Diketones will destroy vaping before they destroys your lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
People in general are pretty risk adverse. Any stock broker can tell ya THAT.

Yet, when it comes to vaping, that entire universe is turned upside down.

In my opinion, its because addiction is the driving motivator and will cause us to rationalize things that we normally wouldn't under any other circumstance. I justify cleaning my stupid mod every day and rewicking, which is a level of BS I would never tolerate if not for the addiction to nicotine.
Diketone flavorings are attached to our nicotine addiction and they enhance the feeling of satisfaction we get, so we justify and defend the use of these chemicals despite the avoidable risk they present.
This is not to say we don't accept risks, such as with processed foods and sugary drinks etc etc. When a risk is identified as avoidable, very often pressure is brought down from the market and a change is made. We see this with the fast food industry where they use safer oils to make fries and things of that nature. Still not safe, but they are safer than before, and the march goes on.
With e-liquid, we have a chance to avoid a very dangerous risk with tragic consequences. This is not about getting fat or some inconvenience like that. This is more like dying at 40 years old from a clogged artery. Industry responds to those health risks, but some of them cannot be avoided, such as eating animals fats. You must choose to eat animal fats if you want, because no one can make animal fat less dangerous to your arteries, but we can make fries safer, and we did, and we can make e-juice safer, and some of us already have.

Last edited:
Reactions: stevegmu

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
In my opinion, its because addiction is the driving motivator and will cause us to rationalize things that we normally wouldn't under any other circumstance. I justify cleaning my stupid mod every day and rewicking, which is a level of BS I would never tolerate if not for the addiction to nicotine.
Diketone flavorings are attached to our nicotine addiction and they enhance the feeling of satisfaction we get, so we justify and defend the use of these chemicals despite the avoidable risk they present.
This is not to say we don't accept risks, such as with processed foods and sugary drinks etc etc. When a risk is identified as avoidable, very often pressure is brought down from the market and a change is made. We see this with the fast food industry where they use safer oils to make fries and things of that nature. Still not safe, but they are safer than before, and the march goes on.
With e-liquid, we have a chance to avoid a very dangerous risk with tragic consequences. This is not about getting fat or some inconvenience like that. This is more like dying at 40 years old from a clogged artery. Industry responds to those health risks, but some of them cannot be avoided, such as eating animals fats. You must choose to eat animal fats if you want, because no one can make animal fat less dangerous to your arteries, but we can make fries safer, and we did, and we can make e-juice safer, and some of us already have.

How is your juice safer ?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

I really think many vapers simply don't care so much about their health. I have seen lots of pictures and videos about vape events and the California thing and more than half look like they regularly eat fast food. It is difficult to understand how one would choose a healthier lifestyle by quitting smoking only to continue with other dangerous choices...

Reactions: Moonbogg

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Artificial flavoring
I really think many vapers simply don't care so much about their health. I have seen lots of pictures and videos about vape events and the California thing and more than half look like they regularly eat fast food. It is difficult to understand how one would choose a healthier lifestyle by quitting smoking only to continue with other dangerous choices...

steve why do you even vape ?

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Why do you keep saying I am Making a Reference to Dr. F's Study?
Am I mistaken? You never once referred to Dr F's research? If not where are you getting your information from?

I really think many vapers simply don't care so much about their health. I have seen lots of pictures and videos about vape events and the California thing and more than half look like they regularly eat fast food.

Ex smokers vape because it is safer. Not sure what fast food has to do with vaping. How does one determine what a fast food eater looks like?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Artificial flavoring

steve why do you even vape ?

It is part of a healthier living choice. I am all about risk avoidance in many aspects, not just not smoking... I understand the need for some to defend their addictions to diacetyl. I used to think I would no longer enjoy Chinese-American food when they removed the MSG...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Am I mistaken? You never once referred to Dr F's research? If not where are you getting your information from?

Ex smokers vape because it is safer. Not sure what fast food has to do with vaping. How does one determine what a fast food eater looks like?

It has to do with healthier choices. Why quit smoking only to die from complications from being obese?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Give it a Rest.

Members can Search this Thread for what I have Posted. Just like you can. I think you have me Confused with Another Member.

Once again, what is this "Information" you say I have Posted here?

Why Don't you do us All a Big Favor. And Reply to a Post I have made so we know what the Hell you are even Talking About.

Reactions: YoursTruli

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
It is part of a healthier living choice. I am all about risk avoidance in many aspects, not just not smoking... I understand the need for some to defend their addictions to diacetyl. I used to think I would no longer enjoy Chinese-American food when they removed the MSG...
Can you verify your DAP-laden free juice aka "halo" wont produce the same results "health wise" as mine ?

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Give it a Rest.

Members can Search this Thread for what I have Posted. Just like you can. I think you have me Confused with Another Member.

Once again, what is this "Information" you say I have Posted here?

Why Don't you do us All a Big Favor. And Reply to a Post I have made so we know what the Hell you are even Talking About.

You are 100% right you had nothing to say about DA/AP being safe or harmful.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Their test results have been posted...
No I meant from your DAP free beta-unsaturated aldehydes and ketones, aliphatic aldehydes, aliphatic carboxylic acids, aliphatic amines, and aliphatic aromatic thiols and sulfides your vaping now, were are the clinical test results that say these are much better ?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
No I meant from your DAP free beta-unsaturated aldehydes and ketones, aliphatic aldehydes, aliphatic carboxylic acids, aliphatic amines, and aliphatic aromatic thiols and sulfides your vaping now, were are the clinical test results that say these are much better ?

I am sure they don't use potentially dangerous chemicals at levels which would be of concern. They aren't like some vendors... But you should ask on the Halo forum. I'm sure Rockin Randle or Johnny Blaze can set you straight-

Halo | E-Cigarette Forum

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Ok then. I know obese people who don't smoke, vape and rarely eat fast food.

I vape diketones, don't eat fast food and am 20lbs underweight.

I have to say, I don't understand a lot of your reasoning, or the connections you make, Steve.

It's s all about patterns not individual cases. Go to a McDonald's and you will understand, or a vape meet...
Everyone knows people who have smoked their whole lives and died old. Does that mean smoking is safe?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio

Right. We don't have any idea if non diketone flavorings will prove to be harmful either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread