Diketones will destroy vaping before they destroys your lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Bruh you are the one quoting stuff so the onus is on you to provide evidence that your not just making it up. Unless...

Nope. There has been plenty of stuff posted in this thread already. That video alone, all by itself, it reason enough to avoid diketones like the damn plague.

Reactions: stevegmu

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego
Nope. There has been plenty of stuff posted in this thread already. That video alone, all by itself, it reason enough to avoid diketones like the damn plague.

There's plenty of inflammatory rhetoric that you keep screaming at people. Sources for your quotes...not so much

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
If desperate people want to take Chantix it is on them; just as if people choose to smoke or vape diacetyl rich e-liquids. At least Chantix comes with a warning...

The "Healthy" vaping master has once Again blessed us all with more fortifying information !

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Jman8, that's a lot of text you just threw at me. The bottom line is that Diketones present a serious health risk and vapers consume more of it than ever before. I moved no goal post and if you read my previous posts you'd know that my only concern is not full blown popcorn lung disease It is lung damage/dysfunction caused by diketones from vaping. Lots of great reasons to think I am right to be concerned. I am genuinely mystified by your resistance here.

Part of my resistance is that you are not presenting evidence for reasonable concern. You are saying diketones destroy lung tissues, and not backing that up. I believe you can cite things to somewhat back up that claim, but not for vaping. I think you know that evidence does not exist, but are harping on chemicals that have been shown to be associated with lung damage.

Another part of my resistance is that these chemicals have been inhaled in great numbers (well over alleged safety limits) for essentially the last hundred years (maybe last 3000) by smokers, and yet the evidence that you could provide wouldn't really take that into account. So, you are saying it ought to be removed from vaping, across the board, even while smokers who have inhaled it have not shown the specific condition that is primary focus on this ongoing debate.

Overwhelming part of my resistance is that you think your fears ought to apply to everyone else. I would suggest if your fear is this great that the thread ought to really only be about, "I will be stopping vaping very soon because I am scared to death that vaping will destroy my lungs."

I would say that vaping air will plausibly destroy a persons lungs. Just as safe to play the "we don't know" and "don't have long term data" on that, and so is nearly as sensible to me to argue that just cause we don't have any reported cases of vaping air causing lung damage, doesn't mean we won't at some point, and who's going to say vaping air is healthy for lungs? That we aren't vaping air, and instead are vaping things that are very unlikely to increase lung function, while very possibly manifesting in some degree of damage, would be possible reason to avoid it altogether. Until you realize that there are lots and lots of things on the planet that are inhaled by lots and lots of people (arguably all of us) that will produce lung damage.

Knowing that everyone that has ever lived here has or will die because of things found in this place does make for more reasonable concern for fear. And yet, even this fear can be overcome.

I advocate a safer vaping experience by telling the truth of the dangers of diketones, and you tell me "just don't vape". Wow. Just wow. You treat me like non smokers treat smokers.

Let me know when you get to the part about telling the truth about vaping diketones. I'll be sure to sit up and take notice.

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Everything in the Real World is Trade-Off.

For me, the Trade-Off is Going Back to Smoking vs. Vaping. My Choice is to Vape.

---

How I got to Unflavored and HOF.

I resisted using RBA's for a Long Time. Sure, I tried a them over the years. But I was fine with my 15% Flavored DIY e-liquids in Clearos. And when the Clears I liked were going to be Discontinued, I bought about 300 of the Direct from China. I have a Lifetime Supply.

But with All thing e-Cigarettes, the Lure of New Hardware taunted me. And when the Sub-Ohm-ing became all the Rage, I had to try it to see what all the Fuss was About. So I did. And I liked it in a RBA at .7 ~ 1.0 Ohms. Liked it Much Better than my Clears.

But that was Also when the Problems started.

I started to have Occasional Chest Pains. And Tight Breathing sometimes. I chalked it up to Using more ml/day, I went from about 3ml/day to about 8ml/day. Maybe it was the VG? Or maybe Vaping at Lower Ohms and Higher Wattages? I tried using Less ml/day. But that Didn't work too well.

Also thought maybe that all those Years of Smoking (25+) might have Finally caught up to me. Vaping maybe Better than Smoking. And people see Immediate benefits when they switch. But I don't think that Vaping can Turn Back the Clock Completely on many/most Long Term Smokers. Maybe I was just starting to Shut Down?

Then I read a Post from someone who was Very Similar to Me. A DIY-er who had Switched from Clearos to a Low-Ohm RBA and was having Chest Pains. Someone Suggested cutting the Flavoring Level back. Sounded like a Good idea.

So I tried it. I cut my Flavoring down to 10%. And things seemed to get Better over the next Month or so. So I cut it Again. This time to 7%. And once again, I wasn't getting the Pains or Tightness in my Chest like I was when I used 15% Flavoring.

Then I started to Using Unflavored every other Tank. And Realized that the Small amount of Flavored e-Liquid that was left in the Tank was Actually flavoring the Unflavored quite a Bit. And even Virgin Tanks with Pure Unflavored tasted good. Kinda Refreshing.

I have Tried using my Old 15% Flavored e-Liquids once and awhile. I just can't Do it. They just don't taste good anymore. It's like when you get off using Salt all your Foods. If you go back, it just tastes too Salty.

Today, the Chest Pains and Tightness in my Chest is Gone. And have been for Months. And I am probably vaping Closer to 10ml/day. And at Slightly Higher Wattages.

All good anecdotal evidence for why you will not vape flavors like you used to. I think it is a sufficient reason for yourself, as you had experienced chest pains.

I must say I do wonder about flavorless, but only wonder and do not have reason to be concerned, but am fairly certain it isn't harmless. Am curious if chest pains came back and you were only vaping flavorless what your course of action might be?

But this is not evidence that I feel is applicable across the board. If vaping was producing chest pains in majority of its users, I feel confident we would all know this. Thus, the evidence today regarding vaping flavors, even with everything that's been tossed at it, is so far showing it is relatively harmless. Not 100% harmless, but I am 100% certain that no one reading this can name something that is 100% harmless.

I am curious why a person who vapes flavorless would vocally advocate for vendors to provide disclosure / lab results for flavored eLiquid that they sell? If there is a reasonable concern for say those making the switch that may not know what we know, I'd like to be clear on what it is we think we know. Hence my previous post saying let us look at the evidence that is presented to us right now / today.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Those who vape diacetyl reich e-liquids should by all means. I encourage it, actually. But to not want to even know if it is bad, or have others know if the e-liquid they are vaping contains it is a bit odd...

And to assume its bad when current evidence is showing that it is relatively harmless is just plain bizarre...

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Those who vape diacetyl reich e-liquids should by all means. I encourage it, actually. But to not want to even know if it is bad, or have others know if the e-liquid they are vaping contains it is a bit odd...

I'm sure your Yugo is still going strong too.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
And to assume its bad when current evidence is showing that it is relatively harmless is just plain bizarre...

I actually believe the video and Kurt and Dr. F and the vendors who have decided to never include diacetyl in their e-liquids . Some call them ANTZ, but when it comes down to trusting accredited researchers and erring on the side of caution or people trying desperately to defend their addictions, I choose to believe the researchers and err on the side of caution...

Reactions: Moonbogg

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I actually believe the video and Kurt and Dr. F and the vendors who have decided to never include diacetyl in their e-liquids . Some call them ANTZ, but when it comes down to trusting accredited researchers and erring on the side of caution or people trying desperately to defend their addictions, I choose to believe the researchers and err on the side of caution...

Err on the side of fear, you mean. And it is plainly bizarre to do so given the evidence. Bring Dr. F. and Kurt into this discussion if you feel you have points that equal to reasonable caution. IMO, you do not and have adopted ANTZ logic to think you are only sane person in the discussion, ya know, cause we are all just hopeless addicts, to you.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Err on the side of fear, you mean. And it is plainly bizarre to do so given the evidence. Bring Dr. F. and Kurt into this discussion if you feel you have points that equal to reasonable caution. IMO, you do not and have adopted ANTZ logic to think you are only sane person in the discussion, ya know, cause we are all just hopeless addicts, to you.

Some also simply don't care about their health. It's their choice and a choice it should be, not that of shady vendors who seek to deceive their customers...

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Jman, you said smokers have been inhaling diketones with no signs of diketone specific lung damage. Jman, smokers get COPD. That is an obstructive lung disease, coincidentally that's what happens to people exposed to diketones. Whether its from a factory, a cigarette, a bag of popcorn, or perhaps even a sub ohm tank, diketones are causing damage to people's lungs. You now there is evidence of this and good reason to be concerned, but you are trying to make me run in circles and go crazy all over the web looking for rock solid "PROOF" that vaping will give you popcorn lung.
I'm not playing forum games with you. I am doing my part to warn people about diketones and to advocate safer juices.

Reactions: stevegmu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread