Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I'm in the 30 gauge camp, not liking the ramp up/down time. Yes, more chance of deforming the coil when wicking rayon, but I'm ok with that....

Leaving the mandrel in the coil while securing the ends, then gently tugging it back to the right position before taking it out makes it easy.
Yep. I am perfectly comfortable with short draws. With my high-power wicking, I could go with longer draws, but why do it?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yepper, EMP is real!

Any device with circuitry, powered or not, and within 'range' will be disabled. If a batt has an internal cutoff circuit, *poof*.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have an EMF system designed for disruption, as opposed to physical destruction.

thumbsup.gif
to DH and fer Matti...
smiley-gets-a-big-hug_zpsl4smnmvg.gif
Yep EMP is real. The question is can we generate it in destructive quantities without a nuke?
In a lab sure but to take out all the electronics in a large area?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
We should have a hiding under the porch/in a closet hug-therapy group! I could really use it sometimes too!
free hugs anytime to all who need/want em!!!

We hafta grows up?
absolutely not, that's heresy!!!

Well his are $7.6K and every two weeks. The insurance covers except when the med provider software goes stupid.
Next year will be 'interesting' his insurance co is going HMO vs the PPO plan he is currently in.
so sorry he had to go through this, and that y'all have to watch him go through it. Is this something that's temporary, or permanent?

:cry: I'm sorry. My gear hasn't been working as well this trip as it usually does so can relate better to the frustration right now.
Yuck, sorry you're having a hard time with equipment, and not high enough nic for back seat riding. How long will you be there? Do you need someone to send you something?

Would electronics, ie: mods without batteries installed and loose batteries, still be usable after an EMP?
My mods will work for sure, batts and chargers in a faraday cage. But I'm with you, how long would we be without power. Solar panel generator? My nephew bought one, but never did anything with it, so dunno if it works. Hope we don't have to find out.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
free hugs anytime to all who need/want em!!!

absolutely not, that's heresy!!!

so sorry he had to go through this, and that y'all have to watch him go through it. Is this something that's temporary, or permanent?

Yuck, sorry you're having a hard time with equipment, and not high enough nic for back seat riding. How long will you be there? Do you need someone to send you something?

My mods will work for sure, batts and chargers in a faraday cage. But I'm with you, how long would we be without power. Solar panel generator? My nephew bought one, but never did anything with it, so dunno if it works. Hope we don't have to find out.

His condition is permanent.

Don't solar panels have electronic parts? If so, plan B might be requires.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Don't solar panels have electronic parts? If so, plan B might be requires.
didn't know that, so keep em in a faraday cage til after the pulse???

Personally I'm not terribly worried about it, but my nephew is into prepping for things, it makes him feel safer, and with some conditions he deals with, that's very important for him to feel safe. Prayers for your grandson!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011