Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Num-num doesn't like flat-tops. Since I will be getting another Nemesis, and I only have two button-tops in my collection....

Otherwise, maybe some advice on what to use as a spacer (will stay in place) to make a flat-top function like a button-top would be appreciated. Would these work? $0.99 Round Super Strong Rare-Earth Magnets (5-Pack) 5-pack - 5mm*1mm / perfect for use on batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping or maybe these $1.15 Round Super Strong Rare-Earth Neodymium NIB Magnets (10-Pack) 10-pack - 5mm*1.5mm / perfect for use on batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Answered. Flat-top top button-top | E-Cigarette Forum

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I will give duals a chance, and see if I like it. If it means changing batteries more frequently, once will be enough.

Num-num doesn't like flat-tops. Since I will be getting another Nemesis, and I only have two button-tops in my collection, if anyone has some button tops to trade for two nearly virgin VTC4 18650's and one e-fest 18350, I would appreciate it.

Otherwise, maybe some advice on what to use as a spacer (will stay in place) to make a flat-top function like a button-top would be appreciated. Would these work? $0.99 Round Super Strong Rare-Earth Magnets (5-Pack) 5-pack - 5mm*1mm / perfect for use on batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping or maybe these $1.15 Round Super Strong Rare-Earth Neodymium NIB Magnets (10-Pack) 10-pack - 5mm*1.5mm / perfect for use on batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Is num-num a Nemmy? If so have you removed the kick ring? I have two clone Nemy's and 1 real one. They all work fine w/ flat top batts w/ that ring removed.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Help me out here. This is recommended for cleaning what? I need to find out, since I bought two 750 ml bottles of it.
Everclear750ml.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Help me out here. This is recommended for cleaning what? I need to find out, since I bought two 750 ml bottles of it.
View attachment 468606

Your insides! :D Folks used it to clean the 'inside' of old time dripping atty's and even rinsing the 'inside' of their carto's with it. And tobacco pipe smokers clean the 'inside' of their stems with it. Basically anything you want to clean w/ alcohol and not use rubbing alcohol.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Is num-num a Nemmy? If so have you removed the kick ring? I have two clone Nemy's and 1 real one. They all work fine w/ flat top batts w/ that ring removed.
For a quick battery change, fooling around with that small kick ring is an inconvenience. With flat-top and no kick-ring, I would say that Num-num (Nemesis) protests too much.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Your insides! :D Folks used it to clean the 'inside' of old time dripping atty's and even rinsing the 'inside' of their carto's with it. And tobacco pipe smokers clean the 'inside' of their stems with it. Basically anything you want to clean w/ alcohol and not use rubbing alcohol.
The majority of it will be used for the first purpose you mention. But, I've currently got 10 new Kanger 0.5 ohm OCC Subtank coils soaking in it (they are VERY good prebuilt coils that last a long time), and I also will be using it as what I consider to be a superior alternative to Simple Green for cleaning the interior of my coffee roasting machine.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I use some rubbing alcohol to wipe down the terminals on mods. Or an eraser.
Read people soak coils in it. Myself I just rebuild them. Or suppose could do the usual dry burn and or see if some rubbing alcohol and a cotton bud does any good at cleaning them.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Bad' might have been a bit strong. Not really bad for the mech/batt as in doing damage
ok kewl, just wanted to make sure I wasn't ruining my batts. Folks say they last longer if you don't run em down as far, but I dunno. Doesn't bother me to change em out though, takes 5 seconds on the Reo.

View attachment 468606
another good use for it and the reason I wanna get some is to help dry out bottles and syringes after I wash em.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
ok kewl, just wanted to make sure I wasn't ruining my batts. Folks say they last longer if you don't run em down as far, but I dunno. Doesn't bother me to change em out though, takes 5 seconds on the Reo.

If you swap at 3.6 you're great. Just don't go below 3.2 or you may have batteries that won't charge.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Wow!! She would be very happy with that. However, my bank account wouldn't ATM. It is bookmarked, though. Thank you.

Check Fat Daddy's website too - I think on his website you can get an extended fire button screw and 510 extended replacement screw for the same price as that ebay listing for just 1 screw.

Have you tried different atty's on num-num w/ flat top batts. I wonder if the atty has a short 510 screw so you have to turn num-nums 510 screw in to contact it. So then you're flat top batt is contacting num-num's 510 screw when pressing the fire button.

Or how about this to turn your flat tops into button tops - just $2.50

Flat Top Battery Adapter

Or for <$1 try one of these on top of num-nums 510. The you could maybe unscrew num-num's 510 screw to get it closer to the flat surface of the batt when the fire button is pressed.

Circuit Board Spacer

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Read people soak coils in it. Myself I just rebuild them. Or suppose could do the usual dry burn and or see if some rubbing alcohol and a cotton bud does any good at cleaning them.
Everclear: more pure and less toxic than rubbing alcohol, because rubbing alcohol has toxins added deliberately to make it undrinkable. Technically, no rinsing needed after using Everclear, but do keep flame away from it. It's over 95% pure alcohol. 190+ proof. I've got nothing against using rubbing alcohol and have used it myself for cleaning things, but I've made sure I've both heated and rinsed thoroughly after using it.

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
View attachment 468606
Me thinks you knew exactly what it was for when you bought it. ;)

Wolf, what Bells said. Please don't use rubbing alcohol inside tanks, coils whatever. You might not be worried about it, but I'm going to worry about you if you do it. :cry:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
1 Check Fat Daddy's website too - I think on his website you can get an extended fire button screw and 510 extended replacement screw for the same price as that ebay listing for just 1 screw.

2 Have you tried different atty's on num-num w/ flat top batts. I wonder if the atty has a short 510 screw so you have to turn num-nums 510 screw in to contact it. So then you're flat top batt is contacting num-num's 510 screw when pressing the fire button.

3 Or how about this to turn your flat tops into button tops - just $2.50

Flat Top Battery Adapter

4 Or for <$1 try one of these on top of num-nums 510. The you could maybe unscrew num-num's 510 screw to get it closer to the flat surface of the batt when the fire button is pressed.

Circuit Board Spacer

1. I tried going to Fat Daddy's website, but my browser wouldn't take me there. I may try taking IE for a spin on that.

2. My atties are identical.

3. That is what I was initially looking for. Clearly an option.

4. I already have two of those. Hadn't figured out exactly where to utilize it. Instead of in the 510 well, I put it on top of the kick. The base is screwed in for a tiny throw, but it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is happy, and I am, too. Not a penny spent.

Thanks for the brainstorming. That is awesome!!

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Everclear: more pure and less toxic than rubbing alcohol, because rubbing alcohol has toxins added deliberately to make it undrinkable. Technically, no rinsing needed after using Everclear, but do keep flame away from it. It's over 95% pure alcohol. 190+ proof. I've got nothing against using rubbing alcohol and have used it myself for cleaning things, but I've made sure I've both heated and rinsed thoroughly after using it.
Yeah but the DT and AP cancels out the toxins in rubbing alcohol don't they?

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Check Fat Daddy's website too - I think on his website you can get an extended fire button screw and 510 extended replacement screw for the same price as that ebay listing for just 1 screw.

Have you tried different atty's on num-num w/ flat top batts. I wonder if the atty has a short 510 screw so you have to turn num-nums 510 screw in to contact it. So then you're flat top batt is contacting num-num's 510 screw when pressing the fire button.

Or how about this to turn your flat tops into button tops - just $2.50

Flat Top Battery Adapter

Or for <$1 try one of these on top of num-nums 510. The you could maybe unscrew num-num's 510 screw to get it closer to the flat surface of the batt when the fire button is pressed.

Circuit Board Spacer
Omg, if you want to try a curcuit board spacer I have a bunch of them and would be glad to send you one (or two). Got them on a Madvapes sale for Innokin batteries that sometimes had problems with the 510 not contacting. Don't use them anymore.

Oops, should have finished reading before replying. See ya have some already - glad they worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread