The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you keep from dropping your e-cig?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by John Phoenix, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. John Phoenix

John Phoenix Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    I was thinking about something around your neck or a simple strap like they use on cameras but the neck strap is girlish to me and it can swing around. The hand camera strap you can still drop unless you wrap it around your hand but this seems cheesy too. I want something stylish and not cumbersome.

i was thinking about a leather Bracelet like something a biker would wear that has a matching hole in it the e-cig could slip into. The e-cig would be attached via a retractable cord to the bracelet, kinda like those retractable cords they use for computer mice. This would be something i would have to custom make but I think it's a cool idea if done right. Guys could wear it and it would look like a biker bracelet.

Other than my silly idea, what is out there to keep you from dropping your e-cig?

2. conneld

conneld Full Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Western NY
  3. EvilGnome6

EvilGnome6 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Chandler, AZ
  4. John Phoenix

Apr 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    I'm serious. It seems to me dropping your 100 dollar e-cig can be very bad indeed and there should be some stylish accessories to help you keep it in your hand. If not, heck perhaps I'll make a biker bracelet with retractable cord and sell the heck out of em . <grin>

5. MadHatter

MadHatter Sic itur ad astra Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2010
    Waco, Texas
    At home I use a an ID lanyard with an ID strap clip. The strap fits nicely around a 510 atty/carto. This works fine for my P10, P16, and Riva's (without the cone), but for anything heavier it might not work as well.

6. garyinco

garyinco Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2010
    CO, USA
    I wish more mod makers would include some form of a lanyard attachment. I dread dropping my Darwin every time I use it. It is so small...

7. Rosco

Rosco Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2010
    KCMO:>)
  8. hankbizzo5

hankbizzo5 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    Ct, Eastern
    I would like a skin like the otter box. But i know a lot of people here use super glue :lol:.

9. AngeLsLuv

AngeLsLuv Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    I glue mine to my mouth :)

10. JWebb

JWebb Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    St. Louis USA
    Pockets or a case, Provari can be dropped and no problem, the others like Ali'i, must be handled with care.

11. Stownz

Stownz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    Don't drop a Darwin on Concrete, just sayin....

12. Paisley

Paisley Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Florida
    Pentel mechanical pencil pocket clip (or the old pocket clip for wooden pencils), just slipe it onto the battery and clip it to your shirt. It works on M401 and should work for other models that are about the same size.

13. Hypnophone

Hypnophone Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    FEMA Region VI
    I have EGOs, and keeping them off the ground is a real PIA. Lanyards and wrist-straps seem kinda gay.
    Who wants their PV swingin' around, anyway?
    I put 'em in my pants pocket and hope that the button doesn't get pressed too much.
    It would be nice if I could keep them in my shirt pocket (like a pack of cigs).

I have some pocket-protectors from the '70s around here, maybe they will work.

14. MagnusEunson

MagnusEunson Bearded Super Villain Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    For anybody who wants to customize their mod with protection I'd also suggest sugru (welcome | sugru | Hack Things Better). I've kept this stuff with me ever since I first used it. FANTASTIC stuff for all sorts of uses you wouldn't think about until you're ~right there~. You can either use it to provide bumpers and rings, custom mold something to slide a lanyard through, etc. Cheers, -Magnus

15. John Phoenix

Apr 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    Wow, that stuff looks pretty cool! Thanks for sharing it in my thread.

edit: Er.. not that all the other answers are not cool too.. All of you have some great ideas.

P.S. I'm a big Doctor Who Freak myself.. I'm downloading today's ep now. Gotta love Amy Pond! In more ways than one...

16. JWebb

Jan 27, 2011
    St. Louis USA
    I use my pants pocket for my Reo and my eGo.

17. BiffRocko

BiffRocko Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego, CA USA
    Same. With a master on/off switch.

18. Boodle

Boodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    FABULOUS idea - an Otterbox for PVs. Loving it.
    Just dropped my GLV2 SuperMini for the first time. Luckily, no love bump. Only a matter of time though.

19. JWebb

Jan 27, 2011
    St. Louis USA
    Good idea Boodle!

20. Animeguy

Animeguy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia
    I put my box mod in pocket. If it drops and breaks, I have my spare in case in other pocket. Then when I get home I will just make another box for back up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.