Zero Nicotine for Employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photon55

Jul 5, 2012
Florida
I'm upset by employers who test applicants for nicotine and have a "no hire" policy for "smokers". Apparently vapers test out positive and can't be hired, neither can nic gum users or patch users. Question: How do they test for nicotine; breath or blood serum? How long does it take for nicotine to clear your system if one goes to 0nic vaping? I may be moving soon and would like to have no road blocks getting a job in new state. Anyone know about this?

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
Cotinine half life is around 20 hours, however tests can trace levels after a week, employment testing will more than likely be low level testing, saliva or urine, high level would involve protein like hair, nails i.e. highly unlikely (cost prohibitive),
get ready with the excuses-you attended a Greek wedding and ate Moussaka (Eggplant 100ng/g, tomato puree 52ng/g)

Photon55

Jul 5, 2012
Florida
Thanks for the replies. I'm a Registered Nurse, which I have always been able to find a job where ever I lived. However, I find this is now the rule rather than the exception with hospitals. Where I presently work is putting this policy into effect the first of the year, although current employees will be exempt. How much more intrusive will things get? Is caffeine next???

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
It's becoming more common. The employers who contribute to health insurance can save money on that insurance by not hiring smokers and demanding that employees quit smoking. All the more reason we need to separate health insurance from work. I don't want or need my employer to know of any medical related thing going on with me, and I'd like my employer to stay the /&:mad::83 out of my private, medical, business.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I know this has been happening, & that it's part of the FORCE SMOKERS TO QUIT" propaganda by big Pharma/WHO, yet it still floors me every time I hear this nonsense. Surely it's an infringement on privacy, liberty, and all things human. Nicotine is beneficial to many, yet they are treating it like its the grim reaper. They are not basing their rules on fair & accurate measures. They need to be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread