Not open for further replies.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I've just ordered a litre of this stuff ("pH Down"):

http://www.growell.co.uk/p/0130/pH-Up-and-Down.html

It seems to be the strongest phosphoric acid solution available in a consumer product here (and easier to find than ice machine cleaner,) so fingers crossed!
I'll post my findings when I've had a chance to play with it.

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
Good find, easier to get delivered than the 85% stuff I had to order
direct from a chemical supplier.

Not so much joy with this myself for really gunked coils, it only seems to
clean the surface as the liquid turns reddish brown, then leaves the rest behind
(even even with a 2 week soak), others have had better results (e.g. SunV).

I actually think I observed that lower concentrations the 80+% may work better/quicker,
e.g 25 to 50% or so.

Powdered phosphoric acid ?, that's a clever trick ;)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I've just ordered a litre of this stuff ("pH Down"):

http://www.growell.co.uk/p/0130/pH-Up-and-Down.html

It seems to be the strongest phosphoric acid solution available in a consumer product here (and easier to find than ice machine cleaner,) so fingers crossed!
I'll post my findings when I've had a chance to play with it.

Nick--please be sure to read the warnings about this product and heed to the warnings:

Dilution​
All of the above products are sold in highly concentrated solutions to make them extremely cost effective
for the end user. however, we STRONGLY recommend the grower to dilute these solutions before use.​
1.​
Diluted solutions are safer to handle.

2.​
Diluted solutions are easier to use - more is needed, so dosing is less critical (less chance of
mistakes)

Personal Protection​
Safety glasses, rubber or plastic gloves. Always work in a suitably ventilated area. Goggles are essential for
eye safety when handling aggressive liquids.​
General First Aid Measures​
Eyes: Get medical aid immediately. Do not allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive
irrigation (eye baths)is required (at least 30 minutes).
Skin: Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15
minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clthing before re-use
Ingestion: Never give anything by mouth to anunconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do
not induce vomiting. Allow the victim to rinse hish mouth and then to drink 2-4 cups of
water before seeking medical advice.
Inhalation: Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure area to fresh air immediately. If​
breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth to mouth respiration.

try muriatic acid? they sell it at home improvement stores.

Blue--Muriatic Acid is out on this Foum so please do not use it!!!--Please think saftey everyone!!!--Thanks Sun

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Anyone have a problem with a lingering taste after using the ice machine cleaner? I have tried it on one of my atomizers, yet now I can't get this horrible taste off of it!

that's the trouble ....even if we find a cleaner that works ....we will need a surefire way of cleaning it out afterwards.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Guys, do me a favor. Please write a will and leave me all of your unused juice and batteries after you kill yourself. If you only have one atomizer go out and spend another $10.00. Stick with the simple stuff to clean them and they will last. Water works pretty darn well if you clean them once a week. Heck I have 4081 atomizer that is over 2 months old and is used daily. I would hate to read in the news that some member killed himself sucking on Muratic Acid.

JuicedFlavors-Keith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
that's the trouble ....even if we find a cleaner that works ....we will need a surefire way of cleaning it out afterwards.

I'm guessing with the amount of chatter about the ice machine stuff there is some manner in which to clean it off, am I incorrect? I flushed it with water several times to no avail, help!

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I have a pretty simple question...about how long does it take to form this crap to the point it takes drastic measures to remove it? If there is an interval that I could clean this out by just using water how often should I do so? Does it actually need to be boiling or is hot tap water enough?

My experience with 'all' my coils is that the gunk has built up quite badly after vaping no more than four mills of juice, which is less than two days vaping for me....and so far it doesn't seem to make much difference what brand of juice or flavour I use...... ......I have yet to find 'any' cleaning method that will actually get that hardened gunk off once it has formed although sometimes any method of cleaning I have tried might cause some little bits of it to break off.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I'm guessing with the amount of chatter about the ice machine stuff there is some manner in which to clean it off, am I incorrect? I flushed it with water several times to no avail, help!

Try boiling it for a while in slightly soapy water and then rinse it out for quite a while as well....then also dry it out thoroughly. But quite seriously no one here is advocating that anyone uses Ice machine cleaner as a way to clean an atomizer.....if you do it, you really are doing it at your own risk .....and it is risky because it is so hard to clean out any trace of the chemical from an atomizer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread