Youde Goblin Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
For mouth inhale I suggest 100% closed. Even if fully closed it doesn’t seal the air entrance.

If you are not a lung inhale vaper, you’ll notice that GM isn’t a native mouth inhale atty.

Even with a different drip and the airholes closed it remains a little bit more “airy” than needed.

You might have a defective one or maybe you removed the airflow adjustment lever and did not reposition it correctly. When I close my airflow completely (100%), there is no airflow at all as expected.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Nice review petra, thanks! I see there is some disagreement regarding the airflow adjustment. I guess time will tell if it really is an inconsistency in the production of these although it would be a shame for such a nice machining. I'm curios how stiff is the air-flow controller? Could it be easily moved by mistake?

BagrX2

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2015
Nice review petra, thanks! I see there is some disagreement regarding the airflow adjustment. I guess time will tell if it really is an inconsistency in the production of these although it would be a shame for such a nice machining. I'm curios how stiff is the air-flow controller? Could it be easily moved by mistake?
It wont move by mistake, it has a o-ring or something in there. I only know this because on mine it was visible in the air hole area and was sticking out partially. When my control lever popped out of its position part of it came loose and I removed the piece, the rest of it is still in there.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I've been using my GM for about 2 Weeks. I haven't noticed the Air Flow Level getting moved by Mistake.

When I first got mine, I did move the Lever sometimes when I would screw the GM onto a mod. This was because I was gripping the GM by the Base.

One Think that I have Noticed is that the Metal Drip Tip Adapter isn't very Tight in the Top Cap. And if I would put my mod in my Pocket, 9 time out of 10 it would Pop Off (with my Drip Tip included) from the Top Cap.

The Drip Tip Adapter needs a Grove in it to Seat onto the O-Ring in the Top Cap. Maybe this will be a V2 improvement.

Since I like 510 Flat Drip Tips, and would Never use the Glass Drip, I Super Glued the Drip Tip adapter to the Top Cap.

petra_

Dec 20, 2012
Thessaloniki
As far as I can tell, the airflow ring doesn't seal the hole. It's a mm thinner than what it should be to seal the airhole. Anyway, I enjoy it a lot, it doesn't cause any problem.
The good news is I found a coupon to get the Goblin mini for $20.99, instead of 28-32$ which is the average price. The coupon is UDGM. The shop's link for the product is Youde Goblin mini RTA Rebuildable Tank E - Cigarette Atomizer-29.90 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

PS Yes... my 510 adapter too...It needs a little care... but my golden drip is beautiful with my golden dna, so I'm just a bit more careful

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So i got mine, was really imoressed, tried a bunch of builds out.

Then i filled it completely and half the tank leaks out every time.

Air comtrol is closed when filling, any idea whats going on? Its definitely leaking from the air holes...

Pancake wick. Single coil without the adaptor (adaptor seems to kill half the flavor..

Is it flooding and then leaking out the air hole?

If so seems awful, the design

At half tank no leaks...seems like an air pressure thing

If i wick it with cotton down the channels i get dry hits, with cotton resting sbove immflooding / leaking.

If its due to the single coil adapter hot being placed why is half a tank not keaking and a whole tank is

Fortunately immusing a heat invader mini to test is so leaking wont kill my device. Can someone describe a bit the wicking? I read theough and saw one post on it but it indicates you don't want to go down the juice channels, as you get wicking failure / dry hits

Last edited:

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA

Air comtrol is closed when filling, any idea whats going on? Its definitely leaking from the air holes...

Pancake wick. Single coil without the adaptor (adaptor seems to kill half the flavor..

If i wick it with cotton down the channels i get dry hits, with cotton resting sbove immflooding / leaking.

If its due to the single coil adapter hot being placed why is half a tank not keaking and a whole tank is

Fortunately immusing a heat invader mini to test is so leaking wont kill my device. Can someone describe a bit the wicking? I read theough and saw one post on it but it indicates you don't want to go down the juice channels, as you get wicking failure / dry hits

You're using a single coil without the adapter and you're wondering why its leaking? Where exactly do you think all of that juice from the two open juice channels is going to go?

BagrX2

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2015
Can someone describe a bit the wicking? I read theough and saw one post on it but it indicates you don't want to go down the juice channels, as you get wicking failure / dry hits
I chain vape with no dry hits or leaking by trimming the wic to sit against the barrel over the juice channels, maybe a little bit in them but not much. I have a near fulltank so I cant get a picture but this looks similar, mine are just slightly longer. Sorry for the large image and for the fact its not the mini, but the idea is the same.
Ya11WkU.jpg

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Seems like you would want to put the Single Coil adapter on your Deck if nothing else to determine if the Leaking is coming from the Used Air Hole. Or if it is coming from the Unused Air Hole with 2 Gaping unused e-Liquid channel next to it.

BTW - I think the Flavor is Less when I Don't use the adapter. But everyone is Different.

johentie

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
I have had mine for over a week now and i love it!!!
no leaking so far, just condensation where the airholes are since they are flush to the mod.

here are my gripes though:
1) bottom fill, although it's not huge dea
2) what is a huge deal is that the screen is so damn small i keep dropping it! I have already lost one o-ring as it popped off when i dropped the screw
3) the flat head slot is really thin and i don't have anything that fits it at the moment so i gotta use tweezers
4) the adapter for the drip tip is VERY lose ... my drip tip has fallen off
5) the airflow on the single coil setup is very weak... i did one single coil setup and now i'm back to dual coil.

for those worried about leaking they have improved the design.. the fill hole is bigger and they give you an o ring on the screw.

so far so good..

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
here are my gripes though:
1) bottom fill, although it's not huge dea
2) what is a huge deal is that the screen is so damn small i keep dropping it! I have already lost one o-ring as it popped off when i dropped the screw
3) the flat head slot is really thin and i don't have anything that fits it at the moment so i gotta use tweezers

for those worried about leaking they have improved the design.. the fill hole is bigger and they give you an o ring on the screw.

so far so good..

I hear you on the Slotted Screw. That to me is a Piss Poor design.

Make it a Philips head. And for God's sake, make it out of Magnetic Stainless Steel so it will stuck to a Screw Driver when you do to put in it.

LOL

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've had mine for 3 days and its a nice tank. Two gripes:
510 drip tip adapter falls out in my pocket
The filling screw is a flathead not a phillips screw....really...
Otherwise...nice tank

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah... The Drip Tip Adapter is kinda Funky.

Like I said earlier. I Glued mine in place with a couple drops of Super Glue Gel. Worked Great.

But that is a Permanent Fix. So only do it if you are Sure you will never us the Bigger Diameter Glass drip tip.

petra_

Dec 20, 2012
Thessaloniki
haha.... we all ask from Youde not so loose drip tip and a philips juice hole screw. As for the magnetic screw, it's a smart idea.
Well, mine works perfect after a few days. Usually I find a week as the necessary period for an atty to begin performing its best.
Air and juice feed are smooth. I even opened the air hole and had lung inhales with a single 1 ohm coil (0.3 diam) at 13.5 watts.
Overall it's a decent atty for its money. With the coupon is now 20.99$ only. I have genuine brand atties that cost a lot more, while GM performs very well comparing to them.
But anyway, it has to have some negatives comparing to them. I mean, I don't demand from it to be perfect. I just demand to be a value for its money. And it is!

tepicky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread