The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Youde Goblin Mini

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Spectrum156, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. davevape55

davevape55 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2015
    Nevada City, CA.
    Anyone try dual vertical builds.Say stainless 316L.. 7 wraps, with 2.5 dia tool?Just wondered

2. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Anybody know where to get replacement insulators for these?I haven't had one go bad yet,but don't want to be stuck if one does go bad on me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mycarsifarst

mycarsifarst Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I can't imagine how vertical coils would work well in this tank, especially since the airflow is coming in from the bottom. You would be directing all the air to the bottom side of your wick, which would need to be split to get wick in both juice channels, instead of the air hitting the coil.

I don't know...maybe someone more adventurous than me can give it a shot.

On a side note - I got the Crispy Caps drip tip for the goblin mini. Although it's got a nice mouth-feel, the tolerances on the drip tip that I received were wayyyy too tight. After hulk-smashing, lots of cursing, and tearing up the o-ring in the top cap, I took out some sandpaper and took some width off the pressure-fitted piece. It's still tight, but I can actually remove it if I want. It does look quite nice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. davevape55

Jun 24, 2015
    Nevada City, CA.
    Yeah.I thought maybe it was tried.Last night i took a hit of my titanuim build that overheated for some reason.I was lucky and didnt inhale much before i smelled a nasty odor.it may have something to do with the preheat temp but could have been something else.Not sure.Havent vaped since.and tossed coils and tank in sink.So now im back to kanthal later tonight if I do indeed vape at all.

5. davevape55

Jun 24, 2015
    Nevada City, CA.
    careful with the titanuim.I just got a bad vape last night .i think the tit coils got too hot for some reason.Not sure what happened but the preheat was at 200farenheit after i looked on the screen afterwards.Dont know why it readd that.

6. davevape55

Jun 24, 2015
    Nevada City, CA.
    Not sure what happened the other night with a titanuim build,but it did surprise me.Coil became very hot with my settings at 370faranheit at 28watts.I didnt expect the problem as it was working prior.It could have been a post screw loose or a change in setting i wasnt aware of.Not sure.Anyone ever have an issue with titanuim coils becoming too hot at low power and temp?

7. TheWestPole

TheWestPole Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Fullknight

Fullknight Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Merry Christmas Everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. davevape55

Jun 24, 2015
    Nevada City, CA.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. drugarth

drugarth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2015
    Netherlands, groningen
    Saw those too, one is on it's way. Appears from the photo's it doesn't include the single coil adapter. I will try the adapters from the authentics when it comes in.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheWestPole

TheWestPole Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Silly Putty. :)

12. westhc

westhc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Brilliant!

Finally had some bright natural light today and built a 1.8 29g 2mm 8 wrap coil wicked with rayon. Vaping at 9.5w.
    I have a clone and have not been able to get the single coil adapter to fit. Even tried trimming it down without luck.

Tried the silly putty to close off one air hole -
    All Crayola and Silly Putty products have been evaluated by an independent toxicologist and found to contain no known toxic substances in sufficient quantities to be harmful to the human body, even if ingested or inhaled.

I have the airflow completely closed and swapped out the drip tip for a narrow bore.
    I am quite pleased with the draw and the flavor.
    Adding the coil to the deck and wicking was easy even though the deck is small.
    Filling wasn't too bad although that is a teeny tiny screw.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mycarsifarst

mycarsifarst Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    @davevape55, I had the exact same experience yesterday while using 26ga Ti. I wrapped two coils, installed them in the GM, and slapped it on my brand new Reuleaux DNA200 - I took a drag and got a huge pop and pressure wave in my mouth and lungs, was instantaneously coughing. Turns out one of the coils popped. I don't know if it was due to overly aggressive preheat settings or if the coil was shorted against the chimney. It looks like the wire popped near the positive post hole. I'm running it as single coil now, but I'm very unsatisfied with the flavor. Talk about a scary experience.

I'm going to pick up some 24ga Ti this afternoon and will give that a try.

14. davevape55

Jun 24, 2015
    Nevada City, CA.
    Not good. I was'nt sure what caused my problems, so I took the atomizer apart and found a loose post screw. I am usually very careful on checking screws are down tight and check them several times. Sorry to hear about your issue. I haven’t been back to titanuim for now, but may at some point. I will check the escribe settings(titan) thoroughly before adding it to a profile from now on. Thanks for sharing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.