Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Knock it off

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Come on folks... this isn't a grade school playground. Let's straighten up and treat each other with a little more respect.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

1. YOU AGREE that your use of this Forum is governed by these Rules.

7. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.

8. Personal attacks
You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

9. Flaming, trolling, other misconduct
a. These are not permitted -
  • Flaming (insults).
  • Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).
  • Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.
  • Posting of vulgar videos.
  • Obscene or vulgar language.
  • Trying to place offensive text in a post by evading the forum's built-in word censor, using symbols or alternative letters for example.
  • Multiple identities/accounts - this also applies to Facebookers. Each member is allowed only one account on the ECF Forums.
  • Improper solicitation of goods, services, or monies from suppliers or other members. ECF is a "no begging zone".
  • Trolling (includes but is not restricted to:
  • Flooding the board with comments coming from a single point of view in multiple posts.
  • Deliberately posting something which is against our forum rules.
  • Posting something deliberately inflammatory - either to start a "flame war" or simply to cause difficulties for the Moderators.
  • Posting snide comments about another member.
  • Posting repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities.
  • Engaging in behaviour which is disruptive to the general operation of the Forum.
  • Comments that insult people on the basis of their sexual orientation, religion, race, nationality, or country of origin.

Thank you for your cooperation!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I don't know about this "elitist" attitude of which you speak, I do know that things come across differently when typed than they do when spoken. The emphasis on certain words are not shown or the tone isn't inflected as meant so it comes across completely different than it's intended to. It would be my guess that this is the biggest problem for any forum since most people don't take the time to "pad" what they type to assure that it's not misunderstood. Someone is always going to read something wrong, I've done it myself especially when I'm not paying particular attention or my mindset isn't a good one. I'm to the point of not saying what I vape on just to avoid this type of finger-pointing or labeling.

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
I was surprised the first time I experienced the stigma against ProVari users. I was vaping at a bar when someone approached me to talk about e-cigs. They asked to see my PV, then said, "Ohhh... you're one of THOSE vapers" and went back to their friends. :confused: I didn't understand what they meant at first. The whole thing seems silly to me. Why not wait until someone acts like a vaping snob before accusing them of being one?

And that's my :2c: on this topic.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I was surprised the first time I experienced the stigma against ProVari users. I was vaping at a bar when someone approached me to talk about e-cigs. They asked to see my PV, then said, "Ohhh... you're one of THOSE vapers" and went back to their friends. :confused: I didn't understand what they meant at first. The whole thing seems silly to me. Why not wait until someone acts like a vaping snob before accusing them of being one?

And that's my :2c: on this topic.
I suspect the person at the bar was referring to the size of your e-cig and not the brand name. I'm just guessing, but most people I've met in bars have never heard of a Provari. Sorry. Nice story.

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
I suspect the person at the bar was referring to the size of your e-cig and not the brand name. I'm just guessing, but most people I've met in bars have never heard of a Provari. Sorry. Nice story.

They got a pretty good look at it before I handed it to them. It was pretty clear that the issue occurred when they turned it sideways and read the label.

They were probably using a lavatube, so mine wasn't much larger.

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
I don't get it. Why would anyone think Provari people are snobs? That makes no sense, Provari are the cheapest of the next tier of vaping gear. THIS is expensive, and in stock too!: Otto Carter Engraved SS Tribal Mod - Otto Carter
Umm, no? Provari's are one of the more expensive apv's in the replaceable battery regulated category.

Mech mods are in their own category, conforming to their own set of rules and definitions of quality vs price.

Not to say that the provari isn't a sound product, I've never used one. But, it is regardless one of the more expensive, especially considering it's number of features.

That said, I'd probably buy one if I had the money to burn.

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
Most people I've met in bars think e-cigarettes are cig-alikes. I never met one (from upscale marinas to waterfront dives) who ever saw an APV before.

We're getting a lot of stores around here like Vapoligy and ElectronicStix. According to a news article, we're up to 20 or so stores, though I find that hard to believe.

"Ecigs in Downtown Boise will celebrate a year in business this month. It was among the first vape shops to open in the Treasure Valley. Now there are 20 to 25, according to Hamilton and other local shop owners.

"We don't have the market to support that. We're saturated," Hamilton says, noting that Portland has only a few shops. "I don't quite understand why all the shops are popping up here."

The Treasure Valley’s vaping boom | Idaho Companies | Idahostatesman.com

I'd probably meet more vapers if I left the house more often, but I'm a bit of a home-body. The bar incident happened on New Years, one of the few times you'll find me in a bar.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
1dcc.jpg

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I was just sad that they didn't stick around to talk. I don't meet many vapers "in the wild." Then again, someone who cares enough about models and brand names to end a conversation probably wouldn't have been a pleasant person to talk to anyway.

Hrm. I'd have run them down and they would either tell me why they said that, or left the bar:). Why wonder:)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread