How is vaping in public recieved in your country/area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
HI I'm in Canada and I see people vaping all the time in public
Good to know that. Couple of Canadian told us in this thread about banning some flavors and Nic liquid. How about your place, you have no problem purchasing any juices?

Videonut

Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
Canada
In Canada there is a bill S5 going through readings and changes. As I understand it and according to Health Canada flavours and nicotine won't be banned. However flavours will need to labeled as not to entice children to vape. So names of candies and things like butterscotch and deserts will need relabeling.
Health Canada sees vaping as harm reduction, mentioned on regulator watch .com, so that is good but there is a clause to do with "no comparison" which means that you can't promote vaping as less harmful. So essentially even HC couldn't say less harmful in there own documents.
The vapers lobby is pushing to have this removed from the bill along with some other points of contension.

btw, regulatorwatch has some good interviews with vapers groups and government officials

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
In Canada there is a bill S5 going through readings and changes. As I understand it and according to Health Canada flavours and nicotine won't be banned. However flavours will need to labeled as not to entice children to vape. So names of candies and things like butterscotch and deserts will need relabeling.
Health Canada sees vaping as harm reduction, mentioned on regulator watch .com, so that is good but there is a clause to do with "no comparison" which means that you can't promote vaping as less harmful. So essentially even HC couldn't say less harmful in there own documents.
The vapers lobby is pushing to have this removed from the bill along with some other points of contension.

btw, regulatorwatch has some good interviews with vapers groups and government officials

It sounds acceptable to me. Thank you for sharpening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
In Denmark there is the TPD, which is annoying, but vaping has really grown lately. Many nonsmokers dont fully understand it as a healthier alternative yet though.

Same here. Non smokers don't know the difference between vapor and smoke. Thank you for sharing.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
Same here. Non smokers don't know the difference between vapor and smoke. Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure. I think there is much hope that there will be less bs about dangers of vaping in the future. Maybe we can even hope some regulations will be pulled. Id like to be able to buy nicotine liquid beyond 10 ml bottles again. Not to mention the 2 ml max tanks.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This year I've really noticed it picking up speed, new vape shops popping up now that it can be imported, I think you had to order it online up until last year. And where you usually see smokers, you'll see clouds swirling around instead, now I really notice how many vaping people there are.

I don't know if it's society accepted yet, but most of the people I've talked too think it's great that smokers are throwing it in for vape, I haven't come across any negativity over it yet.

I think there is some import issues on nicotine already mixed, I'd have to find that out. Think they mix in the shops it can't come in pre mixed, but not 100%. That will change though no doubt, us Kiwi's are spoilt buggers hidden away down here, and when we moan and do protest marches things change pretty quickly!!

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
This year I've really noticed it picking up speed, new vape shops popping up now that it can be imported, I think you had to order it online up until last year. And where you usually see smokers, you'll see clouds swirling around instead, now I really notice how many vaping people there are.

I don't know if it's society accepted yet, but most of the people I've talked too think it's great that smokers are throwing it in for vape, I haven't come across any negativity over it yet.

I think there is some import issues on nicotine already mixed, I'd have to find that out. Think they mix in the shops it can't come in pre mixed, but not 100%. That will change though no doubt, us Kiwi's are spoilt buggers hidden away down here, and when we moan and do protest marches things change pretty quickly!!
I can see good atmosphere you have in New Zealand. I have been to New Zealand but that was like twenty years ago when there are no vape things around.:)

Thank you for sharing.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
To Denmark? For personal use, I believe you can. I sort of skimmed it, here. But you can peruse at leisure (and all the rest of you travelers also) it's a rather comprehensive guide. Not travelling, so didn't read the entire thing. :)

Travelling with E-Cigs: Essential Need to Know! Updated 04/8/16

Anna
Oh, this is a good site to tell what is happening in many countries! Since they have done that there I guess I don't have to summarize the info here.:D

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

If I am not mistaken NZ had or were warming up to adding some pretty strict vape laws until the 'powers that be' there saw the movie "A Billion Lives". Fortunately the New Zealand leaders seem to care more for the public's health than some other countries do and chose to do the right thing.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Another Michigan vaper. Not much interference from the state, but local laws and regs are the usual silliness.
City (Ann Arbor): no vaping on any city-owned property, including public parks.
County (Washtenaw): no vaping anywhere smoking is banned.

Nonetheless, I stealth vape almost anywhere. I carry a small towel (about the size of a large washcloth) and grab a fold to exhale through; no visible vapor. I do vape strong, but totally unflavored juice (65 mg/ml, 68/32 PG/VG) so with the short puffs I take there isn't a whole lot of vapor to absorb. No one ever notices moving the rig to the mouth, but a moving stream of vapor would catch eyes from 50 or 100 feet away.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Another Michigan vaper. Not much interference from the state, but local laws and regs are the usual silliness.
City (Ann Arbor): no vaping on any city-owned property, including public parks.
County (Washtenaw): no vaping anywhere smoking is banned.

Nonetheless, I stealth vape almost anywhere. I carry a small towel (about the size of a large washcloth) and grab a fold to exhale through; no visible vapor. I do vape strong, but totally unflavored juice (65 mg/ml, 68/32 PG/VG) so with the short puffs I take there isn't a whole lot of vapor to absorb. No one ever notices moving the rig to the mouth, but a moving stream of vapor would catch eyes from 50 or 100 feet away.
Like the idea about the cloth. We've exhaled into our shirts when we thought we had too. Sucks about Washtenaw and Ann Arbor. Shouldn't be surprised, "you know what" has been de-facto legal in the City of Ann Arbor for decades. You know how that goes...

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
I'm in AZ too, heh, the laws around here are interesting. Technically, it's vape anywhere, though of course I imagine that will change, given time. TECHNICALLY vaping is exempted from any tobacco laws. Truly, I could walk into a crowded theater and vape, openly. (I wouldn't) I wouldn't because folks here in Tucson (including the local law enforcement) seem to think the laws vary WILDLY depending on their personalities and what kind of day they are having, so it's just... Not a good idea. The homeless are allowed to live in the "parks" and they smoke cigarettes there all the time not to mention everything else, but it's good to know that "technically" I can vape in AZ's parks, too. Only EXCEPT in the process of mentioning that to whatever officer is having a bad day, I'd probably wind up with an "resisting arrest" charge, and they'd drop the vape one, but then I'd have to deal with being unruly and paying my lawyer tons of money or using a public defender and neither option appeals. :) Maybe as I age I am growing more law abiding, it's just hard to do when the laws "in play" vary wildly from situation to situation.

Le Sigh. At least I can manage my life without "vapeeverywhere" really, I can stop vaping and put it away....

Anna

No way in hell I would live in AZ I live in Texas and it is too damn hot here, at any rate, I do not go out that much when I do I do not see many Vapers but that I think is due to the fact that when I do go out it is normally around 2am and there are not many people out. There was one night I went to Wally World and after a stressful shopping trip I sat in the parking lot in my car Vaping I managed to cloud up my car and had blue flashy lights pop on behind me and a knock on my window I get "oh okay well that is the first time I have been hit with a cloud that smelled like apples and not weed" Here in Fort Worth it seems you can not really vape in public at least the places I go, I am not too clear on where you can and can not since again I don't really go anywhere I do find it funny that I can carry my gun more places than I can vape and even funnier to me as of September 1 I can carry a Sword (I really love Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread