Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
I like pie.

but I have cinnamon roll in my Provari.

???

Isn't it a battery that is supposed to go inside the Provari?

If you actually meant a cinnamon roll liquid, that should really go in a topper of some sort, preferably pyrex. I think the liquid can damage your board, if you put both liquid and batteries in there.

If you meant an actual cinnamon roll, good luck cleaning that icing out.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
My god it's like the apple vs android debates. It won't stop unless one of them goes out of business.

Vape what you like and if it keeps you off of cigarettes then that is ALL THAT MATTERS. Mods should really shut these threads down as they see them open.

They do if it gets out of hand. I think its great to see people defending their mods.
If the pro vari hadnt been allowed to be reccomended to me and i hadnt seen how well defended they are i never would have bought one.
I have spent over $2500 now in vape gear. I would not still be vaping if it werent for my carto tanks and provari. It all would have been money wasted. Now i can concentrate on juices and diy recipes and rebuilds.
What a relief.

So i guess i disagree, except for the threads that get volitile, but mods do shut them down.
I think this has been one of the friendlier discussions.

And if they dont own a provari why respond at all to the i love my provari threads?

Last edited:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
My god it's like the apple vs android debates. It won't stop unless one of them goes out of business.

Vape what you like and if it keeps you off of cigarettes then that is ALL THAT MATTERS. Mods should really shut these threads down as they see them open.

You know I read every page in this thread and this post is the only one that made any sense.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
As I have said I have NOTHING against Provari, OR the people that recommend them. I think it is great that they have found a device they love and enjoy sharing their enjoyment with others.

I only take issue with the FEW that make assertions that anything other than a Provari is junk. I would take the same exception if this were an iPhone vs others discussion, or a Mercedes vs others discussion, Playstation vs XBox, etc. There are multiple brands and multiple models for a reason. Nothing is truly one size fits all....with the possible exception of a snuggie.

Best I can tell the primary difference between a Provari and some other PV's is "quality of the materials", "great support", "great warranty", and things like that. I see nothing that directly relates to the vaping experience. That is unless you are using some cheap device with some sort of "rattlesnake" problem. From what I understand the iTaste SVD and even some newer Vamo's are using newer chips that do not have this problem. So what does a Provari bring to the actual vaping experience that those don't? How exactly would my vaping experience be improved for $200? I am asking because I really would like to know.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
As I have said I have NOTHING against Provari, OR the people that recommend them. I think it is great that they have found a device they love and enjoy sharing their enjoyment with others.

I only take issue with the FEW that make assertions that anything other than a Provari is junk. I would take the same exception if this were an iPhone vs others discussion, or a Mercedes vs others discussion, Playstation vs XBox, etc. There are multiple brands and multiple models for a reason. Nothing is truly one size fits all....with the possible exception of a snuggie.

Best I can tell the primary difference between a Provari and some other PV's is "quality of the materials", "great support", "great warranty", and things like that. I see nothing that directly relates to the vaping experience. That is unless you are using some cheap device with some sort of "rattlesnake" problem. From what I understand the iTaste SVD and even some newer Vamo's are using newer chips that do not have this problem. So what does a Provari bring to the actual vaping experience that those don't? How exactly would my vaping experience be improved for $200? I am asking because I really would like to know.

You can leave the house with only your ProVari and topper and pretty much guarantee it will work, without having to worry about taking backups.

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV

Durability, reliability and longevity.
I have said this in other thread's......the amount I have spent on $50-$100 devices that have failed me, surpassed the amount I have spent on the Provari.

And last I checked Provaris are as low as $159. New.

Edit: clearance section has blems for $150. Most who buy these can't even find the blemish. Usually logo is faded slightly.

Last edited:

Thomasis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
Somewhere on top of the world

I think you mentioned just about all of the good qualities of the Provari, if your still debating if it's worth it, the Provari probably wouldn't be the perfect APV for you. Reliability is the biggest reason for me using a Provari but I enjoy my other mods for other reasons as well.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
You can leave the house with only your ProVari and topper and pretty much guarantee it will work, without having to worry about taking backups.

With all due respect I can leave my house with my MVP2 and a topper and pretty much guarantee it will work too...And I don't have to bring a backup battery...:)

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
The answer is simple...

DENIAL...:)

Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

An interesting question. There's no way to know the answer for sure.

My best guess?

Their empty, ProVari-less lives fuel an unhealthy, envious fury.

<OR>

They want features that the ProVari lacks, and they don't value the features it does have.

This is a good theory. In photography we say you can spend $200.00 on a tripod or you can spend $800.00 on a tripod. The $800.00 comes from buying 10 or 12 cheap tripods until you finally give up and by the quality one that you should have bought the first time.

They are terrible, terrible mods. $300 for a steel tube? You've got to be kidding. I can't imagine what kind of people would buy them... I could buy 10 disposable made in PRC mods for that...

Just a shot in the dark, but it might be the passive-aggressive sarcasm that some Provari owners show, or maybe the suggestion that the Provari is the only mod that will last an appreciable amount of time...

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Where have you seen this? I know there probably are but I have not see that much of it. When I was searching for a desk based device it seems like some of the Provari owners were walking on egg shells and it felt like I saw more people saying don't get one.

I think the Provari owners are just pushing back from being beat over the head and trying to have fun with it. It seems like most of the Provari owners have and use other devices as well.

From a recent thread in response to the fact that you could buy a Vamo instead of a Provari and donate the savings.

Dam Provari owners...... Why would you want a USA quality built mod with a rock solid warranty when you could of saved money and bought a cheap China made junk mod...? ;)

Just proving my point.....JUNK!!!

Calling everything else junk is what puts people off. If you buy a Honda and then some Mercedes driving <explicative> comes along and calls it junk, you are going to be offended.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
With all due respect I can leave my house with my MVP2 and a topper and pretty much guarantee it will work too...And I don't have to bring a backup battery...:)

You may want to do a quick search about MVP issues- power buttons falling off, no longer holding a charge...

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
From a recent thread in response to the fact that you could buy a Vamo instead of a Provari and donate the savings.

I spent most of my lifetime giving away 25% of my net income. I have given away a couple of K out here in fact.

I prefer things that have a chance of lasting a lifetime. I still use things given to me in the 60's.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Just a shot in the dark, but it might be the passive-aggressive sarcasm that some Provari owners show, or maybe the suggestion that the Provari is the only mod that will last an appreciable amount of time...

It is proven, unquestionable, undisputed scientific fact that a ProVari will last an appreciable amount of time.
Perhaps the sarcasm is directed at those who have never owned one, yet claim to know all about them...

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
You may want to do a quick search about MVP issues- power buttons falling off, no longer holding a charge...

Oh, no! Your MVP has issues. You send it back and get another one, OR, if it's past warranty, you buy another one (and a backup just in case) and are still a good $80 under the cost of a Provari and batteries.

For every person that has issues with their MVP there are 50 that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread