Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggestPapi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Richardson TX
Got my Launch Day package today - complete with the carto tank glass shredded into tiny pieces.

Don't understand how a "special edition" package can be thrown into crappy USPS envelopes, but my other Z2 items were packed in a box with heavy padding like a DaVinci painting. Really need to take more care in shipping at ENS. I would have happily waited a few days to get everything in one piece. That said, it's my first problem in over 15 orders with them so far. I just wish it was anything other than this item.

zygote

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
new york
he did and its for the arching and to cut down on maintenance and make a device that will work the best for almost everyone almost all the time + what Kman said about gases ...... and what andyman said earlier ok lost train of thought migrane back need to go back to napping :blink:

isnt there still the 101 O' Zen index still with all this info that was made way way back when ??

WRONG, it works the best, ALL the time.:blink:

Paradisevap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2011
Central Fl
Good evening everyone! I hope everyone is having as awesome of a day as I am! My 650c arrived this morning, and it's stunning. After staring at it for a good 10 minutes I managed to take about 100 photos :D and filled it up to give it it's first run. I couldn't be happier with the device. The quality is amazing, the button throw is perfect for me right out of the can, and it hits really hard. The carto tank is beautiful, sturdy, easy to work with and a breeze to fill.

Anyways, I read the product description wrong thinking the 510 adapter came with it...oops lol. So I ordered a 510 adapter so I can use some of my RDA's this weekend. I've been looking around for some really nice drip tips and really like the Bull Box's. Any other DT makers I should look into?

Thanks for all the wonderful discussions in this thread, it really made my decision to jump in much easier! I'm off to my friends house to get my first taste of Boba's, and to rub my new Zen in his face, after I try the Boba's, of course. :p Thanks Zen and ENS!!

Here's a few pics:

View attachment 219223
View attachment 219226

Congrats and Welcome they are Very Beautiful They flew out of the room and off the table almost as fast as off the website this weekend ...... theres many many Drip tips out there im not picky but there quite a few DT collectors in here

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, my 2 cents on the "battery rattle" issue. New Zen buyers often find this thread for advise on issues dealing with a Zen product. To simply tell someone that the answer to fixing the battery rattle issue is to "Don't shake it", in my not so humble opinion a serious mistake. How would I know? I too asked that exact question after I purchased my first new Zen PV. The answer angered and appalled my very much. I thought it arrogant, flippant and certainly in bad taste! I hunted a Zen PV for months before I actually got the chance to buy one. My first Zen PV purchase was the TI line at ENS. My TI mini rattled very bad. After I received the "don't shake it" answer I almost dumped both TIs I just purchased into the classies.

I calmed down and continued my personal research into which PV is the right one for me. I've been able to purchase a LOT of different models from a lot of different makers. What I discovered is that none of the PVs are "perfect". Each has some kind of trade off. For instance, one maker may trade off functionality for better aesthetics or vise a versa. Some seems more like they are made for great photos while others may not look quite as nice but function really well & etc.

My own research/testing has proved very interesting to me. I keep using my Zens on a daily basis and they are my "go to" devices period. I still use and test others also on a daily basis but I've always got a Zen close by or in my hand. That "dont' shake it" comment almost stopped me dead in my tracks and then you would have had yet one more person out there that would have had non-flattering things to say about the Zen products. That would have been a terrible shame!

I now have Zens in all three battery sizes and have some that rattle VERY bad and others that barely rattle at all. Seems to me that the 350 size generally rattles more than either the 490 or the 650 but that could just be my personal experience. My guess is that Mike has given a lot of thought to the issue and come to the conclusion (for some reason or another) that now is not the time to tackle the issue. Maybe, it has to do with safety, maybe manufacturing costs, maybe voltage loss through extra connections/threads, maybe the solution would just add complexity to the PV & etc. More than likely there is a combination of less desirable impacts by implementing one of the fixes other PV makers have adopted.

What I do know, is that the flippant answer of "don't shake it" may be a little humous to those of us that use the Zen products daily but it certainly is not an appropriate answer to a new Zen person wondering why this mod he/she diligently saved up money and spent considerable time finding a chance to purchase one, has this terrible battery rattle! There seem to be people on this thread with a personal relationship with Mike and it does seem to me that one of those people could find a better "talking point" to answer a new person's valid "battery rattle" question which they instantly view as a DEFECT.

If you don't know the actual reasons for the continued battery rattle (I suspect there are several, perhaps safety, battery variances, costs, electrical loss, & etc), but I strongly suggest we don't GUESS when we provide the answer to this new Zen user. Mike has certainly moved passed the stage of personally making a nice mod for a handful of his friends. However, this doesn't mean Mike "owes" anyone an answer. Mike can certainly choose either provide or not provide an answer. He has no obligation. However, I've been in business for several decades and I can tell you that as a business you have two choices. Either you take care of your customers or someone else will. Meaning, your customers will go somewhere else when given the chance. I see Mike's Zen line as the "leading" manufacturer of high end PVs, which is now certainly a business. Running a business is NOT easy and often these "customer service" things are not what the original entrepreneur wants to "waste" any time or energy on.

I like my Zen products and hope this "Zenfidel" group comes up with a better answer to the "battery rattle" issue..

well said my freind, an adjustable positive post is definitely needed.

this is awesome btw

3eA.png

:facepalm:

Hope they get home safely. That's gotta suck!

i read that wrong, at first i thought i missed an ihybrid sale :unsure:

Andyman, I agree with most of your points. But as for the part I bolded, the answer is that virtually every PV maker does. My Paps LUX I have right here has an adjustable telescoping gold plated positive pin (like the Chi and many others). Some use springs, Others use other solutions. And I'd say the Zen does as well, with the inclusion of washers. Which is correct? Who knows. I trust Mike had his reasons for doing it the way it was done.

quoted for truth.

Good evening everyone! I hope everyone is having as awesome of a day as I am! My 650c arrived this morning, and it's stunning. After staring at it for a good 10 minutes I managed to take about 100 photos :D and filled it up to give it it's first run. I couldn't be happier with the device. The quality is amazing, the button throw is perfect for me right out of the can, and it hits really hard. The carto tank is beautiful, sturdy, easy to work with and a breeze to fill.

Anyways, I read the product description wrong thinking the 510 adapter came with it...oops lol. So I ordered a 510 adapter so I can use some of my RDA's this weekend. I've been looking around for some really nice drip tips and really like the Bull Box's. Any other DT makers I should look into?

Thanks for all the wonderful discussions in this thread, it really made my decision to jump in much easier! I'm off to my friends house to get my first taste of Boba's, and to rub my new Zen in his face, after I try the Boba's, of course. :p Thanks Zen and ENS!!

Here's a few pics:

View attachment 219223
View attachment 219226

can i see a more detailed pic of the carto tank, inside the top cap, etc? just curious.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
happy birthday steveo!

as for rattle...just checked..my Ti Std., Alu Std., SS Std., both SW's dont have rattle... can't help but think a single answer is not possible on items that have many parts that all have slight variances. Batteries, tubes, switches, all could be slightly off (as would any competitor i'd think...but maybe not)... Sucks the rattle is a problem for whomever it is a problem for, but i dont think you can get an answer that will suffice as it probably isnt something that can be answered, and instead the only solution you can get is to either "just dont shake it".."just cape it" or try a suggestion from someone who may have a similar issue... regardless, if that isn't gonna work as a solution it is up to the buyer to decide whether they enjoy it or not.... there are plenty of devices that are perfect in every way and operate to all personal expectations, yet people dont like them or dont want to keep them...paying money for something that isnt perfect is annoying but it is pretty much par for the course when buying anything...

wish i could help with the issue but mine done have rattle...and even if they did, im not sure it would bother me...but alas that's just me!

cant wait to get my shipment...looks like i have an ETA of Wednesday per my shipping notice...

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry for the double post...

i feel like i remember Zen showing how to fill and refill the carto-tank in a video....anyone know which one and where in the video?

If not..anyone know the instructions for setting it up correctly? i wanna be prepared!!

Thanks!

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Sorry for the double post...

i feel like i remember Zen showing how to fill and refill the carto-tank in a video....anyone know which one and where in the video?

If not..anyone know the instructions for setting it up correctly? i wanna be prepared!!

Thanks!

Me to please..................

hadouken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Cali
Well I'm glad it worked out for you without you taking any sort of a loss, hadouken. :)

Hopefully in the future you can grab another one!

I will. I'd like to see a review on the carto hybrid first. I don't like being a guinea pig. It's Zen, I'm a fan, but still. I spent way too much this last week.

stevo123

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
georgia
happy birthday steveo!

as for rattle...just checked..my Ti Std., Alu Std., SS Std., both SW's dont have rattle... can't help but think a single answer is not possible on items that have many parts that all have slight variances. Batteries, tubes, switches, all could be slightly off (as would any competitor i'd think...but maybe not)... Sucks the rattle is a problem for whomever it is a problem for, but i dont think you can get an answer that will suffice as it probably isnt something that can be answered, and instead the only solution you can get is to either "just dont shake it".."just cape it" or try a suggestion from someone who may have a similar issue... regardless, if that isn't gonna work as a solution it is up to the buyer to decide whether they enjoy it or not.... there are plenty of devices that are perfect in every way and operate to all personal expectations, yet people dont like them or dont want to keep them...paying money for something that isnt perfect is annoying but it is pretty much par for the course when buying anything...

wish i could help with the issue but mine done have rattle...and even if they did, im not sure it would bother me...but alas that's just me!

cant wait to get my shipment...looks like i have an ETA of Wednesday per my shipping notice...

Thanks Aaron :toast:

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Got my Launch Day package today - complete with the carto tank glass shredded into tiny pieces.

Don't understand how a "special edition" package can be thrown into crappy USPS envelopes, but my other Z2 items were packed in a box with heavy padding like a DaVinci painting. Really need to take more care in shipping at ENS. I would have happily waited a few days to get everything in one piece. That said, it's my first problem in over 15 orders with them so far. I just wish it was anything other than this item.

Sorry to hear this...you know ENS will make it right, but I'm sure it made you sad. Be sure to put a ticket into ENS...hopefully you've had fun playing with the rest of the series.

hotrod3539

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Pickerington, Ohio U.S.A
Good evening everyone! VAPEMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a new PV holder sized for the cupholder in my work van so now i can have a place to put my ZEN~ std. or other PV (other than my shirt pocket or lap) while working!

We also have a new sugarskull tank from Kathy (who is AWESOME by the way, e-mailed her sat. morning looking for one, she replied, i paid and she shipped that day) at Bedaz.

Next is a black and white spiderweb Bully Direct from the Bull.....

And finally A new drip tip i procured from an auction. It appears to be a Tru-stone Bully .....Bringing my bully count to 5

More Vapemail later this week...The Mail man stalking continues!

hotrod3539

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Pickerington, Ohio U.S.A
Nice vapemail Hotrod...it's going to be an exciting week for many of us.

Yes but unfortunately mine won't contain any Z2 items :( ...at least not yet...

Edit... And i do believe it was this group that got me hooked on the bullies....

Last edited:

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Good evening everyone! VAPEMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a new PV holder sized for the cupholder in my work van so now i can have a place to put my ZEN~ std. or other PV (other than my shirt pocket or lap) while working!

We also have a new sugarskull tank from Kathy (who is AWESOME by the way, e-mailed her sat. morning looking for one, she replied, i paid and she shipped that day) at Bedaz.

Next is a black and white spiderweb Bully Direct from the Bull.....

And finally A new drip tip i procured from an auction. It appears to be a Tru-stone Bully .....Bringing my bully count to 5

More Vapemail later this week...The Mail man stalking continues!

That is one gorgeous tank Hotrod!
Who made that?
Please and thank you!
C.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread