Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I measured it after trying a 12 mm and thought it might be a bit too snug.

The 14 mm was snug but not overly tight.

Landman,

Thanks for the picture.

Well I always knew I couldn't think in metric very well but I sure blew this one.

I don't know what I was thinking but in my mind I was envisioning something about the diameter of a pencil which is something I have a ton of for other applications. For some reason when I read the original post that is what came to mind and I just couldn't see something like what was in my mind's eye fitting that build deck.

Now I just feel really dumb!!!

Sorry for the confusion I caused.

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
Got mine in yesterday!!! I didn't even open the comp wire yet, just twisted some 28ga kanthal and threw 8 wraps around a 1/8th drill bit, came out to 1 ohm. I still have yet to have it leak while filling, but I do get a bit out the air holes if I keep the JFC all the way open. Still getting the feel for it but IMHO this thing's a winner!

-Kingboomer

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Well thanks guys, you made me order a bag of 50 o-rings with a 10mm OD! It cost me a whopping $0.89 so now i'll just search for a clearomizer that can handle those rings! ;-)

Leo,

From what everyone is saying your 10 mm OD O-rings should work just fine.

Reactions: Leo Bak

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Leo,

From what everyone is saying your 10 mm OD O-rings should work just fine.
Sorry, I should have clarified earlier, used a 10mm ID oring myself. It looks like 14 would probably be more optimal maybe? I tried 10mm ID because it was what I had handy, and thought if it strectched out a bit it would obstruct the juice channels less, which I don't really think I should have been concerned about because it seemed fine.

Now I just chuck a bunch of cotton in a nasty looking Clapton and don't bother with the juice control.

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
So I found a trick that made it easier for me to wrap on the serpent. I looked at where the holes were and tried wrapping lefty with it but didn't turn out any better and my coil looked like crap.

So I just decided to try going righty again and wrapping from the underside of the screw driver counter clockwise instead of above and clockwise like normal. It was a little awkward wrapping but I had absolutely no fighting with the deck to get the coil in.

For anyone who has trouble with the offset post holes it may be worth a shot.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
So I found a trick that made it easier for me to wrap on the serpent. I looked at where the holes were and tried wrapping lefty with it but didn't turn out any better and my coil looked like crap.

So I just decided to try going righty again and wrapping from the underside of the screw driver counter clockwise instead of above and clockwise like normal. It was a little awkward wrapping but I had absolutely no fighting with the deck to get the coil in.

For anyone who has trouble with the offset post holes it may be worth a shot.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
Yes that's how i wrap them too now. It took me at least 3 coils before i realized i could do it that way. Starting from underneath ccw.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The oring fix has worked some what. My tank is leaking less but I'm still seeing some juice seeping out of one of the air holes but it just sits in front of the closed part of the AFC but occasionally runs down onto my mod. With the flavor and vapor as good as it is and the atty pretty cheap, I can live with this problem.

I may have one with the jumping ohms though. I've see it go from .4 to .5 and I can tell when it happens because I get a warm vape at the start and then a hot vape at the finish of my draw. :cry:

I so love my SS Serpents. :)

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Good to hear HD! A 3mm ID (ss316l, 26G, 6 wraps -> 0.4 Ohm) coil has enough room to put a sufficient amount of cotton through it, to cover the deck and a small part of the juice channels, and prevent serious leaking. Some tiny drops maybe coming out of the afc, only right after filling. I should maybe try the extra o-ring, as soon as they arrive.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Good to hear HD! A 3mm ID (ss316l, 26G, 6 wraps -> 0.4 Ohm) coil has enough room to put a sufficient amount of cotton through it, to cover the deck and a small part of the juice channels, and prevent serious leaking. Some tiny drops maybe coming out of the afc, only right after filling. I should maybe try the extra o-ring, as soon as they arrive.
Yeah, I loaded the cotton up pretty good.

HD

Reactions: Heartsdelight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread