Status
Not open for further replies.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
LOL, too funny Rip. :)

Although, that is a very nice collection of minis that you have...

Yeah, I admit I was bragging.......:blush: Ironically, I don't have an SS mini, a couple times I almost got one on the cheap but not yet, I can be cheap.....:laugh:

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
yup! you need to turn it upside down after you put juice in it and before you seal the cap fully on. that creates suction.
so do you just pull off the cap and fill it? or do you have to do something else? does it need priming?

Absolutely. I'll be emptying the tank in a while I'll post some photos for you, but it wont be until later tonight once I get back from a friends place. Anything specific besides the inside of the top cap?

I haven't seen instructions or a how-to re: filling the carto tank. Seemed rather straight forward to be honest. I've been using the tank all afternoon, without a worry of leaking or the tube sliding up exposing juice, I guess I . So much sturdier than my cartomators!

I think you have to fill it, then turn it upside down to put the cap on so it does not flood the carto, something like that.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
i like gold on some things. others, not so much. i'd much rather have it than brass though, cuz i'm a lazy young whippersnapper :rolleyes:
The z2 works kit and the limited sidewinder are pretty sweet. One reason I held back on the works kit was the gold. Is this wrong? Am I the only one not a fan of gold?

Don3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Rochester / Hilton NY
Picture 18 (2).jpg just picked this up today how does it look... sexy ya i know

cruxfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
oakland
Kayfun, and it's working fine on other devices, also it has an adjustable pin...still nothing...also I've tried multiple different attys and cartos, nothing...hhhmmmmim I'm real confused as it was working fine before the rebuild..

Man I hope you get it running soon. I have the same set up kayfun SW. Did you try adjusting the kayfun post? Had a similar issue with a kayfun provari ring.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
The z2 works kit and the limited sidewinder are pretty sweet. One reason I held back on the works kit was the gold. Is this wrong? Am I the only one not a fan of gold?

Not at all. I was planning on picking up the works kit, but when I saw the gold and SS, I decided to go with a 650CT, a Cinis, and a DX490. I missed out on the stand and numbering, but no big deal. I did end up with 3 switches and an extra 650 tube instead of the 350 for about $30 less, which is great because I don't use 350s all that much yet (not to mention I get 3 concurrently working PVs this way).

It looks nice, just not my thing. I might get the gold/gunmetal works kit if/when that comes out though, I like that combination much more than gold/SS.

TalkingCactus

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2012
Paradise Valley, AZ.
Night Shift check in...

I normally don't either. Especially on cars, but really anywhere ya see it except jewelry it's just a plated pseudo gold (fools gold?). Gold Cadillac emblems, wire rim hubcaps, etc, when plated in pseudo gold it just cheapens the vehicle IMO. AND it does not, look good. Again, IMO.

But the Zen~ Launch Day set "The Works", the extra gold: 1) looks good, I like it 2) is real gold 3) differentiates these. I especially like reason #3. With Mike ramping up to mass production, quoted as saying "1,000 units/mth", the extra gold visually tells you at a glance that these are different, special.
:tumble:

View attachment 219352 just picked this up today how does it look... sexy ya i know

Nice Don. Real nice!

Last edited:

MissEmma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
West Virginia
Paradisevap, I think the words you are searching for is 'Galvanic reaction'. It occurs when two dissimilar metals carry a current (and in other situations, too. Simply put, dissimilar metals in the presence of an electrolyte causes one metal to become positive and one to become negative - that's how batteries work). I think what is going on is that the way Mike has implemented the switch, it reduces the chance for arcing, and thus reduces the chance for galvanic corrosion.

However, I see BlackBag's point. For example - I've yet to have the pleasure to hold a Zen device in my hand yet. Lots of other very nice mods though. I just ordered 3 Zen 2's, and had I got them in, found them to rattle, and not already known what was going on, I'd be pretty puzzled. I'd probably jump on here and ask if it's common, why it happens, and how to fix it (since none of my other high end PV's have this behavior). If the only answers I got were 'don't shake it' and 'just vape it', it would probably sour me on the mod and the community. What would be actually helpful would be to have someone explain why it's done the way it is.

I have seen Mike talk about it, and I've done my own research and as such, I'm confident in knowing he chose to do things this way for a very good reason (backed up by my own research) and knowing the amount of engineering and thought that he's put into it makes me all the more satisfied with my not so inexpensive new purchase. If all I had to go on was 'don't shake it', I'd either attempt to fix it myself, undoing Mike's hard work and engineering, or just sell them. Not everybody that comes in and asks about it will have this insight or even know to go looking for it. I think BlackBag's point is that this is more about how the community as a whole can be more helpful to new Zen owners and probably elevate both Mike's wonderful devices and this community that loves them in the eyes of some folks that might otherwise feel the products are under-engineered and the community unhelpful.

Just my thoughts on the matter. But I'm the new guy, so feel free to ignore me if I'm off base! :)

edit: And a helpful link explaining the issue much better than I can: Galvanic corrosion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good point, jazzguy!! I think we forget that everyone doesn't know why it's made that way. We've all hung around so long, we've become lax in our courtesy and helpfulness :oops:

And thank you for the explanation and information :)

MissEmma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
West Virginia
Good evening everyone! VAPEMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a new PV holder sized for the cupholder in my work van so now i can have a place to put my ZEN~ std. or other PV (other than my shirt pocket or lap) while working!

We also have a new sugarskull tank from Kathy (who is AWESOME by the way, e-mailed her sat. morning looking for one, she replied, i paid and she shipped that day) at Bedaz.

Next is a black and white spiderweb Bully Direct from the Bull.....

And finally A new drip tip i procured from an auction. It appears to be a Tru-stone Bully .....Bringing my bully count to 5

More Vapemail later this week...The Mail man stalking continues!

Nice vapemail :) I have that tank too, it's great, isn't it?

rockstarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2009
ohio
Man I hope you get it running soon. I have the same set up kayfun SW. Did you try adjusting the kayfun post? Had a similar issue with a kayfun provari ring.

Doesn't matter what I throw at my SW, it's not firing, I'm stumped, never had this happen. I do have the gold pin 510 connector coming this wk, we will see if that changes things.. Keep y'all posted.

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry for the double post...

i feel like i remember Zen showing how to fill and refill the carto-tank in a video....anyone know which one and where in the video?

If not..anyone know the instructions for setting it up correctly? i wanna be prepared!!

Thanks!

I believe that was on either one of CB's shows or a chat.
Maybe a Phil video?

Basically...... he filled it most of the way, not full, put the top on.
Tipped it upside down and pushed the top the rest of the way on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread