Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Can you add a text message to the video?

I was also thinking that while it seems like a long process it is due to the video and the time it takes to explain things. In real time, you'd whip that wick out in no time. I think people understand that.
A text message to video[emoji12] ? No but I was thinking on increasing the quality of the video and I can add a quotation while I'm there. I need to ask Q about the quality thing. See when I shot the video, I did it in the highest standard quality but after I edited it in live movie maker , you have to do a final save. I did this save "to computer" which is like 650x450, I then did the upload to utube. But I can also save the video in the aspect it was shot in but I didn't think it would be that different but it was. I think it was shot in like 1100x 700 (or something like that) and was just wondering if I can upload that? I also could of shot the video in hi def, but I wasn't sure if movie maker edits that or if it would upload to utube? If anyone knows this about utube, let me know..... see when I do my dive videos, I always do them in hi def, but I use a different editing software and then I just burn a dvd, I have yet to upload any of my dive stuff to utube

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Can you add a text message to the video?

I was also thinking that while it seems like a long process it is due to the video and the time it takes to explain things. In real time, you'd whip that wick out in no time. I think people understand that.
Oh you mean that text message.... I was thinking of a phone text, that's why I smiled... yes it's an annotation and I just might do that

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh you mean that text message.... I was thinking of a phone text, that's why I smiled... yes it's an annotation and I just might do that

Yes, this is what I meant. I often see people add text to a scene they shot.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes, this is what I meant. I often see people add text to a scene they shot.
Yep, sorry about that, I should have known what you meant... it's not that hard to add that, I just have to edit it in utube..... should be pretty easy.... I would just feel responsible if someone decided to take a big wrench and tighten that sucker and break the device

Reactions: AstroTurf

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yep, sorry about that, I should have known what you meant... it's not that hard to add that, I just have to edit it in utube..... should be pretty easy.... I would just feel responsible if someone decided to take a big wrench and tighten that sucker and break the device

A text message would fix it all up. Any time you see a proportionally big nut on one end and a skinny thread on the other it is susceptible to snapping. The big nut gives a false sense of what the threaded end can handle...especially when you have a big ole wrench in your hand. :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You are a perfectionist! :)
Nice video, lot of helpful stuff. Thanks for making/sharing.
Thank you sir.... I do consider myself a perfectionist when it comes to my work, especially when it comes to intricate marble work, also with my vaping, and especially diving. With diving, you really need to be that way because it's potentially your life. Thanks for watching

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks @vapdivrr for a great video! Loved the HHV Dragon's Fire shout out too. :thumbs:

Just let me know when you want it added to the OP, and I'll post it. If you're adding text, the link may change when you re-upload.

I'm curious about what you were doing with the needle tip (was it a needle tip?) when you initially fired the coil. Scraping like that helps the coil connection? I have a coil winder that I love, that makes beautiful, tight looking coils. But the coil legs are hot on the first fire. I've been pinching with a micro wrench to fix that but what you were doing looks a lot more elegant and easier too.

L-TR41N

Feb 24, 2016
California
Thanks @vapdivrr for a great video! Loved the HHV Dragon's Fire shout out too. :thumbs:

Just let me know when you want it added to the OP, and I'll post it. If you're adding text, the link may change when you re-upload.

I'm curious about what you were doing with the needle tip (was it a needle tip?) when you initially fired the coil. Scraping like that helps the coil connection? I have a coil winder that I love, that makes beautiful, tight looking coils. But the coil legs are hot on the first fire. I've been pinching with a micro wrench to fix that but what you were doing looks a lot more elegant and easier too.

It's considered "strumming". A fresh wrapped, single-strand, contact coil that hasn't been fired will initially have some uneveness until heated through by pulsing your coil. Strumming is a simple technique that helps fix most issues with uneveness regardless of the type of build. If you look closely at when his coil starts to glow, the area/part in which he was strumming started to glow nicely, but the area closest to the other lead wire wasn't. He rotates his setup 180 degrees and does the same to the other side and quickly resolves that issue. Pinching right off the bat can disturb the formation of your coil and create imperfections in your wrap that may not have been there beforehand (especially with thinner gauge wires). Strumming, for me, is the easiest way to reduce the likelihood of self-induced errors. In my opinion, pinching should be done after the coil is already firing evenly. Apologies for the lengthy explanation. I hope what I described was accurate according to my own experiences lol

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

Thanks you for watching and I appreciate the offer on adding it, but I think robin is doing it..... L-TR41N gave a great explanation of the method and it works really good. I'm not really sure of why it does, but I think it slightly separates the coils so oxidation can occur in between each wrap. Before this method was even named, every time I made a contact coil , it always shorted out and no matter how many times I squeezed it, it really never glowed. I then assumed I made the coil too tight and once I inserted the blade from a razor, to ever so slightly separate some wraps, the coil started to glow. Btw, yes that is a blunt tip needle that's not so blunt.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I was just looking at this bottle that I use to store my cotton in and it looks just like the juice flow system on the km3
1462452941821.jpg
1462452941821.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread