Why Is The CDC Still Telling People To Stop Vaping Nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Because until they can provide a definitive answer as to the substance responsible and how it's getting introduced into circulation, they can advise not to use any THC cartridge (which they have done) and a suggestion to consider not vaping anything until they are certain it's not in a nicotine related cartridge like counterfeit juul cartridges. Their latest report from last Friday was pretty much that statement and not unreasonable. At this time they are not saying don't vape anything, no matter how their statements have been interpreted by the media or public.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Kinda like a sign in a mens restroom hanging over the urinal
' Don't eat the big green or blue mint '

Sometimes overstating the obvious is necessary depending on the audience.

Don't vape anything & scare tactics seem almost appropriate when far beyond sketchy back door sales are prevalent, and more of these sources being discovered frequently. And the way some of these homemade/tainted products have unknowingly been integrated into a few known legit sources.

If you're the type of person that would buy facebook, instagram or in some cases 'underground' text message based e liquids or vape 'oils' to circumvent state laws & age restrictions you certainly are not paying attention or concerned about the recent goings on.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Over time their statements seem to have gone through some subtle changes. They are a bit more emphatic about THC and they've marginally toned down the part about regular nic vaping. It's hard to prove a negative. If they are going to keep it up until they are certain nobody got sick from nic vaping, that might never happen.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I THOUGHT the mints were PINK!!

Dang it, it's been too long since I've like taken a small child to the men's room. I kinda did that because I think it's so silly to take one into the ladies like it can't use a urinal.

I need someone to loan me a small male child, with the willingness to understand that I will accompany it to pee to look a the mint.

To be fair to the CDC they do try to start "Broadly" because it is marginally safer, then narrow their focus. I mean if all they had to start with were "vapes'" if some folks were saying nic who knows but their warning would have to be like the don't buy x y z warnings, or don't eat salmonella lettuce. It would have to be "don't vape."

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Well, maybe I shoulda left out any reference to a specific color of deodorizing puck / biscuit, didn't cross my mind anyone would focus on a descriptor and that would warrant a borrowed male child to fact check a colorant.

I mean, like, they do come in different colors, even shapes too, believe it or not, some even have 'engraved' / embossed logos.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, maybe I shoulda left out any reference to a specific color of deodorizing puck / biscuit, didn't cross my mind anyone would focus on a descriptor and that would warrant a borrowed male child to fact check a colorant.

I mean, like, they do come in different colors, even shapes too.
New-4-Color-urinal-deodorizer-block.jpg_350x350.jpg
39636.JPG

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I need someone to loan me a small male child, with the willingness to understand that I will accompany it to pee to look a the mint.
You don't need an excuse to go into a men's room. From my understanding, men are much less concerned with the opposite sex showing up in their bathroom. But if you must have an excuse, a simple mop should do the trick.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dood the have warnings about EATING THEM??? Is this for people with Pica.

Now that I think about it, I don't need a broom, I just need a buzz cut, a swagga, and some of Mr. A's clothes. Because frankly I am not even gonna PRETEND to like, clean a public men's bathroom. I'm sorry you couldn't pay me enough to do it and the sad thing is I bet most of the people doing it are like paid minimum wage. They should form a union like Garbage men and get paid decently for their efforts.

I think there should be a new category of Pica, called "Pica of the Grossest Kind." LOL.

Why is the CDC not INVESTIGATING this?

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I once came across an old public toilet in North London somewhere, It was really old, probably from the Victorian era, but very clean and well looked after. It had an old brass plaque above the urinal saying ''Please adjust your dress before leaving''. I laughed at the wording from a bygone age but also at the meaning of the message. I couldn't help thinking ''Nah I'm just gonna saunter outside with me Johnson hanging out''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread