Is this Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so its been a week since i have quit analogs. It seems like i have to use my PV all the time. I'm using 18mg of nicotine and haven't used or craved an analog, but it seems like i have to have this thing going all the time. At least i have two batteries so i can rotate them out.

I dunno maybe its because i was a smokeless tobacco user as well and my body need the constant flow if nicotine.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ok so its been a week since i have quit analogs. It seems like i have to use my PV all the time. I'm using 18mg of nicotine and haven't used or craved an analog, but it seems like i have to have this thing going all the time. At least i have two batteries so i can rotate them out.

I dunno maybe its because i was a smokeless tobacco user as well and my body need the constant flow if nicotine.

You might experiment with a bottle of 24mg juice.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
That's the beauty of vaping - you can adjust it to fit your needs. Upping or lowering the nic, changing flavors and delivery methods allows you to find your own personalized way to kill the cravings and succeed in switching. Most of us start at higher nic and eventually drop it down, some to 0mg. I'm settled at 12mg for now.

im in the same boat as you, i can't seem to stop vaping. i started on thursday and havent had a cancer stick since. are you going through withdraws? it doesn't seem like i am.

No withdrawals yet. My wife is a little bit, we both started vapeing at the same time. Its the only way we could both quit. If i smelled it i wanted it and the same for her. I dipped more than I smoked. Smoking was more social and a quick fix early in the morning right before physical training. Can't really get out there and do PT with 1/4 of a can in the cheek.

I was reviewing one of the "test" results and it stated the cigarette can "carry" more nicotine to the blood stream. I'm assuming that's due to the tar in cigarettes. With the vapor delivery system not as much gets into the blood stream, hence, you end up vaping more. I too hit the e-cig more frequently at first. I started with 24mg, then down to 18 mg and now I'm at 12 mg and hit it more now because I like the flavors (no tobacco any more) more than anything else. Where else can you enjoy some strawberry with whip cream without the calories or mess :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Don't feel so bewildered. I started at 36 mg and was Vaping 50- 60 ml per week. Eventually once your body has gone through the initial withdrawals your Vaping should taper off.
As for personal feelings when I was Vaping 36 mg X 50-60 ml per week I was just so grateful to be analog free.
Wishing You the Very Best of Luck.
Most new Vapers start at 18 or 24 mg.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I was reviewing one of the "test" results and it stated the cigarette can "carry" more nicotine to the blood stream. I'm assuming that's due to the tar in cigarettes. With the vapor delivery system not as much gets into the blood stream, hence, you end up vaping more. I too hit the e-cig more frequently at first. I started with 24mg, then down to 18 mg and now I'm at 12 mg and hit it more now because I like the flavors (no tobacco any more) more than anything else. Where else can you enjoy some strawberry with whip cream without the calories or mess :)

Right, all else being equal, you should have to vape more often to get the same nicotine absorption from a given amount of smoking.

But all else isn't necessarily equal, which is why those loosey-goosey comparison charts ("A light cigarette equals this kind of juice!") should be taken with a grain of salt. If you want to spend less time vaping, you can always up the concentration in your e-liquid. Or if you want to savor your vape, you can always lower the concentration. All that matters is that you get enough nicotine to avoid cigarette cravings; everything else is a matter of taste.

Right now everything is going good, but that being said I have been on leave the past week and its a 4 day weekend. I'll see how everything goes at work tomorrow. It should be accepted pretty well. I'm a Senior NCO in the unit and my 1SG is was using the cheap-o e-cigs you buy at the tobacco shop. He was doing good until he lost it when we where out working, now he's back to analogs. I plan on educating him and everyone else at work about better equipment. I'm compiling a excel list of suppliers for DIY juices, flavorings, and nicotine. So i can do a price then quality comparison. When motivated to do something not much can stop me.

Sounds like a lot of work but being an air traffic controller makes one very meticulous. I'm still digging through the forums so if there is a document like this already in existence a point in that direction would be greatly appreciated.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Google "ammonification" for fun reading.

Cigs (maybe some chew, IDK) had all sorts of stuff in them. MAOI's too. Which when combined with nic makes nic a lot more addictive. Also tar probably holds additional nic longer than the PG/VG. (not sure on that last one). Sure seems to me the nic buzz doesn't "stick" as much.

The good news: After a while the nic cravings go down too. So you can go longer without from a nic perspective. It's funny, I still vape constantly at the computer though. So some is habitual too.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
Congratulations my friend. and You can not smoke one after that. You will be wandering how you ever smoked.
I am a chain vaper for 8 months. But I dont get this rate of nic business very seriously. Because I am happy that way. I must have been vaping something about 8-10mg/ml but I dont care if it is 24 or 6 as long as I am happy. I buy 24mg/ml liquids and put some in clearo add other (More specificly some doff and add 8-10 drops of desert of dekang) and add VG untill I satisfy this is since beginning nothing changed but there is nothing to change. I never smoked and this is the matter I am vaping I am happy so this is all there is to it

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Congrats on your decision to vape :vapor: !!!
Today makes 6 months with no stinkies for me, yay! :)

I had a similar experience when I first started vaping. I started out with 24mg nic and was able to cut down the stinkies from over 2 PAD to only 5 cigs a day, but that went on for a month with me constantly chain vaping and giving in to the analog stinkies somewhat. I was finally advised by some of the good folks here at ECF to try raising my nic level to 36mg nic and it worked and got me off the smelly analog cigs for good!! :D So yep, do whatever it takes to stay away from cigs, I've been vaping 36mg for 6 months now LOL!

I realized something about a week ago. My boyfriend vapes 12mg nic and I realized while sampling some of his flavors that the lower nic ejuice tastes so much better than my 36mg strength ones hehe! So I bought some tasty 24mg juice about a week ago to alternate with the 36mg in flavors I love so I can vape more often, love that hand to mouth action I guess hehe :D

lol yeah i was a pipe smoker too. I bought a $95 Churchwarden a few months ago. I'm researching on how to turn it into a eVape. I have all the parts on a wish list to order and i have a plan on how to build it. I just need to figure out how to get the long stem to fit in a tank. It's several mm to small as measured on a kanger which is all i have for reference right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread