• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wow! Obama Proposes a 7 Year Peace Treaty???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Okay, I hate to rain on the parade, but the reference comes from Daniel 9:27. "

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

Many people expect that it will be a peace treaty (and very well could be) but it doesn't have to be. Secondly, it doesn't say that he's going to make (or sign) a new treaty but confirm a covenant that is already in place. It could be the treaty that Obama is wanting them to sign, but then it would have to be confirmed later. Or it could be the Oslo accords that were signed years ago that someone will step up and "confirm" since that has never been followed to the letter by the Palestinians. The timing of the rapture does not depend on this treaty that Obama is proposing (if you're pre-trib which I am). Pre-trib believers believe that we will be out of here before the antichrist is even revealed. And you don't need to bring out the "I told you so" sign on my account SG.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I know, that's why I"m like :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: Do you think this could be it?

I think I remember the bible mentioning a 7 year peace treaty, I don't know where I read that tho. Does anyone know for sure if the bible says a 7 year treaty or not?

I"m freaking out.........lol.

I am not well studied about all this stuff, but I did find this interesting, the excerpt is taken from this link: Revelation 6.1 8

The first four seals are all horses, each with a different color. In literature, they are called The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. To interpret one, you must use the same criteria to interpret them all. From interpreting Daniel 9:24-27, we know that the peace treaty with Israel starts the final countdown of seven years to the Lord’s return to earth. That peace treaty would necessitate someone strong enough to guarantee Israel’s safety – a strong world leader or organization. Thus the white horse is a period of false peace, the lull before the storm if you will.

Here's a couple of other interesting reads about the 7 year peace treaty in prophecy:
Bible prophecy

The 1st Seal of Revelation

And a link to a Yahoo news article, find full article here: Israel mulls US proposal on leasing Palestinian land: report - Yahoo! News
Excerpt:
JERUSALEM (AFP) – Israel is mulling a US proposal for addressing key security concerns that would entail leasing swathes of the Jordan Valley from a future Palestinian state, army radio said on Monday.

The radio quoted anonymous Israeli officials as saying Washington had suggested a seven-year lease. They said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had not rejected the idea out of hand but was looking for a far longer period. End of Excerpt

Notice that the article states that anonymous Israeli officials are saying that Washington suggested it. I can't seem to find any news reports that clarify any truth to that.....so who knows?.....Things that make you go hmmm.....

Thanks for posting Lisa :)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I am not well studied about all this stuff, but I did find this interesting......

Me neither! I don't know much/anything about this stuff either, that's why I'm digging. When I saw a 7 year peace treaty, I almost lost my balance and fell over. I was shocked because the little bit that I do know, talks about this week long peace (which is one day for a year), and then God comes quickly after that.

Also, to me, if this is true, it will show me proof that God was talking about literal Israel and not spiritual Israel, which I've been looking for confirmation of one way or another.

But, this could mean the start of the 7 year great tribulation this year!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!! See, I'm not exactly a pre-tribulation believer, I'm leaning twords mid or post, so the rapture doesn't have to happen first as far as I'm concerned, and probably won't. Of course I could be wrong, my beliefs are not set in stone either way about the time of the rapture, but I keep on watching for the signs so that I might be aware of what's going on to give me clues as to where we are in the time line of things.

I just don't know, so I let God reveal things to me as He sees fit. I really think this is the right way to do it because we are the students and He is the teacher and I never want to get bogged down by my own understanding which very well might be incorrect. So, staying flexible as far as time lines and things like that is probably the best way because none of us know for sure when these things are going to happen, we just watch, listen, and discern as best we can. :)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Okay, I hate to rain on the parade, but the reference comes from Daniel 9:27. "

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

Many people expect that it will be a peace treaty (and very well could be) but it doesn't have to be. Secondly, it doesn't say that he's going to make (or sign) a new treaty but confirm a covenant that is already in place. It could be the treaty that Obama is wanting them to sign, but then it would have to be confirmed later. Or it could be the Oslo accords that were signed years ago that someone will step up and "confirm" since that has never been followed to the letter by the Palestinians. The timing of the rapture does not depend on this treaty that Obama is proposing (if you're pre-trib which I am). Pre-trib believers believe that we will be out of here before the antichrist is even revealed. And you don't need to bring out the "I told you so" sign on my account SG.

But, this could mean the start of the 7 year great tribulation this year!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!

See above post.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I just don't know, so I let God reveal things to me as He sees fit. I really think this is the right way to do it because we are the students and He is the teacher and I never want to get bogged down by my own understanding which very well might be incorrect. So, staying flexible as far as time lines and things like that is probably the best way because none of us know for sure when these things are going to happen, we just watch, listen, and discern as best we can. :)

This is my understanding & position as well Lisa... :)

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
testing......testing

testing

toldyouso.jpg

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Yep, it COULD be it, but I don't think so. Look who proposed it......an anti-Israel person. I KNOW Netanyahu isn't that dumb. He is a brilliant man, and it's reported that he is 'mulling' it around. That doesn't sound very promising to me. There is, and I know it shocks everyone, a chance I'm wrong, and if I am, I will apologize. Otherwise, I'll join SG with an 'I told you so!':laugh::laugh:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I belive it is a treaty that will be signed and after 7 years it will be broken. So I don't think it will be signed as a 7 year treaty

My theory is it will be signed and then there will be (maybe?) three and 1/2 years of peace...

(This is a VERY humble theory as I'm no prophesy scholar!) :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread