Status
Not open for further replies.

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Just read all 60 pages.... Really pondering scooping up a KMv3. The KFL and KFL+ were my first RTAs and helped me quit 10+ years of death sticks. After the whole cloudchasing phase passed, I found myself looking back to RTAs, but needing something with a more open draw. Many reviewers tend to prefer open/direct lung hits and consider the KMv3 to be more of a MTL draw. Do any of you have any experience with the Lemo2 and how it compares as far as draw/airflow and flavor?
I don't, sorry

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Just read all 60 pages.... Really pondering scooping up a KMv3. The KFL and KFL+ were my first RTAs and helped me quit 10+ years of death sticks. After the whole cloudchasing phase passed, I found myself looking back to RTAs, but needing something with a more open draw. Many reviewers tend to prefer open/direct lung hits and consider the KMv3 to be more of a MTL draw. Do any of you have any experience with the Lemo2 and how it compares as far as draw/airflow and flavor?
I believe Dusty_D has a Lemo2, or was it DavidOH? Don't know if either have the KF3. ;)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm not sure how close the lemo drop is to the 2, but I did purchase the drop about 6 months back. It's not being used currently, mainly because it's a pain to fill and although it's kind of small, it just feels bulky imo. Anyways i don't know if this is will mean anything to you, as you may have never vaped the drop, but in terms of airflow, the drop,imo seems to be just slightly more open then the km3 (at the km3 ' s most open setting). Personally, and I know this is subjective, I can comfortably do lung hits with the km3 and imo, they don't feel restrictive, but then again, I never really got into true sub ohm tanks with massive air holes either, so it's hard to really compare. As for flavor , the km3 is better then the drop, more quite then the drop, built a thousand times better then the drop, and just an overall better experience as well. One thing, compared to the drop, the build deck is alot smaller and you really can't make those big coils like I could in the drop. Also the km3 is not going to vape as high of a wattage as my drop, I could vape the drop close to 35 watts with no problems but the km3 is not really designed that way. I think 25 for the km3 is about its high end without flavor degradation and at 25 watts the flavor and vapor is better then the drop at 35. Anyways this info might be worthless if you don't have a drop but it's the closest to the lemo 2 that I have tried.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL

I still use my Lemo2 on a daily basis, not all day, but it's always there... my GF loves her too, we have a total of 3. I love the draw and airflow in the Lemo2, one of my favorite actually. I usually have the airflow about halfway open, 30-35 watts. The KM3 is very different and a lot tighter, it is nowhere near the airflow of the Lemo2, even wide open, still a lot tighter than the Lemo2 half open. The KM3 has the perfect amount of airflow for me, I love the draw and love the amount of vapor that comes out, don't need more, don't need less ;)

Flavor has always been excellent in the Lemo2, for me, it's not necessarily better or worse than the K4 and KM3, it's different, and it really depends on the juice I'm using. I used to vape my ADV (RY4) in the Lemo2 only, until I bought my first K4. Now it's in the KM3 and it's staying there. That being said, there are some juices that I did not care for in both Kayfuns and prefer to vape them in the Lemo2. All HHV NETs have been outstanding in the Kayfuns, more so in the K4, but that's just me.

L-TR41N

Feb 24, 2016
California
I'm not sure how close the lemo drop is to the 2, but I did purchase the drop about 6 months back. It's not being used currently, mainly because it's a pain to fill and although it's kind of small, it just feels bulky imo. Anyways i don't know if this is will mean anything to you, as you may have never vaped the drop, but in terms of airflow, the drop,imo seems to be just slightly more open then the km3 (at the km3 ' s most open setting). Personally, and I know this is subjective, I can comfortably do lung hits with the km3 and imo, they don't feel restrictive, but then again, I never really got into true sub ohm tanks with massive air holes either, so it's hard to really compare. As for flavor , the km3 is better then the drop, more quite then the drop, built a thousand times better then the drop, and just an overall better experience as well. One thing, compared to the drop, the build deck is alot smaller and you really can't make those big coils like I could in the drop. Also the km3 is not going to vape as high of a wattage as my drop, I could vape the drop close to 35 watts with no problems but the km3 is not really designed that way. I think 25 for the km3 is about its high end without flavor degradation and at 25 watts the flavor and vapor is better then the drop at 35. Anyways this info might be worthless if you don't have a drop but it's the closest to the lemo 2 that I have tried.

I own the original Lemo as well as the Lemo2. I appreciate the comparison. This thread just made me miss my Kayfuns so I may just buy one to have one haha. It's hard to match the build quality of Svoemesto products.

L-TR41N

Feb 24, 2016
California
I still use my Lemo2 on a daily basis, not all day, but it's always there... my GF loves her too, we have a total of 3. I love the draw and airflow in the Lemo2, one of my favorite actually. I usually have the airflow about halfway open, 30-35 watts. The KM3 is very different and a lot tighter, it is nowhere near the airflow of the Lemo2, even wide open, still a lot tighter than the Lemo2 half open. The KM3 has the perfect amount of airflow for me, I love the draw and love the amount of vapor that comes out, don't need more, don't need less ;)

Flavor has always been excellent in the Lemo2, for me, it's not necessarily better or worse than the K4 and KM3, it's different, and it really depends on the juice I'm using. I used to vape my ADV (RY4) in the Lemo2 only, until I bought my first K4. Now it's in the KM3 and it's staying there. That being said, there are some juices that I did not care for in both Kayfuns and prefer to vape them in the Lemo2. All HHV NETs have been outstanding in the Kayfuns, more so in the K4, but that's just me.

