Will Banning E-cigs make them more appealing to kids.

Would banning e-cigs make them more appealing to kids?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I wonder how many kids will hear about the ban on e-cigs and then really want to try one out. I would think that many kids would think that if the government is going through the hassle to ban them then they must be something really special. How many rebelling teenagers can turn down forbidden fruit? I know that tobacco is illegal for kids as well, but it's twice as big a deal if you get over doing something your parents are banned from.

Last edited:

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
Quite possibly. Teenagers want what they are not allowed to have, or have yet. Some teenagers smoke, so some will try vaping. At least it's healthier than tobacco and it's not the worst thing they can do. For non-smoking teens, I think the plethora of delicious flavors may be tempting to try. Hopefully they will choose to be 0mg vapers and not get on the nico-train.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
I say no, only because I don't see a bunch of teenagers on this board saying they've never smoked before and they're taking up vaping (actually, I've seen none). If this board is a representative cross-section of the vaping population (I guess it is), then there should be some if there were any. Banning them won't make them 'cool', IMO. I would imagine they think of vaping as 'nanny smoking' or some such.

jiff

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Arizona
I think they definately would. Stick an "FDA APPROVED" label on them, and teens in general won't be interested. Besides, how many teens do you all know who use snus, lozenges, patches, and snuff regularly to get nicotine? Not a whole lot, I wager. Ban the e-cig, and teens will think it's something exciting.

I'm 19, smoked since 15, and I can say for sure even now I find the e-cig to be exciting. If it were to be illegalized, I'd still get a thrill from obtaining and using my nic juice.

satoshi

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
NJ
But if e-cigs enter the mainstream and are regulated and taxed, then it's only going to be for people who are smoking age anyway? So there's still going to be the 'forbidden fruit' part of it.

Whatever its legal status, I'm not sure kids would prefer e-cigs to analogs anyway. As someone else said, kids might see it as 'nanny smoking.'

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
I say no, only because I don't see a bunch of teenagers on this board saying they've never smoked before and they're taking up vaping (actually, I've seen none). If this board is a representative cross-section of the vaping population (I guess it is), then there should be some if there were any. Banning them won't make them 'cool', IMO. I would imagine they think of vaping as 'nanny smoking' or some such.

Most of them can't (shouldn't) be on this board- per the TOS.
By using this website YOU AGREE that: 1. You are over 18.
I don't think the board represents a cross-section of the entire vaping population, just a cross-section of the most internet savvy vapers (us). Even vapers that can navigate the internet well, may not be posters on any forum anywhere.

Never heard of "nanny smoking". :confused:

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
I totally disagree that a ban will entice teens or young people to try e-cigs. We have kids ages 13, 16, 18 at home. They and their friends know about ecigs because my wife and I have them. But, neither they nor any or their friends (some smoke, most don't) find e-cigs interesting in the least.
I think we, as vapers, see our PVs as all-important because they are to us. How many of your friends even knew what one was until you got yours. How many people do you run into still who have never even heard of an "electronic cigarette"?
Nope, our e-cigs are way too much bother to appeal to younger people. They can go anywhere now and get anything they want. If they wanted an e-cig, they'd have one by now. A ban is only important to, or being noticed by, us.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread