The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Zombie provari

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Brian Horsley, Sep 28, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Very cool!

If you have any Chinese mods, you probably should put them somewhere safe...

2. nomeX

nomeX Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2013
    HTX, USA
    They are safe...in the store and in others' hands! I went straight to Provari from Blu disposables. ECF helped me steer clear of them. This is one of the few times I came in at the right end of the spectrum.

3. Preloader

Preloader Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Blus to ProVaris.

Rags to riches.

Winning.....

4. The Ocelot

That's good. I went from a Twist to a ProVari, but I got a Vamo later to find out what all the VW hoopla was about. He wasn't here a week before the ProVaris beat him up.

No joke. He's top heavy and fell over on a vinyl-topped card table - fell over, not off - and bumped one of the ProVaris (who didn't fall over). It must have been at some odd angle, because his screen got scuffed up. I felt guilty, so tried to use him a lot after that, then the black chrome finish wore off. His little robot face looks so depressed. :(

5. nomeX

Sep 20, 2013
    HTX, USA
    I was upset that I dropped $30 on the Blu's already! I bought a pack of analogs while saving up for the Provari, because although I could afford the Halo Triton, I knew I'd end up with the Provari anyway. I vape more than I smoked. It's probably due to the fact that I only smoked two days out of the week and didn't really have an urge to smoke otherwise. I don't think I'll ever break even, because my projected annual was $416. I do it for the clouds, since I vape 0mg nic.

I had the zombie cap on my bronze Provari, but I think I'll just use the stock cap and save the Zombie cap for special occasions, like vape meets.

6. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    My annual smoking habit was $3,500.

I'll have spent that in vape gear in the next 3 months, but whatever. I'm buying more years to the end of my life. I want to have children, and then grandchildren and maybe be healthy enough to skydive or drag race with all those people. Worth it.

7. justinred

justinred Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2012
    PH
    Are the splatters different/random for every unit? Or are they the same on all units?

8. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    I strongly believe that they are all typical, as in a copy/paste stencil.

9. nomeX

Sep 20, 2013
    HTX, USA
    Kind of hard to stencil these, and I am a stenciler. It just seems whoever did mine was either paying attention to detail, or got lucky. I'm going with the former. People who Cerakote are usually meticluous. I guess I'll have to run into another Zombie owner, 'cause I'm getting a Reo next!

10. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Well the extension caps for the Zombies are now available separately on ProVape, so I imagine they have to somehow make the spatter close to identical on all of them. I know I'd be bent if the cap spatter didn't line up with the body's spatter.

I have no exp with Ceracote, so I can't offer any idea about how they get them typical, but I sure hope they do.

11. nomeX

Sep 20, 2013
    HTX, USA
    That was my concern in the earlier Zombie thread (or is it this one? There's three now), which is why I ordered both cap and Provari at the same time. When I saw that my order shipped within hours of purchase, I was concerned that I may have gotten mis-matched cap/body. Until I see another Zombie, I won't be able to tell if the spatter is replicated with any consistency.

12. klee6150

klee6150 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2010
    Salem, Oregon
    Don't think they are stenciled. Mine is different than the one posted by nomeX and very different than the one pictured on the Provape site.

image.jpg

image.jpg

13. legaldisaster

legaldisaster Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    Maryland
    Yeah your zombie is drastically different than the one on their page, it looks cool though, I like it.
    I joined to ProVari nation today when my zombie arrived and mine looks more like the one on their site, with splatter . Btw, my bottom cap was not painted with the main unit in my opinion, the blood splatters don't match up, but they are close enough and the same style so that it's barely noticeable. I just wish the extended battery was two parts so I could use the cool bottom cap when I'm using a 18650.

14. nomeX

Sep 20, 2013
    HTX, USA
    I have mine equipped with an XL Boge SR (which are reading 2.3-2.7 ohms). I need an RDA for tasting though. I already hate one of the samples I put in one carto - CC Vapes Primoroso, which has a terrible (to me) rose fragrance/taste. I feel like I'm vaping potpurri, not the "Cuban Tobacco" advertised. Bleeachh!

15. The Ocelot

Isn't "random" the point of random? If the splotches on the body and the end caps are truly random, they will match. The splotches will only align if they aren't random.

16. sweet tea

sweet tea Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2013
    Lexington, NC, USA
    These are not mine. They are for sale at a local vape shop. My son ordered one from Provape. Should be here tomorrow. Maybe he will let me hold it. :laugh:

image.jpg

17. Titan Vapes

Titan Vapes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    NC
    [​IMG] I'M BACK!!!! and proud to be!

18. Freefall_Doug

Freefall_Doug Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Do you folks have splatter that is 360* around the unit?

Mine is only on a maybe 200 degrees of the unit, the side with the etched logo is free of spatter. I actually like the look that way.

My guess is they let the green dry, put it in a stand or jig, and splatter it. I am 99% sure it is done free hand, with the extension cap on if you ordered it at the same time. I don't think a purchase of the end cap after the fact would be able to capture that same look.

19. Ozwald

Ozwald Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    I would bet that the jig they paint them on is threaded as well, not only to protect the threads from paint, but a side effect would be that they always line up & face the same way. Just a thought from the engineer side of my brain. If that was the case, the extension caps would be more or less universal across all Zombies.

20. Freefall_Doug

Freefall_Doug Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That doesn't jive with my pattern. That may be true if you don't order the extension, but if you order the extension I think the two are mated for the splatter/spatter application.

I have a feeling it is just a wooden or plastic cradle, they lay a bunch of them down, and they splatter down the line or multiple at once?

We could just ask them, I think a youtube video of the application would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.