Great feedback! I would prefer the Lemo2 fully open as far as airflow, but each vape has its own strengths in my opinion. I remember trying the same e-juice in all types of atomizers and the Kayfuns always brought out different flavor profiles. My daily vape is a watermelon menthol in an RTA. I prefer dessert vapes or custards in an RDA or sub ohm tanks. I do own a Griffin, but it's just a little too much for me. Either way, I think the KMv3 is definitely on the list for my next purchase. Thanks again for your input. The community in this thread is spectacular.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So first thing I noticed when disassembling my new KM3 is the spacers on the insulator. I don't know how well you can see in the photo (my camera sucks) but the positive block on the deck is now pegged on the insulator so it cannot twist. Notice the spacers on the lower half of each vertical slot. This is the only difference I see between my first KM3 purchased in February versus this one that arrived today.

IMG_6711 (Small).JPG

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL
So first thing I noticed when disassembling my new KM3 is the spacers on the insulator. I don't know how well you can see in the photo (my camera sucks) but the positive block on the deck is now pegged on the insulator so it cannot twist. Notice the spacers on the lower half of each vertical slot. This is the only difference I see between my first KM3 purchased in February versus this one that arrived today.

View attachment 550083

Good to know! Didn't know they've made changes. And congrats on #2!

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL
Great feedback! I would prefer the Lemo2 fully open as far as airflow, but each vape has its own strengths in my opinion. I remember trying the same e-juice in all types of atomizers and the Kayfuns always brought out different flavor profiles. My daily vape is a watermelon menthol in an RTA. I prefer dessert vapes or custards in an RDA or sub ohm tanks. I do own a Griffin, but it's just a little too much for me. Either way, I think the KMv3 is definitely on the list for my next purchase. Thanks again for your input. The community in this thread is spectacular.

You can't go wrong with the KM3, it has it all... easiest to build/wick, easiest to fill and easiest juice flow control, excellent vapor and flavor. Two things that might be considered cons, airflow adjustment and juice capacity. But once the airflow is set I just forget about it, and refilling it is so simple/fast that capacity is not really an issue for me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good to know! Didn't know they've made changes. And congrats on #2!
I didn't know there were any changes either. Actually, this is just a tweak but a nice one. One of the cons I have seen about the KM3 is the posi block twisting. In most cases it can be cinched down and it never rears its ugly head again (as was the case with my first KM3). The insulator modification solves this problem.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I didn't know there were any changes either. Actually, this is just a tweak but a nice one. One of the cons I have seen about the KM3 is the posi block twisting. In most cases it can be cinched down and it never rears its ugly head again (as was the case with my first KM3). The insulator modification solves this problem.
It is a nice upgrade to the Mini...

And can be purchased also.

5eab3e88170d4e953f62a0a5f478d1d3.jpg

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL
I was wondering if they could be had separately. Where did you find those?

Just looked it up...

"Kayfun Mini V3 - insulators kit including all 3 insulators.

With improved deck insulator to prevent short circuit by holding the positive block in place."

Link

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Perfecto from the first puff...

View attachment 550102
I'm soo jealous. ... I need another km3 as well and after this trip I'm gonna get my second.. I only brought 2 set ups here this week and have realized that I'm actually preferring the flavor of the km3 to my beloved erlkonigin. At home I vape about 6 different set ups throughout the day and I really don't get that individual comparison, but solely vaping just the 2 for almost the last week, I find myself taking the km3 out with me more then the erlk. I have both tanks filled with dragons fire and at least with that juice, the flavor from the km3 is definitely better. Yesterday I was out and wanted to look at the coil in the km3 and once it was separated, I dropped the tank glass section on the concrete floor , my heart stopped (because I didn't bring the spare glass tank) and thought for sure it was done, but I got lucky and nothing actually happened to it[emoji16] . Cool to see the new upgrade bronze, very cool

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm soo jealous. ... I need another km3 as well and after this trip I'm gonna get my second.. I only brought 2 set ups here this week and have realized that I'm actually preferring the flavor of the km3 to my beloved erlkonigin. At home I vape about 6 different set ups throughout the day and I really don't get that individual comparison, but solely vaping just the 2 for almost the last week, I find myself taking the km3 out with me more then the erlk. I have both tanks filled with dragons fire and at least with that juice, the flavor from the km3 is definitely better. Yesterday I was out and wanted to look at the coil in the km3 and once it was separated, I dropped the tank glass section on the concrete floor , my heart stopped (because I didn't bring the spare glass tank) and thought for sure it was done, but I got lucky and nothing actually happened to it[emoji16] . Cool to see the new upgrade bronze, very cool

I put my Caramel Apple Tobacco in the new KM3 and it lit up just as I expected. I honestly cannot detect any flavor drop between my dripper and this KM3. So I'm pretty much set having a KM3 for each of my top two flavors. I will continue to use my drippers for the Apache. That is a major coil gunker. :)

I just checked and HHV is down to 7 units in stock. It was 11 after I ordered my KM3 on Sunday morning.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I still get 0 flavor and the wicks burns by the end of the tank. It looks saturated too, weird. So spaced 2.1mm coil didn't work either. I am running out of options. I think I will sell this.
I wish I knew what to say. Your experience is running contrary to the masses for some reason. I'd be happy to build it for you if you send it to me. sometimes when the thing is in working condition you can see how it is done. Think about it. and who knows, I might see something askew with your KM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread