YIHI SX550J G Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
It won't happen if I'm sitting in one place, but as soon as I'm in my car with a/c it screws it all up, especially I've noticed if it's hot w/ a/c on or cold w/ heat on it starts acting up... but that's unavoidable bc I'm always running all over for work and going in/outside all the time.

Gotta say though, this cheap little evic with ArcticFox just works, all the time no matter where I am.
Well, the UI, despite vast improvements over previous Yihi chips, is still awkward and cumbersome. The BT is a flaky, beta app and all the promised customizations are still vaporware.

That being said, I think the G Class is probably the best overall mod out there. Due to the hardware. If you take some time to learn the Yihi way and understand how this chip and how the firm/software operate then I think you'll find the TC absolutely rock solid. It'll track you whisper your vape. It can ramp up high voltage amps effortlessly on near dead batteries. This mod is a precision work horse. Only mod I use anymore. Love or hate I suppose...

But that's why I use it. Once I'm setup for a build I don't have to adjust anything, no power twiddling, no temp adjusts, nada. I only need the fire button to unlock and vape. That's it and it's prefect as my wicking allows. Vape 'em dry to the bone.

Also btw, with some setup effort, using the SXi-Q software you can configure any power or temp curves you want; or even both together at the same time for those truly custom preheats on complex builds. Want that mech punch and smooth fade in power mode? Just draw out the graph you want and store it in one of 5 memories for one in 5 coil config/profiles.

There's quite a lot this mod can do that gets overlooked because of Yihi's convoluted software. At last they have been making releases and it is improving. So hopefully they can beef up the UI and usability. This chip is capable of performing any software "feature" of anything out there.

To each their own...

littlewierdo

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX - USA
There is, for people who are intellectually honest, problems with both yihi and evolv.

The issue lies in that there are people who are such fanboys of a product that they can't even admit there might be issues others have with a product. Maybe these issues are no big deal to one user, but having some empathy for things that annoy another user would go a long way towards getting things fixed.

I will give you an example on both sides of the spectrum.

Yihi and their rattlesnake issue in Tc mode. No big deal to me. It is an issue for many, not for me.

Evolv not including feature set on the boards until recently. The insane amount of button combinations required to remember was out of control. This was also not a huge deal to me.

Both are issues that bothered some, not myself. However, I have some empathy for those on a Mac unable to use escribe. I have some empathy for those that thing the tank making noise sounds like finger nails on a chalk board. I will not defend a mod blindly because I believe it is perfect, God's gift to humanity, the perfect holy grail, etc as some have done in this very thread.

Every person's experience is different. Every person's preferences are different. What bothers me may not bother you and vice versa.

I cant stand the ui of the g class. For a few others here, it's no big deal. If someone decides to effectively talk down to me and treat me like I'm an idiot, demean me, etc, that is what I think is the issue.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
GetImage.ashx

It is a real beauty! Bluetooth confirmed and $200 at Vapin Art, can't say no to the mini!

4SX_Mini.jpg

Maybe its just me then? I hate this thing, looks like a cheapo mod, more ipv than yihi.
$160 at Vapin Art

GetImage.ashx

Surely these are prototypes? the fit & finish doesn't look great, again the screen looks like they pinched it from an ipv.
G Class $240 at Vapin Art

SX_Mini_new_big_screen_ss.jpg

I love the screen, as above looks like a prototype, interested in seeing the finished product!
G+ $300 at Vapin Art

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Not good for folks in the USA I don't think..... Today is August 8, 2016..... FDA Demming Reg's..... yuck....
I thought the TPD was bad in the uk but it seems the government in the USA are even more corrupt than ours! Pharma and big tobacco are really pulling the strings behind the scenes.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
these new yihi mods will be available, legally, here in the U.S. all yihi had to do is make one of each model, sell it in the US and have that one sale documented. good to go. actually i think just an open preorder before aug 8th was all that was needed for US vendors. either way, they're coming and the black or burgundy leather ones will suit me just fine. really sweet looking mod. i have all dna devices so i'm very eager to try this board.

Last edited:
no doubt I like the DNA chip, but you really need to know what you're doing, especially if the mod manufacturer didn't program in the basic parameters. And even then, manufacturing variances can result in small inconsistencies in internal resistance, which will affect TC performance.

plus, all of my computers are Macs, so I have to have a dedicated Windows laptop to adjust something as simple as preheat, which is annoying as hell. I'd like the DNA 200 more if it could be controlled from my phone, but it is really a matter of convenience/laziness. With a new build, you vape it connected to a computer, adjust settings, then save. However, preheat specifically is a parameter that is nice to be able to adjust away from a computer, as my coils tend to ask for more preheat as they progressively gunk up.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
@HandsomeStan I have 2 questions:
- you mentioned you had to shop for beauty rings for smaller atties...it didn't come with one?
- could you perhaps post a picture with a black tank, I'm curious how it would look on the Carbon version.....
Yeah still on the hunt for a decent 30mm-22mm that doesn't have any "bling" on it, it doesn't come with a beauty ring although Yihi are going to be selling a 30mm-25mm but it's not to my taste.
I only have the Griffin 25 in black, hope this is helpful?
2017-01-25 17.07.59.jpg

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Could it be because the clock needs to keep time even when the device is shut off so it's never completely turned off???? Sounds like another update is needed so add this to the long list of things needing updated...
I think you assume too much. Device works great. Sure, there will be problems with any device that's mass produced. Flawless for me. I'm in no hurry to get software as there isn't any problems from my perspective. When it comes, I'll check it out. Until then, I'm enjoying a great vape.

The description for the app says "Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."

It is listed under "Medical" in iTunes APP STORE....

View attachment 633001
Well technically it's compatible, your able to use it on any IOS device running 8.0 or later. I'm able to use it on my iPad Pro but the screen isn't formatted for its size.
Could it be because the clock needs to keep time even when the device is shut off so it's never completely turned off???? Sounds like another update is needed so add this to the long list of things needing updated...
Theres a micro cell button battery inside device for internal clock memory.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
update on my situation:

I tested the device for 2 days now with the bleutooth set to "off" and the problem hasn't reappeared. So I'm fairly certain it is related to the bleutooth.
I got a response from Yihi, and they are also leaning towards the bleutooth to be the issue. They don't neccesarily see this as a fault (?) but did offer to replace it, while I don't agree that this isn't a problem I appreciate that they are willing to replace it.
For now I have decided to keep a good look on the device to see if the problem really went away, and if so I'll just keep it.
I've been thinking about your problem. If you turn Bluetooth back on and your screen stays dimly lit and drains your batteries, that to me is a problem. It could be just yours or that the G needs an update. If someone else that has one would be willing to turn their Bluetooth on, you could see if it's just yours or everyone's. If it was just mine, I would get it replaced. Just a thought. Something doesn't sound quite right and it would bother me until I found out one way or the other.

PS Since it not a cheap device, I would probably just get it replaced unless I knew for a fact all of them exhibited this behavior and it was going to be addressed in a firmware update. :toast:

Cheers,
Steve

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
When I saw the carbon fiber and leather models at the ECC show both my friend and I preferred the leather. One of the reasons is because of the bare metal on the leather versions, no paint to chip off.

I would really like it if they came out with an all stainless steel version, just not the spider man design. I hate it when paint starts chipping and for a $220 mod that is unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Long, Informational, sometimes painful (needed Anti-Fan-Boy "whine-bagger" self-important Curmudgeon filter equipped Goggles at times ;)), but always Entertaining, Educational, and Enlightening Thread/Read.
After all read, said, and done,,,, come to the no-brainer conclusion: gonna have to get me one of these in the near future.
Sounds like a typical YiHi Device Rollout ie. the SX Mini awhile back. Great overall Device, lotsa new "spins", "improvements", enhancements, departures, etc. from standard Fare, Joules Concept was polarizing (some likey-some hatey-some no biggey), the Finish was hit-n-miss for some, the SW/FW had it's shortcomings and a few glitches that were eventually worked out satisfactorily in subsequent FW Updates. By the sound and read of this Thread, it would appear this is along those same lines and routines.
oh BTW, they absolutely DO pay attention to a few main Threads here on ECF dealing with their new Products through the Roll-out and subsequent "testing" by the esteemed Member here. That goes even a tad deeper but not gonna divulge all the double-secret Intel :2cool:
They do seem to like to use the initial batch of Owners as sort of a large Beta-Test Focus Group in some ways but then again,,, that is a well-known possibility/fact with YiHi. Oh well and No Big Deal (IMO). They ain't holding a gun to nobody's head to buy one nor are they denying or trying to cover-up and/or squelch any honest testimony from actual Owners/Users.
Then again, I'm a Realist. Ain't nothing in Vape Gear EVER gonna suit me or my needs/wants/desires 100% to a T. Progress NOT Perfection my Fellows. To expect anything more is less than,,, "smart" :cool:
All things weighed Objectively, Honestly, Logically, Reasonably, Rationally, and "Cobb-lessly" :laugh:,,, this looks to be a much better than average Device with awesome immediate potential as well as quite unique in Design, Ergonomics, Function, Feel, and Aesthetics.
I like it and I'ma gonna get me one.
Your Opinion and Mileage may vary.
And,,, that's cool too :thumbs:
But I don't care or give a :shock: cause I'm gonna get one so :pervy: to you.
:D

P.s. Seriously though, a valuable read across the board and thanks to all who contributed to this point.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Absolutely love this mod. did my testing of it this past weekend and it's results are impressive!
go ahead and rub salt in the wound, but I am still going to wait on the brown leather. 3 months today since ordering. but they say good things come to those that wait. I don't know who they are though.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Just got my G about an hour ago. Thanks to reading about it and having a chance to try it at a show the learning curve was not too bad for me.

752cf658212b3279619b0eeb737d7e08.jpg

Did have one slight hiccup. Was vaping all happy in TC for about 30 minutes. Then it kept saying no liquid, tank was nearly full. The TC was kicking in all of a sudden so I unscrewed the tank then screwed it back on and now it is fine. I did read the resistance on the cool tank beforehand so it wasn't that, it was just odd.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
After over a month of heavy usage, its finish is holding up well. It's like it was made for an Aromamizer Plus...a least in 5ml mode. My only gripe is the battery door. I have nothing but contempt for that battery door lol. I honestly (and I messaged them about it) wish they had gone with a door similar to the Minikin v2 Kondama or one that latches once depressed fully with a clasp or some other type of sliding lock. It's not terrible, and the spring pressure is quite aggressive, but for anyone with a leaky RDTA on top, you'd have to remove it before installing batteries (unless you have strong fingers and excellent dexterity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread