Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Zombie next to "Week-old" Bronze Provari

I wasn't home, and saw on my USPS update that a "Notice" was left. I got a sick feeling that no one was home to sign and that I missed the delivery. I rode home and checked the front door for a notice- none. I then checked my mailbox, which we don't check often, and sure enough, I saw a small Priority package! I didn't believe it until I saw the "Provape" name on the label. Boom! Zombie Provari is mine!

It may be hard to see, but the blood spatter is on one side of the device. It also appears that whoever did the coating did indeed pay attention and took the time to line up the spatter. It looks like this cap may have been made while it was on the Provari as the patterns match up very well. There's a shot of the bottom cap. The machining on the sides of the cap are not the usual "dots," but are instead like this: (__)

I got the Green LED and it does look cool the way the green glows when the button is pushed. I was going to got with red, but hey, I already have red on the Bronze one. I'm very satisfied with this, It reminds me of a BMX peg I once owned.

Very cool!

If you have any Chinese mods, you probably should put them somewhere safe...

nomeX

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
HTX, USA
Very cool!

If you have any Chinese mods, you probably should put them somewhere safe...

They are safe...in the store and in others' hands! I went straight to Provari from Blu disposables. ECF helped me steer clear of them. This is one of the few times I came in at the right end of the spectrum.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
They are safe...in the store and in others' hands! I went straight to Provari from Blu disposables. ECF helped me steer clear of them. This is one of the few times I came in at the right end of the spectrum.

That's good. I went from a Twist to a ProVari, but I got a Vamo later to find out what all the VW hoopla was about. He wasn't here a week before the ProVaris beat him up.

No joke. He's top heavy and fell over on a vinyl-topped card table - fell over, not off - and bumped one of the ProVaris (who didn't fall over). It must have been at some odd angle, because his screen got scuffed up. I felt guilty, so tried to use him a lot after that, then the black chrome finish wore off. His little robot face looks so depressed. :(

nomeX

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
HTX, USA
Blus to ProVaris.

Rags to riches.

Winning.....

I was upset that I dropped $30 on the Blu's already! I bought a pack of analogs while saving up for the Provari, because although I could afford the Halo Triton, I knew I'd end up with the Provari anyway. I vape more than I smoked. It's probably due to the fact that I only smoked two days out of the week and didn't really have an urge to smoke otherwise. I don't think I'll ever break even, because my projected annual was $416. I do it for the clouds, since I vape 0mg nic.

I had the zombie cap on my bronze Provari, but I think I'll just use the stock cap and save the Zombie cap for special occasions, like vape meets.

nomeX

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
HTX, USA
I strongly believe that they are all typical, as in a copy/paste stencil.

Kind of hard to stencil these, and I am a stenciler. It just seems whoever did mine was either paying attention to detail, or got lucky. I'm going with the former. People who Cerakote are usually meticluous. I guess I'll have to run into another Zombie owner, 'cause I'm getting a Reo next!

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Well the extension caps for the Zombies are now available separately on ProVape, so I imagine they have to somehow make the spatter close to identical on all of them. I know I'd be bent if the cap spatter didn't line up with the body's spatter.

I have no exp with Ceracote, so I can't offer any idea about how they get them typical, but I sure hope they do.

nomeX

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
HTX, USA
Well the extension caps for the Zombies are now available separately on ProVape, so I imagine they have to somehow make the spatter close to identical on all of them. I know I'd be bent if the cap spatter didn't line up with the body's spatter.

That was my concern in the earlier Zombie thread (or is it this one? There's three now), which is why I ordered both cap and Provari at the same time. When I saw that my order shipped within hours of purchase, I was concerned that I may have gotten mis-matched cap/body. Until I see another Zombie, I won't be able to tell if the spatter is replicated with any consistency.

klee6150

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Salem, Oregon
Don't think they are stenciled. Mine is different than the one posted by nomeX and very different than the one pictured on the Provape site.

image.jpg

image.jpg

legaldisaster

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2013
Maryland
Don't think they are stenciled. Mine is different than the one posted by nomeX and very different than the one pictured on the Provape site.

View attachment 257894

View attachment 257896
Yeah your zombie is drastically different than the one on their page, it looks cool though, I like it.
I joined to ProVari nation today when my zombie arrived and mine looks more like the one on their site, with splatter . Btw, my bottom cap was not painted with the main unit in my opinion, the blood splatters don't match up, but they are close enough and the same style so that it's barely noticeable. I just wish the extended battery was two parts so I could use the cool bottom cap when I'm using a 18650.

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Do you folks have splatter that is 360* around the unit?

Mine is only on a maybe 200 degrees of the unit, the side with the etched logo is free of spatter. I actually like the look that way.

My guess is they let the green dry, put it in a stand or jig, and splatter it. I am 99% sure it is done free hand, with the extension cap on if you ordered it at the same time. I don't think a purchase of the end cap after the fact would be able to capture that same look.

Last edited:

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I would bet that the jig they paint them on is threaded as well, not only to protect the threads from paint, but a side effect would be that they always line up & face the same way. Just a thought from the engineer side of my brain. If that was the case, the extension caps would be more or less universal across all Zombies.

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That doesn't jive with my pattern. That may be true if you don't order the extension, but if you order the extension I think the two are mated for the splatter/spatter application.

I have a feeling it is just a wooden or plastic cradle, they lay a bunch of them down, and they splatter down the line or multiple at once?

We could just ask them, I think a youtube video of the application would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread