The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you keep from dropping your e-cig?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by John Phoenix, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bdbodger

Bdbodger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

2. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    I have a lanyard for my small 510 batteries and a larger one for my eGo/Riva batteries. I clip them on my belt loop as the strap is removeable or wear around my neck.

3. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    I keep mine in a flashlight holster on my belt when it's not in my hand. How do I keep from dropping it. . .get a grip. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

4. Hypnophone

Hypnophone Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    FEMA Region VI

OK then, After having the eGos fall out of my shirt pocket and almost losing one in the lake, I officially retract my lanyard statement.

...still thinking of some kinda pocket-protector rig, however.

5. Stricklin

Stricklin Full Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2011
    Ozarks
    Got a desk job so usually having my silver Bullet, and my revolution sitting proudly on my desk, Usually keep my revolution in my shirt pocket (along with a carto box filled with filled cartos), and silver bullet in my pants pocket if I'm moving around. In some cases just have them spilling out of my shirt pocket. As far as not dropping them, haven't as of yet, guard them with my life cause I spent good money on them. Would really be nice to have some kinda holder for them, but haven't seen or come up with anything, and not sure I really want to start wearing a belt.

Stricklin

6. MickeyRat

MickeyRat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Really c'mon guys there's only one way to make sure you don't ever drop something.

Don't pick it up. :)

7. sobero4

sobero4 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2010
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Buy a Provari, fall in love with it, and instinctively and rapidly develop an awareness of it's welfare at all times. All I carry around with me is my Provari, so I have just adapted the same philosophy for it as I have done with every iPhone I've purchased...don't drop it no matter what because I truly can't afford to fix or replace it!!! Before you know it, months go by without even a "close call."

8. John Phoenix

John Phoenix Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    I adopted this philosophy when I bought my plastic Old Goat box mod. Luckily that would fit in my top shirt pocket. Or I would use a cell phone belt clip for it.

The Provari I no can do as to me that thing is no better than a paperweight. ( I don't like many things about them it's not just the price) But, I did just buy a LavaTube and it will be the largest PV I've owned. I don't think that's gonna fit in my shirt pocket to well. I'm gonna need some kinda custom belt clip for that.. or perhaps the kind of belt clip cops and such use for a flashlight. That coupled with my instinctive need not to drop it should do the trick.

9. Sanity Challenged

Sanity Challenged Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2011
    Kalamazoo, MI
  10. Trips1103

Trips1103 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2011
    North Carolina
    I just got a lanyard with a ring clip from Madvapes. The clip fits an eGo, and it was tight getting it on - which is a good thing. The ring clip has a clasp on it so you can easily put it on and take it off without having to take off the clip itself (which would end up scratching the battery and eventually weakening the clip itself.)

eGo Lanyard with Ring Clip

[​IMG]

I only wish I had gotten this before my vacation! It's perfect if you're doing a lot of walking, or have a lot of bags you need to sort through to find things.

11. Uma

Uma Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    Calif
    OP, I like your biker bracelet idea, for those times when I'm horseback riding, 4x4-ing, or out in the fishing boat... if I drop it, it won't go anywhere but back up to me. It will work for the larger mods, like the LT too. Go for it!

I use a leather lanyard (COV) for my eGo, and it easily tucks inside my T-shirt, staying neatly out of the way.
    For my Copper Q3, I use a cell phone case that's clipped to my jean vest.
    For my SB, I just tuck it in my back jean's pocket.

(not a tomboy, nor gay, just a happy old equestrian in the country).

12. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    Mine stand on end but they tip over once in a while thats ok.

13. rem700

rem700 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2011
    Mn
    Found a cheapy lanyards at the dollar store 2 for $1 string loop under the cone on my eGo.
    Basically a piece of dental floss tied in a loop and placed around the battery body an pinched under the cone to keep in place.
    Either drop it in my shirt pocket or inside the shirt if it doesnt have pockets to keep it from swinging around.

14. kidbeaster

kidbeaster Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    New Auburn, WI
    I'll use double face tape and tape it to side of my cheek. :blink:

15. AmandaMarie

AmandaMarie Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2011
    Modesto,CA
  16. Puffythegun

Puffythegun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    Georgia
  17. nansc

nansc Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2011
    New Hampshire
  18. MissThree33

MissThree33 Full Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Seattle
    I have half a mind to try and make something. My true hobby is beadweaving, embroidery and jewelry making. I've made covers for native american hand carved wood flutes, I've even made hair clubs for my not-so-fashionable long haired guy buddies. Making something attractive that fits around a 501 or 808 should be easy to cushion a blow if dropped. It could certain have an attached wrist or neck lanyard. Making something for a box mod should be super easy as well. i might give it a whirl after I get my house sold and can break out my needles and threads again. Darn looky-loos trapsing through my house all day! LOL.

19. Ramathorn937

Ramathorn937 Full Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Ohio, USA
  20. Bebe56

Bebe56 Full Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Brooklyn
    ditto :)

a flashlight holster, maybe?

41M49iXFNML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thread Status: