Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
While I do use technology - I avoid it at the same time - I still like the calculator I was born with, I still like to remember phone numbers, I combine thoughts to form new thoughts - etc. Now I do use Google a lot - to pick up new knowledge -

That would be the TI -30..solar, but I still have my old one with the red light up display,
I like to remember to enter phone numbers into my addie book on this box and on my cell.
I have Tres do that for me, gosh darned new fangled smart phones...
I must have cold fingers or something 'cause that touch screen can't feel a thing.

What is the old saying - We should learn at least one new thing every day - that is what Google is good for - today I might study the Environmental/Geographic impacts of fracking or the best Pecan Pie recipes (Google is great for finding new recipes to try for all foods - not just pie).

Gopher the Pecan Pie recipes. Gub'min's gonna frack us up no matter what
Even in retirement I still build spreadsheets and databases to analyze or save things I learn - It is what we are made for - use it or lose it. I still need a whole another life time to learn all of what I want to learn.

You have a choice. Old folks on the Beach here go sit on their rockers and wait for death.
I'd rather get up off my derriere and go chase death around the block a few times.

Death is funny and a scary cat. Keeps tripping on his long black robe and falling on his bony face.
I've given up on chasing death, it's no longer as phun as it was when I was younger.

Besides, death is so scared of me it ain't funny any more.
I'm told by the BIG MAN upstairs that when my turn finally rolls around
He's gonna send some cute angels for me
'cause death is so afraid of me.

Me and The Lord had a couple of big laughs about that.
Seems ya can't get good help no place no more.

Regods<------------Yea, I can spell ;)

Hazy :2cool:

PS. try to learn at least two things per day.
They're small :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yiddleboge6

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Leaving The Back Porch Part 2 with this. It's the tree outside of my patio. The one that finally lost most of it's leaves a month ago. If you look closely you"ll see a few green leaves that refused to bow to winter.

Tree2.jpg

Attachments

• Tree1.jpg
    Tree1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Leaving The Back Porch Part 2 with this. It's the tree outside of my patio. The one that finally lost most of it's leaves a month ago. If you look closely you"ll see a few green leaves that refused to bow to winter.

View attachment 417856

Yo, I just noticed that this is the end of part 2.
I thought I saw part three and noticed not as many pages
but what do I know...?
Nobody tells me these things. I'm just an interloper in transit trucking through
waving at the old folk :D

Seriously though. That's a nice tree. I'd like to see it with it's clothes on.
Also, I noticed you changed your avi recently, if I'm not mistaken.
That's a gosh darned beautiful flag y'all have. Your avi is a nice version.

I have your flag on a sticker on my office door and I'm not even Texan.
But I have thought of moving to Austin and becoming an old Texan hippie Willie Nelson fan..
I have several of the above qualifications already. Gotta work on the other.

It's between Texas and the Czech Republic.
You know, someplace they still respect individual freedom and the right of a man to be a man.

Regards,
Hazy :2cool:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
MOUSE.gif

Hope the
sarcasm.gif
stays on the "old" back porch.

HAPPY SATURDAY PORCHERS! BIG HUGS TO ALL.

Yea, what rick said.
Too many porches now..I'm as confused as you.
I'm surprised that you seem to be sleeping lately, Toots.
Good for you.

Maybe when you're awake you'll PM me with the juicy gossip..

Regards,
Hazy:2cool:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Yea, what rick said.
Too many porches now..I'm as confused as you.
I'm surprised that you seem to be sleeping lately, Toots.
Good for you.

Maybe when you're awake you'll PM me with the juicy gossip..

Regards,
Hazy:2cool:

Who's been sleeping? Have you been missin' me?
333210d1399456311-reo-lounge-part-iv-mouse3.gif

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Seriously though - test your browser. If you read through the links Roly provided apparently all versions of FireFox are safe. But Windows Internet Explorer... :facepalm: (And a couple other browsers.)

Very roughly speaking - this one attempts to hijack data from a SSL connection - so it doesn't matter what web site you are purchasing at. Got someone out there right now blaming MFS for 5 bogus charges on their PayPal account that showed up right after they made a purchase. Drives me nutz when people do that because the site you are actually purchasing from is rarely the cause or the source of a fraud problem.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Thanks. That's very good to know. You know how you hate dry hits? Well that's pretty much how I feel about low lighting unless it's to find my way to the bathroom at night. I did find that you can't go too high with the wattage with the enclosed ceiling lights (incandescent). They get too hot. LEDs don't get hot.... :

If you are walking to the bathroom in the dark - then there is a fix for that also - they have LED motion lights - I bought a pack of 4 at Sams Club a couple of years ago that are great - use them in the bathrooms, hallway and kitchen for that late night glass of water...

I could not find the 120v version on Amazon and I am sure that Sams would not still have them after 2 years. There were plenty of battery operated ones, but I cannot speak for their value, but I love mine.

elbakan1

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Cape Coral, Florida.
"Old folks on the Beach here go sit on their rockers and wait for death.
I'd rather get up off my derriere and go chase death around the block a few times." Shady.

Man, you never disappoint. I'm gonna figure my disfigured Honda CBR1000R/R.
Collecting dust under a cover. Banned from enjoying by Her Majesty.
She may be too much of machine for me now. Buy I'm also too much of a man for her.
Either way, I can't lose. I'll go places. Maybe permanent places.
"We are here for a good time, not for a long time." -- Richie Sambora.

elby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread