The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by JonOH1234, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Who knows what causes the dreaded "brush-off" at a watering hole?

2. burnie71

burnie71 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2012
    South Australia
    Provari in my opinion is the most reliable vv mode out there, most definatly the safest way to get into the larger mods. It was my first and it still is my favourite I also own two Poldiac's which I also love, but I have never ever had a hot collapsed spring and hot battery due to bad atty on safe Provari.
    I always check atty prior to putting on mod, as most know an atty can short just by tightening too hard.

3. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    I dont know yet whatmthe best is. I agree its safe. And repairable, though these mech mods seem unbreakable and with nomcircuit board dont really see how they would break. I learning to enjoy my chi you clone. But i did just recently find out i was using the wrong batteries.
    Yeah thats major!

4. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Hell, wasn't me. I had to save up to buy the Provari. And I'm certainly not snobbish about it. It's what the local store carried and I didn't want to order online. That was that.

5. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Hehe, the Otto Carver was $3000... and it sold 5 minutes after I posted that link, after being there for a few weeks. Dang...

6. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 15, 2011
    Moving to the ProVari forum

7. jd1978

jd1978 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    us
    I have a ProVari and love it. I also have a Vamo v5 and an I taste SVD. I use my Vamo a lot. Its the mod I carry to work. It probably takes the most abuse, though not intentional. My SVD bit the dust. It was junk from the get go. The ProVari actually is a superior device compared to the overall build and quality of the other two. Personally, I think all vapors should have two things. A mech and a vamo. If your vv device dies, then you can certainly use those batteries in a mech, and IMO a mech is better than an ego. If you have a Vamo and it dies or gets lost, your not out that much. Maybe 45$ Now, I have to say my ProVari is my favorite device to use, hands down. If you don't want a ProVari, you can certainly get by with another vv device. I heavily recommend a Vamo. Not so much the SVD.

8. SteelerFan
    This message by SteelerFan has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Feb 5, 2014, Reason: Inappropriate.
    Feb 4, 2014
  9. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Even in the Provari section the (elitist snobs) talk about other devices they own and use. I have even talked about my quest for the best cigalike that exists in the Provari section. I never get abuse in there because I use a cigalike at times but I certainly have seen it from some when I am outside of the Provari section.

For the most part the Provari owners I have interacted with out here seem to be very decent people.

10. glassgal

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Just substitute, "Nice, Kind, Tolerant, Considerate, Caring, Good" for 'elitist snob'. You figure those who have a problem with that are those who don't like Provari. Works for me:).

11. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Have I ever told you that you are nice, kind, tolerant, considerate, caring, and good? Well you are and I am glad to have run across you in this forum. :)

12. glassgal

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Awww, thank you Jjohhnnn:)! I think the same of you, and many others on this forum too:). (((GROUP HUG)))

13. TheSystemHasFailed

TheSystemHasFailed Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2013
    Valhalla
    I laugh at the excuses people make when they say they dont want a Provari because it doesn't do watts. Hey, geniuses, watts are a byproduct of the voltage at your atomizers resistance. You can get more than the 15 W max of most VW devices, JUST by upping the voltage.

Too funny.

14. VapnWitch

VapnWitch Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    VA, USA
    I expected the ProVari people to be these horrid, inhuman, vile, cruel creatures from what some people have said about them online. But I think I've only encountered maybe a couple of ProVari owners that I would even go so far as to call "jerks." Overall, they've been some of the nicest people, and most helpful, that I've come across in the vaping community.

Even before I ordered my ProVari (it's still processing, ugh) I didn't understand why people seem to hate them and the owners so much. It's just a vaping device. Yes, it's more expensive than an ego, Vamo, etc., yes some owners are probably pushy and rude, etc., but is it really worth fighting over it so much, and name calling? I just don't get that, I guess.

15. Diogenes

Diogenes Moved On

Nov 5, 2013
    Justice, IL
    That's the exact reason I don't want one. I like being able to set my watts, and swap tanks without having to figure out how many volts for the resistance.

16. joecil

joecil Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I actually want both watts and volts capability with out having to figure it out. As I said I also want ego treading on any device I own as I use tanks mostly.

I vape to relieve a 50 year smoking habit that it has helped me quit by filling in for it.. Oh and buy the way I wouldn't own many things in this world that others would love too. That is what makes the world go around.

17. louis

louis Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2010
    Mt Vernon,Texas
    #1 personal preference. #2 price. #3 options. #4 looks. My wife has a new one & loves it with a DOX Puri tank. I use a REo & there are people who don't like them either, but for me it gives me the dripping positives with the option of not having to drip.
    My last answer. GO FIGURE.

louis

18. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

I vape by taste, not power calculations. There are far too many variables to set it and forget it; I can get a fantastic vape out of a ProVape-1, which has no power regulation...

19. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Coastal Georgia
    Im likely to be the only one who wished it had a puff counter.
    Love that about the mvp.

Some of my tanks are 2ohm some are 3ohm and a lot of times i forget to check my ohms when switching. Uck...
    And i wish the first menu option was the ohm checker, why is it the last? 12 clicks to get the ohms and it is so easy to skip right past it.
    I use to think it was ugly. But it is much nicer in person.
    If i could take the mvp2 features and add them to the provari, that would be the perfect device.

20. beckdg

beckdg ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. mR.blinG

mR.blinG Full Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    I don't get it, either - hence the :rolleyes: ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.