Kids should not vape but flavor ban will not stop them, they'll refill cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
Flavor ban on flavored cartridges will do kids more harm than good. If a minor wants to vape, smoke cigs, drink, or other things that are against the law and harmful for them no one can stop them except the parents.

What's going to happen is kids will buy blackmarket refilled cartridges or refill their own. I've never used a juul but it took me 1 minutes on youtube to find out how to refill a empty juul cartridge.

Most cartridges can be refilled so banning them is really a joke

This ban will only push kids to worse things, that's sad.

The only reason the Feds/state/local government haVE been after vaping is "LOSS OF TAX REVENUE FROM SMOKERS QUITTING". If vaping was taxes as heavy as smoking the Gov. could care less about vape banning.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

What's going to happen is kids will buy blackmarket refilled cartridges or refill their own. I've never used a Juul but it took me 1 minutes on youtube to find out how to refill a empty Juul cartridge.

Isn't that why, if you are the FDA, you would want to Cut Off the Flow of Bottled e-Liquids and Nicotine Base?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tj99959

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Isn't that why, if you are the FDA, you would want to Cut Off the Flow of Bottled e-Liquids and Nicotine Base?

How about just enforcing existing age restrictions? It seemed to work fairly well for alchohol.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Maybe it's like BT considers it their "punishment" to only vape tobacco flavors snice the won't smoke.

It has as much logic as any of the above. And yes, since the dawn of time, at the hour of noon, the strange beast named the adolescent child stirs from his cocoon of blankets and stretches with a loud moan. He then plods downstairs eating snack cakes and drinking chocolate mike, as he plans and plots his next good felony.

Sine the dawn of time but SURE we can stop them getting flavored vapes.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Kids should not vape - No, they should not
I've said this many times: I'd rather see them vaping than smoking. If it's better for us, it's better for them too, and some of them will do one or the other.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I could get cigarettes when I was 13, I could get beer in a bar when I was 15 - that's what kids do. Ban it and they want to do it that's just the way it is.

Do I, as the father of four, believe you can stop this 100% - no I don't.

BTW mine got though the Idiot Stage, more by luck than judgement as did I - one Flight Sergeant in the RAF, two Psychiatric Nurses and one Horse Whisperer ... Oh BTW did I mention my Dad was a Prison Governor and I still had to go through that stage!

Sorry!!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I not only agree, I actually put it into practice. My 16 year old came to me said he was smoking and he wanted to vape.

I was like, "Cool if my kid is MATURE enough to confess his sins and ask for aid, who am I to deny him." I purchased his vape, told him to use it WISELY and SAFELY and if I found out otherwise, I would kill him.

Well, no black death happened, so eh. I was like, "I was a smoker for DECADES, I PRIMED him to smoke,, everyone asked him (teachers mainly) if he smoked because I did in the car, I was like, "Who am I to deny this poor kid harm reduction."

He (at 22) no longer smoker OR vapes, and I like to think the early intervention helped smoking REALLY take hold, I am PRETTY SURE it did,.

Vaping is 95% SAFER FOR EVERYONE! It does not magically becomes so at the age of 18 or 21, it's probably safer FROM THE WOMB.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread