Why do so many people dislike Provari's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
pet1_zpsd00d62c0.png

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Knock it off

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Calling everything else junk is what puts people off. If you buy a Honda and then some Mercedes driving <explicative> comes along and calls it junk, you are going to be offended.

I think you'll find a lot of Provari owners also thought that guy was over the top. If we all based our opinions of a group of product owners on the occasional comments of an individual, there's not a mod on this forum that would escape unscathed.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
I just dont see the point in being mean.

And why is it that when some one owns a provari they get grouped in this wierd category?
I dont understand, i thought ecf was about helping each other out.
Getting off cigarettes. Having support. Learning about options that are out there.
I dont understand the hate. I really dont.
I visit the provari and the mvp2 threads a lot. Every one on both sides are nice and helpful, they dont look at me and say oh you own a mvp2 go away. On the mvp2 thread, their not like oh thats a provari in your hand lets call her names and throw stones at her.

I just dont get why you cant vape with your vape and be cool.
What does it matter if some one likes their mod. Cuz it should be a great thing.

Your threshold for "Mean" is disturbingly low.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I am not the car that I drive, it is just a car.
I am not the house that I live in, it may be small, or it may be large.
I am not the things that I own, they are just things, some useful and some not.
I am an ex smoker, and want to remain so. I feel better physically, and emotionally now. It seems as if using e-cigs has lessened the harm that I was doing to my body.
I come here to learn, what may work for others, what devices they use, and what methods they use them in.
We are all lucky to have so many options available at the present time and folks willing to share their experiences with each other.
I don't get the polarization that exists over one single product. This just doesn't make any sense from any perspective.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Would like to note, that my first mvp2 died three days after i owned, it cost me $70, turn around and found one for $40 then decided ill be screwed if it died too, so i bought two provari's, because if one breaks i can have it repaired on the cheap. I still havnt found any one able to fix my first mvp2.

What caused the MVP2 to fail ??

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Did you smell that too? Or did you stroke it then find out?

Not eveyone on here are thick skinned, beer chugging, back yard wrestling men.

I am a woman who is here to get off cigarettes that i have been smoking for 24 years.
I am here to learn and to share what i have learned. I am here to help and be helped.
And i think some people are here for entertainment only.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida

I wish i knew. I still have it in hopes it can be resurrected.
It lights up but when you let go of the button it stays green, it has power, tested it with a voltage meter and it flashes but will not show a reading. It wont fire clearomizers or cartomizers. It will still charge my ipod.
I took it to a vape shop owner here and he tried to open it, but he couldnt get it to come completely apart, or even enough to peak inside.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I wish i knew. I still have it in hopes it can be resurrected.
It lights up but when you let go of the button it stays green, it has power, tested it with a voltage meter and it flashes but will not show a reading. It wont fire clearomizers or cartomizers. It will still charge my ipod.
I took it to a vape shop owner here and he tried to open it, but he couldnt get it to come completely apart, or even enough to peak inside.

Hmmm...This is what you said in another post :
Well my first mvp2 from gotvapes, died when my glass carto tank broke and leaked all over the battery, bought another one from 101 vapes, definately a better model. The bottom sits flush with no wobble, and the button thomstill firm is not as hard to press as my first one.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I do not hate Provaris. I do not own one because I find I very RARELY use a regulated device. My 2 REOs take care of my vaping needs quite well. The little I use a regulated device my old VAMO handles fine. When it dies then yes I will likely replace it with a Provari. But for something I use maybe once a week I see no point until the VAMO fails.

My vaping happy place happened to land with mechs and dripping(squonking).

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I think you'll find a lot of Provari owners also thought that guy was over the top. If we all based our opinions of a group of product owners on the occasional comments of an individual, there's not a mod on this forum that would escape unscathed.

And I think you will find that I never lumped all product owners into a group. I said the people that say things like that is what is turning others off. I am not trying to defend the provari haters, nor the provari owners. I was just pointing out an example of why some people have a negative opinion on this topic.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I will say this though. I do not personally think it's a good idea to suggest some of the advanced devices and setups with VV/VW, RBA's, RDA's, etc. to complete newbies. To quote myself from nearly a year ago, in another thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/lounge/409234-i-gotta-stay-away-5.html#post9340455

To me the problem of suggesting advanced setups with VV/VW, changable batteries, cartotanks, RBA's, and such is new people most likely have no clue what they are getting into and will get overwhelmed. Not to mention the finger shock of instantly going from a thin analog to a giant chrome dildo looking thingy. If you dump everything on them at once they may get frustrated and go back to analogs...and nobody wants that.

In fact, many people have to be coaxed into the deep end. First you give them an El-cheapo cig-a-like and if they seem to like it, you then tell them there is something better but requires a bit more tinkering and maintenance and introduce them to a eGo/eGo-Twist type battery and a refillable device. Once they realize the vape is worth the hassle of refilling THEN they will be ready for something more advanced.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Hmmm...This is what you said in another post :

But i never fired it. So that should not have caused it to break, right? And turns out it still does wobble, was just trying to fix that last night.

I have learned a lot since then, and i have had tanks leak even on my ego batteries, cleaned them off and they work just fine. So why did it not work on the mvp2 i bought? Gotvapes is a verified vendor here so are they selling a bad product? Was it a faulty mvp? Who knows. So i stand with my answer of i have no idea.

Edit to also add, please dont make me look like i dont like my mvp, two or three days later i bought another one. I reccomend them to people all the time. It is still a fact that it should not have malfunctioned because a tank leaked. If that were true then all my other batteries should be messed up too.

Edit again to add,

Guess why i bought the provari, because if it breaks they fix it.
What!? Isnt that crazy? You can send it in for repairs.

Go on find those posts for me and quote them here too, the repair fees and turn around times.
THE WHOLE REASON I BOUGHT MINE IS BECAUSE I HAVE A MURPHYS LAW CLOUD ABOVE ME
If there is a slight chance that something can go wrong, it will for me. And that is why i bought one.
Ive posted that before too.

And in the meantime if you find some one who knows how to repair an mvp2 msg me their info. Id like mine fixed and then id have 5 days of vape battery life with just two mods!

Last edited:

McFeely

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Washington, PA
I always assumed a lot of the hate came from the newbie forum awhile back when people would ask about an inexpensive mod recommendation and people would just come in and say "Just get a provari". I don't hate provari or the owners but I don't personally see the need to spend a crapton of money on a vv device. I currently use a SiD and two Itaste VV V3s had an MVP V2 but lost it.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    I loved everything about my provari except the way it Vaped. I hate to say it, too. It was beautifully constructed, and had the best threads of any of my devices to date.
    It's vape was just way too forceful. It's, as far as I could tell, all to do with it's processor speed. Any vape I tried, and a range of resistance, it was too hot and harsh for my taste. It's rated at what, 800 hertz? It was just too much for me.
    The evic, at about 109 hertz is a much better fit for me.
    In popular opinion I am an odd ball both in that I didn't like the way the provari Vaped, and that I am oddly affected by pum. That being said, I think the provari is a great device, but everyone has a different taste.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The first part of your post gives reason enough to choose a Provari over some other mods.

The vast majority of mods use the 33.3 Hz "rattlesnake chip". The Provari, iTaste V3, and iTaste MVP use a better chip which many say gives an improved vaping experience.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/488840-rattlesnake-effect-why-cheapo-vv-exception-itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html

I've not read of the SVD or Vamo having improved their chips. Please provide a link to support this.

If this is not enough to convince you, then pick out one of the previous Provari threads at the end of this blog in the link below:

Why Provari?

Thank you for the links. Very insightful info. I guess I am just one of the ones that cannot detect the "rattlesnake" effect. As an experiment just now, I pulled the battery out of my SVD and measured the voltage on a MM. It was 3.81V. I put the battery back in the SVD and vaped it at 3.8V a few times. Then I removed the battery and using some insulated alligator clips I set it up to mimic a Mech (straight battery, no regulation, no RMS) and vaped it that way a few times. I personally could not tell any difference in VTF between one method or the other and there was no difference in the sounds that it made.

I will also admit it could be because I am using ARO's at 2.2 - 2.4ohms instead of some advanced RBA or RDA at a lower resistance. Maybe if I used something more advanced or lower resistance, there would be a more noticeable difference. I honestly do not know.

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    I loved everything about my provari except the way it Vaped. I hate to say it, too. It was beautifully constructed, and had the best threads of any of my devices to date.
    It's vape was just way too forceful. It's, as far as I could tell, all to do with it's processor speed. Any vape I tried, and a range of resistance, it was too hot and harsh for my taste. It's rated at what, 800 hertz? It was just too much for me.
    The evic, at about 109 hertz is a much better fit for me.
    In popular opinion I am an odd ball both in that I didn't like the way the provari Vaped, and that I am oddly affected by pum. That being said, I think the provari is a great device, but everyone has a different taste.

You must have gotten one of the rare models; one with no power adjustment...:facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread