Why the desire to segregate this community by age group through threads???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Just askin'... 'cause being a basic block head, I honestly don't get it. Granted, just because I don't get it doesn't mean it's wrong, so perhaps somebody could explain the appeal of cordoning off one age group from another. It stinks of unnesessary segregation to me. I just see it as needless, as I feel just as close to, and interested in hearing from an elderly lady who's just discovered the wonders of vaping only recently, as I do the young, metal-pierced, hipster-techie dude who's been vaping since '08.

This community is alive and well, vigorous, humorous, helpful and for the most part, respectful. Why this seemingly new push to partition the community by age group?... at least not in the General E-Smoking Discussion - Right? Wrong? Your thoughts are welcome.

Isn't it the love of vaping that brings us together here, and our interest in each other's experiences and knowledge the glue which binds us? And right there, don't we all have something in common?

Why don't we eschew the age groups and all just enjoy each others company? Or at least reserve a sub-forum for such age-centric threads.

And please remember, this is solely my opinion, reflecting only a desire to see the community remain coehesive; and most certainly NOT meant as an attack on anyone who has started such a thread, where now they seem to be popping up as a developing trend to, as far as I can tell, provide inclusion to those left out. I, for one, hope it becomes just a passing fad.
Rant... if you can call it that, over! :vapor:

Victorian

Moved On
Feb 23, 2012
the reason I like it is because the forum is OVERWHELMING when you first start posting. I popped into several places; single vapers, women's room, Oregon groups and the "generation X - well established - not willing to admit middle aged" group. I would also pop into a parenting group and maybe a group of nonprofit working dog owners. Just because I don't know where else to start!

V.

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
Look man, I'm just saying that being the hep young cat that I am, I do not want to hear about how grandpa had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to meet the pony express to pick up his coal-powered mod. I don't want to discuss the merits of various prune-flavored e-liquids, and I do not want to know about how during the great depression the whole family had to share one PV and then Roosevelt announced rationing of e-juice on the new-fangled radio.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
There comes a point in time where people may get tired of talking about their pv or how much juice a carto holds and connect on a more personal level with people that have like interests- age, location, hobby, type of pv, etc. Groups are a good way to do that.

Personally, I think it's great. Plus, all the people posting in certain groups/threads seem to be having a fun time. Besides, most people posting in these threads also post in other sections of the forum.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Look man, I'm just saying that being the hep young cat that I am, I do not want to hear about how grandpa had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to meet the pony express to pick up his coal-powered mod. I don't want to discuss the merits of various prune-flavored e-liquids, and I do not want to know about how during the great depression the whole family had to share one PV and then Roosevelt announced rationing of e-juice on the new-fangled radio.

Gotta be one of da best posts ever!
thumbsup.gif

BTW, I'm 65 yy

ETA: Next... coming soon to your ECF:
cry-baby.gif
pre-K and post-K
Rockingchair.gif
!

toothy.gif

Last edited:

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
Just because these groups exist doesn't mean it's a requirement to be part of it or that you can only participate in that thread.

Considering the warm welcome I received when I joined I spend time every day welcoming in new posters in the New Members Forum. But there is a comfort level dealing with people in my age group that I enjoy also.

Now where can I find that prune flavored e-juice echofinder was talking about? Is it PG or VG and what's the mg?

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I recall back when I was a young pup and accidentally grabbed a bottle of juice instead of my powder horn. Dagnabbit! Took me a ....'s age ta' get the juice outta my musket barrel. Another time I grabbed my powder horn instead of my juice bottle and loaded 1.5ml of black powder into my carto. I screwed it on the end o' my eGo, pressed the button, and BOOM! The durn battery shot off and hit a squirrel square in the head at 47 paces! Squirrel weren't altogether pleased with the outcome, but I found him to be good eatin' all the same...wait...what was I talkin' 'bout?

echofinder

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Damascus, MD
www.reddit.com
I recall back when I was a young pup and accidentally grabbed a bottle of juice instead of my powder horn. Dagnabbit! Took me a ....'s age ta' get the juice outta my musket barrel. Another time I grabbed my powder horn instead of my juice bottle and loaded 1.5ml of black powder into my carto. I screwed it on the end o' my eGo, pressed the button, and BOOM! The durn battery shot off and hit a squirrel square in the head at 47 paces! Squirrel weren't altogether pleased with the outcome, but I found him to be good eatin' all the same...wait...what was I talkin' 'bout?

Emptied our cartos but the British kept a-comin; wasn't nigh as many as there was awhile ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread