Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
mod Trader is a closed group on FB. HEMO and GEM are also secret groups. mod Trader deals in high end authentics.....nothing Chinese made or clones.
I belong to several "closed" groups on FB. There's nothing secret about them. They are closed in order to keep spammers & trolls from posting random sales info on them. Like chinese clones from fastech or Alibaba. Not the general public with a legitimate interest in buying, selling, or trading.

Hemodude

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2015
Somewhere else
I belong to several "closed" groups on FB. There's nothing secret about them. They are closed in order to keep spammers & trolls from posting random sales info on them. Like chinese clones from Fastech or Alibaba. Not the general public with a legitimate interest in buying, selling, or trading.
A "Secret" group like HEMO and GEM can not be found in a search...hence "Secret". Closed merely implies that they only approve new members by vouch, and only during "open" times. For example....Mod Trader is "closed", but can be found in a search. HEMO and GEM can not.

Hemodude

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2015
Somewhere else
They make the best TC chip on the market and for me the Kanger STM best tank on the market all around. Has very near 0 static resistance and seem to last for ever. Plus parts are easily accessible.
:) I prefer the DNA40, but also have no issues with the SX350J....I have a Hurakan with one.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
A "Secret" group like HEMO and GEM can not be found in a search...hence "Secret". Closed merely implies that they only approve new members by vouch, and only during "open" times. For example....Mod Trader is "closed", but can be found in a search. HEMO and GEM can not.
Gotcha

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
They make the best TC chip on the market and for me the Kanger STM best tank on the market all around. Has very near 0 static resistance and seem to last for ever. Plus parts are easily accessible.
I know some folks love the DNA40, but I'm with you, Legs. I love the SX350J. The STM, tho - not so much. Mine leak. I'm sure it's the archer and not the arrow, but every one of 'em leaks :(

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I hope the next major new thing in vaping takes a while to get here, and I hope that titanium wire doesn't turn out to be dangerous.

In reality, the rewards of trying new stuff are often worthwhile. I prefer that emphasis to the emphasis of thinking about all the stuff that was a flash in the pan.

But please, no beryllium or platinum wire, at least for a while.

Made my first titanium coil. Not really trusting that it would have significantly higher resistance than nickel wire, I made a 7.5 wrap, 2.5 mm diameter spaced coil and got .38 ohms, more than I intended. But it's working very well in TC mode, in a Kanger Subtank on top of an iStick TC40W.

The temp is set at 290 F in Nickel wire mode because the TC40W does not have a titanium mode. The actual temperature is higher than 290 but how much higher I don't know. It has tasted really good from the get-go, no off-tastes at all. My taste is not all that sensitive but I do get offtastes during break-in for everything else I've ever used.

I don't know if the piece of Muji cotton that came with my titanium wire from Sweetspotvapors.com is contributing to the good taste. It seems a little more dense than my KGD cotton and it was pretty easy to make a wick with it.

Here's what's left of the little sample of Muji, good enough for at least 9 more wicks.
Muji.jpg

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
An interesting thing about making a titanium coil that's 0.15 to 1.0 ohms is that I can use it in either temperature control mode or in wattage mode on my mod.

After using the titanium coil for 5 hours, I'm re-evaluating my preferences and I'm just not so willing to give up Kanthal just yet. There's just something really good about vaping a Kanthal coil. It looks like this will be yet another thing that I waffle on for a good while.

Nickel, yeah, that I'm ready to give up. Interesting and good but not as good or satisfying a vape as with Kanthal or titanium. Hi Legs!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Does an Orchid chimney fit on a Kayfun base?

Ok, 'twas time to rebuild one of my KFs.

Short answer - no.

The KF base is a smaller diameter than my Orchid.

However, the tanks and tops appear to be interchangeable. I.e. the Orchid tank and top will fit the KF base, and vice versa.

But the evap chamber and chimneys are not the same size.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Short answer - no.

The KF base is a smaller diameter than my Orchid.

However, the tanks and tops appear to be interchangeable. I.e. the Orchid tank and top will fit the KF base, and vice versa.

But the evap chamber and chimneys are not the same size.
Thanks. I thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread