Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
The fire button takes a little getting use to. At first I was using my index finger but then my other fingers tend to get close or touch the screen leading me to clean it off. I now fire with my thumb, I don't have a problem with it but it is a little akward when your use to other mods.

Never really notice the light up logo unless I am in the dark, usually my palm is covering up anyway. Would be nice if they offered an option to turn it off. It is probably not possible but if there was a way to change the color that would be slick.

You do have to push back the latch to close then push it in to lock it. It would be nice if you could just swing it shut and the latch would retract and lock on it's own.
Getting batteries in and out is a breaze compared to other mods though. My Finder 167 and Triade dna 250 have those damn raised sections around the positive terminal to protect against reverse polarity. There is always one battery that is a pain to get in and out so you don't rip the wrap on your battery. Really dumb too since the DNA250 has reverse battery protection so those stupid things aren't needed anymore.

All in all it is a great mod though

Thanks! Mine will arrive Monday.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Agree about the app. I downloaded the beta for Android (I use a pixel XL) and it connects and functions just fine but wish it had like software buttons at both ends of each slider for fine tune adjustments. Congrats on the acquisition it is a very nice mod.

Rumor has it (at least in the iApp) if the number value is tapped on then a simple number entry editor pops up. Dono if it is in the Android app and I missed it in the iApp.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    Ok I have to fess up, after waiting for the brown leather and seeing the black leather I changed my order to the carbon fiber. It is now in my hands, this thing is nice. I have felt it up like a prom date and there are no sharp edges it just really feels nice. having a m and a q I am fairly familiar with sx minis but there is somewhat of a learning curve to this beast but I love it.

You gave up too soon. Varitube has brown in stock now. After a 3 month wait mine is finally on it's way to me. :thumbs:

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2014
    Frankston Tx.
    You gave up too soon. Varitube has brown in stock now. After a 3 month wait mine is finally on it's way to me. :thumbs:
    I may have given up to soon but after looking at the black leather I really didn't like the looks. If I like the brown leather I might be able to con the wife into the brown. I hope you like it as much as I do. Love this thing.

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2015
    currently, Earth
    The M class is not as capable as the 350J V2 and later mods. The board went from 12 to 16 bit ADC which is 16x higher resolution. Also likely why they never added SS mode directly, as it's not quite accurate enough.

Yihi samples at 48kHz - I believe Joyetech RX is 12 bit 1kHz for comparison. (768x less data)

The later boards can hang with any DNA imho. Haven't seen any published specs for their data acquisition but read somewhere it was a 1kHz sampling rate. Anybody know?

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    Here's a photo of every color:
    17855562_1238603226188981_7485974368498861716_o.jpg

Then it looks like Boxer is bringing a G class to market the uses 20700 batteries.

mjag

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2014
    United States
    Has this device been a bit of a damp squib, never see it mentioned anywhere other than here, certainly nothing or very little on UK forums..
    It is definitely a show off mod, walk into a vape shop and stand back, the reaction is huge. It works great though, do I wish it had a FSK chip in it......yeah I do but that doesn't take away from my enjoyment of it.

It is the most money I have spent on a mod but it is the most comfortable to hold compared to my Triade DNA250 and Finder DNA 167. It is also a lot sexier than my Hohmtech G2 and Slice which are my favorite performance mods. I was worried when I ordered it but that went away when I began to use it, great all around mod and worth the money.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

mjag

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2014
    United States
    With all this talk of the UI being wonky and some hate for the joystick I guess it is all preference. Personally I find the joystick a welcome change from my 3 other Yihi chipped mods.

For everyday vaping I can make all my changes using the joystick and hardly ever have to 5 click the power button to get into the menu. Is it different. ...yeah but now if I use my Boxer with the older Yihi chip in it it is cumbersome compared to the G's joystick. I hate having to cycle through the menu now to change my temp then clicking the fire button to exit the menu and hope I don't pass by it and have to cycle through again. With the joystick I just press it until the temp is highlighted and adjust from there. If I want to switch from TC to power mode I just click the joystick until joules changes to watts, easy peasy.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

access0denied

ECF Veteran
    Oct 9, 2015
    I could talk all day about this mod. Mostly good things. But, I won't. I will say that I have no problems with TC. SS316L, single coil, around .60 ohms. Around 30 Joules, 440F. I only have slight burning on the outside of the coil after a few days of vaping. I get the coil gunking up, and need to dry burn. Wick itself seems fine. TC was just as good as my DNA75 device, if not better. Much better than my two other devices that I've used for TC.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    yihi G UI and functionality is like playschool compared to DNA, IMO.

every single main vape function on the G works with clicking the joystick to cycle, what could be easier? no multi button combo for res lock, just click joystick. This is the easiest mod I have ever used in my life, and sometimes I wonder if people complain about it cause it's expensive so they try to find more fault with it.

you only need to go into the menu to set up bluetooth and wallpapers and a few other things that are entirely optional. Everything else is a joystick click away on the main page. Wire/temp/joules/watts mode/pre heat ramp up profile choice/memory selection/brightness.. so so easy. I wish i had 10 of these tbh, one with each of my different tanks.. response in watts mode at 170 watts feels faster than dna to me, tc mode about equal.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Yeah i do the cotton burn test when I get new wire to find out the TCR and it works fine as long as I stay in the same room.

When you lock in the resistance on a YiHi the target (at temperature) resistance does not change. Nor does the cold resistance. On YiHi's the resistance read and "lock" are all the same function. Once a resistance is locked in it will use THAT as the cold baseline no matter how many or which tanks you have mounted/unmounted (or what resistance they are). I regularly go in/outside between cold/hot and not have any issues.

What you are describing is how DNA's work.

It sounds like you ether have a very faulty "G" or a tank with very intermittent resistance.

mjag

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2014
    United States
    Refuses to read somebody else's long post, then posts a novel seconds later... good riddance, I'm not trained in psychotherapy.

I wish there had been something other than glowing reviews in this thread when I bought mine, it doesn't help anyone. knowing what I know now I probably wouldn't have bought it.

It is good to have opposing opinions so people can make an informed choice. That said maybe there wasn't too many critical reviews because not many had the same troubles you have had.

It definitely sounds like you got a defective device, sorry but I did not get the same.

Please realize that not everyone has the same experience, just because it happened to you does not mean we are all effed.

You have made your point clear, please drop it now, is that too much to ask?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ccwaters

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 31, 2013
    Minnesota USA
    SXmini G Class V6.600 Upgrade features:

1) Added Wallpaper Customized icon at V2.8.2.9 SXi Setting page, which supports SXmini G Class wallpaper to be customized.

2) Added sport car instrument pane wallpaper(Wallpaper 2) , under S1-S5 mode, it is deep blue; if under Eco, Soft and Standard modes, it turns to light blue; if under powerful and powerful+, it turns to red.

3) Add new clock interface when locked screen, total 3 clock interface now.

4) Improved the unlocked method, show a lock icon when click fire button three times, push down the joystick then unlocked.

5) Support wallpaper customized with APP through Bluetooth. (Only support ios currently)

6) Support font colors selection at fire interface except Wallpaper 1 or 2, upward joystick 5 seconds to select color.

7) Fixed 5.500 charging bug.

8) Fixed the bug that could do part operation when device turn off.

9) Fixed the bug that automatically raised the amount of joule.

10) Fixed the bug where resistance trimming can not quickly reduce resistance.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    The I class seems like a good deal. It's the cheapest mod YIHI has offered so far. It will probably kill off the ML class. On the G+ I can see why the added the spider web. They probably added it for grip. A smooth finish would be to slippery. I'm hoping they come out with other designs that adds grip as I'm not too fond of the spider web.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2016
    Fantasy Island

dannyben

ECF Veteran
    Dec 12, 2014
    USA
    you already linked to one page, there was 1 in stock, now it states coming soon, vapin art and some other site I can't remember did the same.

From what I understand of the FDA rules, there only needed to be 1 single unit available on the market (anywhere) prior to the 8th for it to qualify as an existing product and then can continue to be sold for the next 2-3 years. Glad to see Boxer got their unit in too (picture from their FB). Choices are good.

2m30l8z.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread