How do you keep from dropping your e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnophone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
FEMA Region VI
I have EGOs, and keeping them off the ground is a real PIA. Lanyards and wrist-straps seem kinda gay.
Who wants their PV swingin' around, anyway?
I put 'em in my pants pocket and hope that the button doesn't get pressed too much.
It would be nice if I could keep them in my shirt pocket (like a pack of cigs).

I have some pocket-protectors from the '70s around here, maybe they will work.

OK then, After having the eGos fall out of my shirt pocket and almost losing one in the lake, I officially retract my lanyard statement.

...still thinking of some kinda pocket-protector rig, however.

Stricklin

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2011
Ozarks
Got a desk job so usually having my silver Bullet, and my revolution sitting proudly on my desk, Usually keep my revolution in my shirt pocket (along with a carto box filled with filled cartos), and silver bullet in my pants pocket if I'm moving around. In some cases just have them spilling out of my shirt pocket. As far as not dropping them, haven't as of yet, guard them with my life cause I spent good money on them. Would really be nice to have some kinda holder for them, but haven't seen or come up with anything, and not sure I really want to start wearing a belt.

Stricklin

sobero4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
buy a Provari, fall in love with it, and instinctively and rapidly develop an awareness of it's welfare at all times. All I carry around with me is my Provari, so I have just adapted the same philosophy for it as I have done with every iPhone I've purchased...don't drop it no matter what because I truly can't afford to fix or replace it!!! Before you know it, months go by without even a "close call."

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
Buy a Provari, fall in love with it, and instinctively and rapidly develop an awareness of it's welfare at all times. All I carry around with me is my Provari, so I have just adapted the same philosophy for it as I have done with every iPhone I've purchased...don't drop it no matter what because I truly can't afford to fix or replace it!!! Before you know it, months go by without even a "close call."

I adopted this philosophy when I bought my plastic Old Goat box mod. Luckily that would fit in my top shirt pocket. Or I would use a cell phone belt clip for it.

The Provari I no can do as to me that thing is no better than a paperweight. ( I don't like many things about them it's not just the price) But, I did just buy a LavaTube and it will be the largest PV I've owned. I don't think that's gonna fit in my shirt pocket to well. I'm gonna need some kinda custom belt clip for that.. or perhaps the kind of belt clip cops and such use for a flashlight. That coupled with my instinctive need not to drop it should do the trick.

Sanity Challenged

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kalamazoo, MI
hat.jpg

Would this work?

Trips1103

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
North Carolina
I just got a lanyard with a ring clip from Madvapes. The clip fits an eGo, and it was tight getting it on - which is a good thing. The ring clip has a clasp on it so you can easily put it on and take it off without having to take off the clip itself (which would end up scratching the battery and eventually weakening the clip itself.)

eGo Lanyard with Ring Clip

vape4-2.jpg

I only wish I had gotten this before my vacation! It's perfect if you're doing a lot of walking, or have a lot of bags you need to sort through to find things.

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
OP, I like your biker bracelet idea, for those times when I'm horseback riding, 4x4-ing, or out in the fishing boat... if I drop it, it won't go anywhere but back up to me. It will work for the larger mods, like the LT too. Go for it!

I use a leather lanyard (COV) for my eGo, and it easily tucks inside my T-shirt, staying neatly out of the way.
For my Copper Q3, I use a cell phone case that's clipped to my jean vest.
For my SB, I just tuck it in my back jean's pocket.

(not a tomboy, nor gay, just a happy old equestrian in the country).

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
Found a cheapy lanyards at the dollar store 2 for $1 string loop under the cone on my eGo.
Basically a piece of dental floss tied in a loop and placed around the battery body an pinched under the cone to keep in place.
Either drop it in my shirt pocket or inside the shirt if it doesnt have pockets to keep it from swinging around.

AmandaMarie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Modesto,CA

MissThree33

Mar 24, 2012
Seattle
I have half a mind to try and make something. My true hobby is beadweaving, embroidery and jewelry making. I've made covers for native american hand carved wood flutes, I've even made hair clubs for my not-so-fashionable long haired guy buddies. Making something attractive that fits around a 501 or 808 should be easy to cushion a blow if dropped. It could certain have an attached wrist or neck lanyard. Making something for a box mod should be super easy as well. i might give it a whirl after I get my house sold and can break out my needles and threads again. Darn looky-loos trapsing through my house all day! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread