Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
Provari in my opinion is the most reliable vv mode out there, most definatly the safest way to get into the larger mods. It was my first and it still is my favourite I also own two Poldiac's which I also love, but I have never ever had a hot collapsed spring and hot battery due to bad atty on safe Provari.
I always check atty prior to putting on mod, as most know an atty can short just by tightening too hard.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
OMG! SOMEONE BOUGHT THE OTTO CARVER JUST NOW!!!! Ok... fess up... WHO did that:)? I wanna call you a snob... LOL!

Hell, wasn't me. I had to save up to buy the Provari. And I'm certainly not snobbish about it. It's what the local store carried and I didn't want to order online. That was that.

jd1978

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
us
I have a ProVari and love it. I also have a Vamo v5 and an I taste SVD. I use my Vamo a lot. Its the mod I carry to work. It probably takes the most abuse, though not intentional. My SVD bit the dust. It was junk from the get go. The ProVari actually is a superior device compared to the overall build and quality of the other two. Personally, I think all vapors should have two things. A mech and a vamo. If your vv device dies, then you can certainly use those batteries in a mech, and IMO a mech is better than an ego. If you have a Vamo and it dies or gets lost, your not out that much. Maybe 45$ Now, I have to say my ProVari is my favorite device to use, hands down. If you don't want a ProVari, you can certainly get by with another vv device. I heavily recommend a Vamo. Not so much the SVD.

SteelerFan

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2013
CigFreeLand
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Inappropriate

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Even in the Provari section the (elitist snobs) talk about other devices they own and use. I have even talked about my quest for the best cigalike that exists in the Provari section. I never get abuse in there because I use a cigalike at times but I certainly have seen it from some when I am outside of the Provari section.

For the most part the Provari owners I have interacted with out here seem to be very decent people.

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Just substitute, "Nice, Kind, Tolerant, Considerate, Caring, Good" for 'elitist snob'. You figure those who have a problem with that are those who don't like Provari. Works for me:).

Have I ever told you that you are nice, kind, tolerant, considerate, caring, and good? Well you are and I am glad to have run across you in this forum. :)

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
For the most part the Provari owners I have interacted with out here seem to be very decent people.

I expected the ProVari people to be these horrid, inhuman, vile, cruel creatures from what some people have said about them online. But I think I've only encountered maybe a couple of ProVari owners that I would even go so far as to call "jerks." Overall, they've been some of the nicest people, and most helpful, that I've come across in the vaping community.

Even before I ordered my ProVari (it's still processing, ugh) I didn't understand why people seem to hate them and the owners so much. It's just a vaping device. Yes, it's more expensive than an ego, Vamo, etc., yes some owners are probably pushy and rude, etc., but is it really worth fighting over it so much, and name calling? I just don't get that, I guess.

Diogenes

Moved On
Nov 5, 2013
Justice, IL
I laugh at the excuses people make when they say they dont want a Provari because it doesn't do watts. Hey, geniuses, watts are a byproduct of the voltage at your atomizers resistance. You can get more than the 15 W max of most VW devices, JUST by upping the voltage.

Too funny.

That's the exact reason I don't want one. I like being able to set my watts, and swap tanks without having to figure out how many volts for the resistance.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
That's the exact reason I don't want one. I like being able to set my watts, and swap tanks without having to figure out how many volts for the resistance.

I actually want both watts and volts capability with out having to figure it out. As I said I also want ego treading on any device I own as I use tanks mostly.

I vape to relieve a 50 year smoking habit that it has helped me quit by filling in for it.. Oh and buy the way I wouldn't own many things in this world that others would love too. That is what makes the world go around.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Im likely to be the only one who wished it had a puff counter.
Love that about the mvp.

Some of my tanks are 2ohm some are 3ohm and a lot of times i forget to check my ohms when switching. Uck...
And i wish the first menu option was the ohm checker, why is it the last? 12 clicks to get the ohms and it is so easy to skip right past it.
I use to think it was ugly. But it is much nicer in person.
If i could take the mvp2 features and add them to the provari, that would be the perfect device.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
They would have been more impressed if it said Sigelei. They look better and they can't pronounce it.
side-eye-what-you-talking-about-willis1.jpg

I was already bottom feeding when the Provari was realesed. I couldn't go from awesomeness to meh.
side-eye-what-you-talking-about-willis1.jpg

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Cheering-Clapping.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread