Status
Not open for further replies.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
IMG_3257.jpg

Got mine in today. Interesting concept...they joystick is going to take some getting used to. I like the soft touch carbon fiber. I ordered a plastic screen protector as I only have tempered glass ones lol. Just waiting on a gunmetal Aromamizer Plus to hurry up and get here, though my Calypso matched it nicely.

Noticed another thing that needs added to the list of things that need updated:

The main screen of the SXI app for iOS is laid out well on the Iphone and shows 5 colored large icons. Icons are labeled as Connection, Upgrade, Settings, Information, and Reset.

This iOS SXI app when downloaded on an iPad gives the same main screen but it shows larger icons and the larger icon for Information overlaps with the label (words) for the Connection icon such that you cannot read the word "Connection". The Reset icon also overlaps the Upgrade icon wording but because of the transparent color of the Reset icon you can read "Upgrade" thru it but still needs to be corrected.
The app was formatted and made for iPhone screen, I'm sure we'll see the app formatted for iPad screens. But who knows whats going to happen with Apple not supporting any apps that involve vaping, etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyperspace

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
The app was formatted and made for iPhone screen, I'm sure we'll see the app formatted for iPad screens. But who knows whats going to happen with Apple not supporting any apps that involve vaping, etc...

The description for the app says "Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."

It is listed under "Medical" in iTunes APP STORE....

Untitled.png

Last edited:

zaha

Sep 23, 2009
Dumb question time, most of my devices aren't this fancy. I'm trying to use an SS temp control build and keep getting a 'No liquid' message and the device does not fire at all. Ohms display as 0.00. Material is set to ss316 and I'm trying in the temp display and joules display.

I've tried three attys with the same result. They work fine on other devices in TC mode though, and they all work fine in wattage mode on the G class.

I'm stumped, any ideas?

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Dumb question time, most of my devices aren't this fancy. I'm trying to use an SS temp control build and keep getting a 'No liquid' message and the device does not fire at all. Ohms display as 0.00. Material is set to ss316 and I'm trying in the temp display and joules display.

I've tried three attys with the same result. They work fine on other devices in TC mode though, and they all work fine in wattage mode on the G class.

I'm stumped, any ideas?
did you set the resistance

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Nope, my other devices just read the resistance when connected so I didn't think a step was needed there. Told you it was a dumb question.

I found out how to set the resistance with the M class, I'll see if I can find what buttons that is on the G here. Thanks!
I believe you push the joy stick down and hold it

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Nope, my other devices just read the resistance when connected so I didn't think a step was needed there. Told you it was a dumb question.

I found out how to set the resistance with the M class, I'll see if I can find what buttons that is on the G here. Thanks!
you might look at the ramp up time and make sure you are not in one of the sxi settings if you have not set those up it will mess with you at least on my sx q it does. put it to standard. I told you ealier to push the joy stick down. I should clarify that meaning in and hold till it reads then hit the fire button.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I got an issue with my g class:

I didn't use it for 2 days and my batteries where drained to 1.5 volt! (I did turn it off), stuck the battery in the loader and after 2 minutes they showed 2V something, don't trust the batteries anymore, so I ditched them.

I noticed when I turn off my G class the screen stays on dimmly (second picture is when it is turned off)....could be the cause off the battery drain.....
some pictures:

Anyone else got silimar problems?
I'm thinking to contact the supplier,as this doesn't seem good.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I go tan isue with my g claass:

I didn't use it for 2 days and my batteries where drained to 1.5 vlot! (I did turn it off), stuck the batterie in the loader and fter 2 minutes they showed 2V, don't trust the battiers anymore, so I ditched them.

I noticed when I turn off my G class the screen stys on dimmly....could be the couase off the battery drain.....
some pictures:

I'm thinking to contact the upplier,as this doesn't seem good.
I would definitely contact the place I bought it from. Draining your batteries under 2.5v-3v should never happen in a regulated mod.

Cheers,
Steve

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Could it be because the clock needs to keep time even when the device is shut off so it's never completely turned off???? Sounds like another update is needed so add this to the long list of things needing updated...
I think you assume too much. Device works great. Sure, there will be problems with any device that's mass produced. Flawless for me. I'm in no hurry to get software as there isn't any problems from my perspective. When it comes, I'll check it out. Until then, I'm enjoying a great vape.

Fishtec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
England
I got an issue with my g class:

I didn't use it for 2 days and my batteries where drained to 1.5 volt! (I did turn it off), stuck the battery in the loader and after 2 minutes they showed 2V something, don't trust the batteries anymore, so I ditched them.

I noticed when I turn off my G class the screen stays on dimmly (second picture is when it is turned off)....could be the cause off the battery drain.....
some pictures:

I'm thinking to contact the supplier,as this doesn't seem good.

It definitely shouldn't be doing that, I'd try leaving the barriers out for a couple of hours to see if it will reset it and go away. If not I'd strongly consider taking it back.

Reactions: HandsomeStan
The description for the app says "Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."

It is listed under "Medical" in iTunes APP STORE....

View attachment 633001
Well technically it's compatible, your able to use it on any IOS device running 8.0 or later. I'm able to use it on my iPad Pro but the screen isn't formatted for its size.
Could it be because the clock needs to keep time even when the device is shut off so it's never completely turned off???? Sounds like another update is needed so add this to the long list of things needing updated...
Theres a micro cell button battery inside device for internal clock memory.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Draining batteries when shut off and not being used for 2 days is a flaw so I'm not assuming too much... It shouldn't happen.... If you think this classifies as flawless then you expect too little of a device that costs over 200 bucks I think.... and what about the SX-Pure technology that was designed in to several devices and no Pure ever has come out... flawless????? get real.... I'm not bashing Yihi but just saying facts we all know but some don't want mentioned...
Flawless....for me. Mine doesn't drain batteries, so why do you assume they all do? Nm, have to consider who I'm arguing with...moving on, sorry all.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
get real.... I'm not bashing Yihi but just saying facts we all know but some don't want mentioned...
:lol: haha you couldn't make that up, that's all you have ever done on every single Yihi thread, you must spend hours trying to pick holes in mods you have no intention of ever owning. :thumbs:

@drugarth Mine doesn't drain the batteries bud and the screen doesn't stay on, I haven't seen anyone else with that issue so it must be a faulty unit, I'd get it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread