 at one time. I can understand only being able to afford cheaper mods in this case, as I'm currently in that situation now. Cars break down and other unexpected expenses come up all the time.

I'm extremely fortunate that I have 3 Provari's that I can depend upon in my current financial situation.

10. glassgal

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    When I didn't know if I would continue vaping, but thought I might, I bought a MVP (upgrade from cigalikes). That tided me over so I could acquire juice, a few heads, other supplies. Then, I 'saved' to buy a Provari used. I didn't have much money to spent when I started either, since both my husband and I were still smoking (which cost around $400 a month).

I've been spending a lot on vaping because I had extra Christmas and birthday money that I dedicated to vaping instead of other things. I still could have bought a Provari within the first month, and for people who spent less on cigs, 2nd month. I agree with you that for many people who are on a tight budget, their first expense can't be a Provari, but there are many ways to save that money up from cig money. If they haven't quit yet... they don't need a provari (or any other type of mod) yet.

11. Ladiekali

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    I havnt quit yet...
    But thats why i bought it lol.
    I was still smoking 10 cigs on average a day.
    Now im Down to 3, sometimes zero.
    I decided that i really want to quit. Been smoking 24 years dont wanna make it to 25!
    So one of the reasons to buy the provari is the inability to afford as many smokes!
    The guilt of spending so much on a mod and still be smoking lol.
    The number one reason tho, its repairable.

12. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Well I'm most likely more ignorant that most everyone here on the vaping world and I upgraded to a Provari and couldn't be happier. It's easy to use. I don't have to fight the rattlesnake situation like I did with the other mod and although I'm a "newbie", it's something that I can use without frustration and will keep for a long time. I love it. Worth every penny

13. DavidAmonettNashville

DavidAmonettNashville Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Nashville,Tn
    There will be lots of people buying new devices with their refund checks...Some will buy this and some will buy that. I'm purchasing another MVP2 for myself and am looking for something a little nicer for my wife. I'd like for it to be Ego/510 capable,VV is ok but VW/VV is fine too, Preferably have on board charging with a pass-through feature and it needs a clean, clear, user interface...Oh last but least it needs to look sharp...Any ideas would be appreciated greatly as our Check posted early this morning :D

14. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    What's a refund check? Man am I jealous of you lucky people that get refunds. I just pay every year. Boo. Have fun buying fun mods with them though. :). If I ever got one, I'd probably do the same thing.

15. Requiem33

Requiem33 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Hey I just got my Provari! :evil:

16. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Congrats. I sure do love mine.

17. DavidAmonettNashville

DavidAmonettNashville Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Nashville,Tn
    Ha, I hear you about the jealousy.. Some friends we know have two kids and they say they're getting back 5,100 bucks. :confused: but we just get back a portion of what we paid in. The state of TN has no state income tax so thats a plus for us but they make it up in lots of little ways.

18. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    I hear ya. We don't have an income tax in FL either. I was born and raised in TN :)

19. Ladiekali

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    Why not get the wife the itaste vv3?
    Works much like the mvp2, a little simpler actually. Sleeker look. 510 and ego. Passthru.
    101vapes has the best price and excellent customer service as well.
    Ive purchased 6. Not all for me ofcoarse.
    Decent batterly life almost a whole day of moderate vaping.

Also the chameleon imo is beautiful has green and purple,flecks that sparkle in the light.

Smoketech has a spinner type that is vv and vw. Although i have not used it, it is maybe worth looking into.
    Www.desertvapes.com has them

20. Southern Tina

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    I have the smoketech spinner and I like it. It's easy to use and sleek. Also produces a good vape. Not expensive either. I just bought one for my mom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.