Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I don't think anyone "hates" any product that they have never used. However there can often be resentment at owners of a specific product if the owners of the product exhibit a superiority complex just from merely owning said product.

As an example lets look at the iphone. Is it a good phone? Yes. Yet it's owners can often be snobbish toward those that don't have one...Even if the other person has something as advanced as a Galaxy S4. It's the attitude that breeds the resentment, not the product.

As for provari, you do not need a provari to quit smoking and have a very enjoyable vape, anymore than you have to have a Ferrari to drive to work daily. Yet I have seen more than a couple of people insinuate or outright say that if you don't have a Porvari the you are basically doing it wrong.

Although I have never used a Provari, I just cannot see how it could be that much different from say an iTaste SVD, in terms of pure vaping experience.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

An interesting question. There's no way to know the answer for sure.

My best guess?

Their empty, ProVari-less lives fuel an unhealthy, envious fury.

<OR>

They want features that the ProVari lacks, and they don't value the features it does have.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
However there can often be resentment at owners of a specific product if the owners of the product exhibit a superiority complex just from merely owning said product.

Where have you seen this? I know there probably are but I have not see that much of it. When I was searching for a desk based device it seems like some of the Provari owners were walking on egg shells and it felt like I saw more people saying don't get one.

I think the Provari owners are just pushing back from being beat over the head and trying to have fun with it. It seems like most of the Provari owners have and use other devices as well.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response"

Gotcha. I thought it meant people that read things but don't post. Sorry, my bad. Didn't understand it I guess.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Yet I have seen more than a couple of people insinuate or outright say that if you don't have a Porvari the you are basically doing it wrong.

I could be wrong, but for those who come across as doing that, it could also just be misinterpreted as such..

I would tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, and perhaps liken it in a similar vein as to a fairly new vaper being all excited about vaping to his/her smoking friends.. "You guys gotta try this! It's awesome!! Waaaay better than smoking! Why are you even bothering with those nasty cigs? Vaping is the way to go! Here, take a toot of this yummy Smurfberry Razzle!"

People merely sharing their enthusiasm for something

:2c:

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Where have you seen this? I know there probably are but I have not see that much of it. When I was searching for a desk based device it seems like some of the Provari owners were walking on egg shells and it felt like I saw more people saying don't get one.

I think the Provari owners are just pushing back from being beat over the head and trying to have fun with it. It seems like most of the Provari owners have and use other devices as well.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
No one really hates Provari. It's the annoying people that keep trying to shove them down everyone's throat and put everything else down because it is not a Provari.

Who tries to shove them down peoples throat? I mainly see people defending their choices? When people ask about devices people mention a great many things so is it wrong to mention a Provari. Some of us are a little gun shy to suggest them and only post where Provari is specifically asked about. I wish more had suggested them to me when I arrived here.

Last edited:

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Well back to the OP. I'm happy you like your choice. That's all that really matters anyway. They aren't cheap and if you are happy with it then I consider that a WIN.

I also have a local store here that sells them so that's another reason I bought it. There are so many out there and I was uncomfortable ordering something that I "hoped" would be what I was looking for. It was the same price as ProVape so I went with the local store. Maybe there is something out there I would have liked better? Maybe not. But I'm thrilled with mine so it was a good purchase for me.

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I don't dislike them at all. My eVic gives me such a satisfying vape that I don't have a need to look for another solution. I am spending all my money on tanks, heads, cartos, and DIY supplies.

I have 2 eVics so I have a backup but so far haven't used the second one. If they were to die I think the Provari would be my next purchase.

I didn't jump right in to big dollar items when I started. Went from cigalikes, to CE4 starter kits, to spinners, and then finally to an $80.00 eVic. When I decided to purchase the eVic the Provari was such a big jump in price and I wasn't all that confident that I would stay with vaping.

Now that it's been a couple years I would purchase a Provari if the need was there.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
I don't dislike them at all. My eVic gives me such a satisfying vape that I don't have a need to look for another solution. I am spending all my money on tanks, heads, cartos, and DIY supplies.

I have 2 eVics so I have a backup but so far haven't used the second one. If they were to die I think the Provari would be my next purchase.

I didn't jump right in to big dollar items when I started. Went from cigalikes, to CE4 starter kits, to spinners, and then finally to an $80.00 eVic. When I decided to purchase the eVic the Provari was such a big jump in price and I wasn't all that confident that I would stay with vaping.

Now that it's been a couple years I would purchase a Provari if the need was there.

I started cheap too and then gradually upgraded. I know for a fact that I will stick with vaping so I saved until I could afford one. It's probably all I will ever need. It does everything i need/want it to. It was the right choice for me...doesn't mean it's the right choice for everyone. To be honest, I could give a rats ... what other people have. I like mine and so that's good enough for me. I'd buy it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread