• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

York meet up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Please copy and respond to each date with available or not and what times are best. I was thinking like 7PM till Whenever everyone is ready to head home...

Friday April 22nd (Easter Weekend):
Friday April 29th:
Saturday April 30th:

Awesome, I just moved to York, and I'm less than 3 blocks away from Cobblestones- I can walk there!

Any of those 3 days should be good for me!

It was brought to my attention that I should have announced that a friend and I are in the process of trying to open a vape shop in York since I am also trying to get this meetup together. I am not using this as a platform to promote a business that is still in the beginning stages. This idea did not come forth till Good Prophets announced they are closing their store and just taking online sales. This idea would have also been stopped if we knew bluemist was relocating to York. We are trying to not step on toes with this, and I am very sorry if we do. That is not our intention at all. We did not want to go public with this until we were ready to open up, but I just did not want anyone getting the wrong idea of why I am trying to do this meetup. My reason for this meetup is because there is not one presently happening in our area. There were talks of a Lancaster/Reading meetup but to my knowledge it looks like that kind of faded away. I feel we need somewhere to get together and have a good time with fellow vapers, and that is why I began to try to put this meetup together. I am sorry if anyone feels offended that I did not come out with the business idea as soon as we began to move forward, but as I said we did not want to go public before we were ready. If anyone does shoot me a PM and ..... me out and a beer is on me at the meetup. I just thought I should put that out there since it was brought to my attention. Anyway I can't wait to meet you all at the meetup.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
No biggie, felt. I didn't know GP was closing, but then again, I haven't been on here really except to check this thread. I really just plan on bringing the last of the vaping stuff I had and giving it away and trying some zero nic if anyone had any.

Easter is fine with me. I don't do anything special, either.

TNT, why can't you make it?

Awesome, I just moved to York, and I'm less than 3 blocks away from Cobblestones- I can walk there!

Any of those 3 days should be good for me!

Awesome! I remember I met you at the first Vapefest!

Last edited:
Ok it is official. The meetup will be on Saturday April 30th from 8pm til ??? We will be meeting at Cobblestones in York, PA. There is parking at the bank next to Cobblestones. If you are unfamiliar with the area please contact me and I will be more than happy to help.

Cobblestones is located at
205 South George Street,
York, PA 17401-5501

http://www.cobblestonesyork.com/

We will have a semi private area on the balcony with some banquet tables. I believe a server will be dedicated to us for the evening so if everyone can chip in atleast $5 to leave them a nice tip it would be appreciated but not necessary. I just need an official headcount since I was asked to make a reservation. If you could email me at vapeyork@gmail.com with your headcount including any friends that will be joining you, it would be appreciated so I do not have to sift through the thread to get an official number. I will be making the reservation Monday the 18th so please get back ASAP. If you miss the cutoff you are still welcome, just trying to make it easier on cobblestones since they were nice enough to let us in.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Good idea to mention the tip- big groups tend to be some work for the serving staff, and sometimes they get really screwed over spending all their time in one place and missing out on other tips.

Also, don't forget to bring your gear and anything you want to share around. Many meetups also have folks bringing their old juice that they don't want anymore to pass along to others who might like it better. I'll be bringing some free samples for people too.

Who knows, maybe we'll catch some "wild vapers" or convert some smokers!

That sucks Lox. We should hopefully start doing this monthly or bi monthly. Depends on what everyone wants to do.

I have a ton an a half of juice to bring along an move to a better home. I'm sure my fiancé would be ecstatic if I got rid of at least half my stash.

Haven't received any RSVPs but assuming red, judge and rae. So that's a total of 4 confirmations. I have 2 or 3 maybes from work but if any of you are bringing someone or 20 someone's please let me know. I don't want cobblestones to go all out for us with so few. Anyway let me know ASAP

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Aw, wish I could see ya again lox!

I RSVP'd, mkay???? :) My husband's running a relay race that weekend from Gettysburg down to DC, but he should be done that night, I think. He vapes a little bit.

Man, I gotta charge all my batteries and stuff again. I haven't done that for a long time or even looked at the stash I have left!

Red got your RSVP, as well Triage. Is anyone opposed to calling ourselves "The White Rose Vapers"?
I know I mentioned it before but when talking to the owner he asked what our group was called an I was just like uhhhhhhh. So if anyone is in opposition speak up. I'll throw a Facebook page together and might throw a webpage together on my hosting.

I'm going to hold off on the reservation till next Monday have not received much of an official response.

Rob. I was listening to VaporCast today from VapeFest and heard about the Horrid crab juice. Think you could being a sample along to the meet? I must try this. Have you found a way to get some old bay on them?

Hope everyone had a great easter. I will be putting our reservation in tomorrow. Right now I'm guessing about 8-10 of us so this should be a nice little gathering Saturday. I'll give some more details after I make the reservation as to who to ask for and such. Anyway hope everyone is doing good and look forward to meeting everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread