Would you wear your e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2009
CT
Around your neck? From a beltloop? As a pin? Open or closed?
I made these ( some pics attached) Actually my sister made the beaded ones. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how you would like to wear them, and any improvements you can think of. These are just some examples. The beige one is made of a smooth cord. The multi color is a silk and ribbon thread. The blue beaded is solid, the pink/purple is two toned.
Thanks for your suggestions

bluebeaded.jpg

pinkdetail.jpg

pinkbluedetail.jpg

pink=blue detail.jpg

Last edited:

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I'd wear one - if I could find one for my minipipe. Probably not all the time, but in the summer when I'm short of pockets (and already carrying too much stuff in them,) it would be very useful (ideal for the beach!)
In fact I'd almost consider getting a cig model to fit such a wearable pouch, purely on the basis of being able to wear it conveniently on such occasions.

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
I would used the smooth cord version in a heart beat! We've needed something like this to come along! Great idea! My friends wife is getting a 401 and I'm sure she would go for the beaded necklace. Let us know when you figure out pricing. I think you'll have orders right away! Finally something to keep these things from rattling around in my pocket!

Peaches

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
I'm wearing a eyeglass silver chain around my neck to carry my silver Vapor King. Also have a black eyeglass chain for my black Vapor King. People have told me they would never guess it was an personal vaporizer that it just looked like a piece of jewelry. It's very discreet and handy also. The best is the price of anywhere from $1.00 to $3.00 at one of the Dollar Stores.

redrose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2009
CT
I have looked everywhere for pen clips!!! Do you know who sells them?? My friend Ed(right above you) has put that idea in my head and I've googled every combo I could think of. The only ones I've seen have those circles at the top, and I don't think that would work.

Some other answers:
-Any material you choose can be the open style. I like having the option of the button closure when it's not being worn around the neck, I tend to lose things.
-I will mail them anywhere if you're willing to pay the postage. It can't weigh very much.
- the price would vary depending on the material. For instance, I'm working on one now in leather. Leather and the cord are much more expensive than most yarn, but much more durable. The multi-color one is a silk and ribbon yarn. Solid cotten thread would be the least expensive. I wouldn't use a fuzzy acrylic b/c I think the liquid might "sweat"
-The beaded ones are the most labor intensive. I'd say those would have to be around $25.
-I have no idea how much to price the others until I know what material and hardware one would want . I'm open to reasonable offers till I see how it works out.

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
Around your neck? From a beltloop? As a pin? Open or closed?
I made these ( some pics attached) Actually my sister made the beaded ones. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how you would like to wear them, and any improvements you can think of. These are just some examples. The beige one is made of a smooth cord. The multi color is a silk and ribbon thread. The blue beaded is solid, the pink/purple is two toned.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Mine has been attached to a lanyard with a rubber band and worn around my neck for almost a year now. Most people just think it is a pen.

Brian

Skad

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread