Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Hi All, so got my kayfun mini 3 today. It's beautiful and deck is SOOO much smaller than I dreamed it would be based on photos and videos of it. I read everything that came with kayfun mini 3 that was in English, cleaned it, lubed it (thanks Quorox) and put a coil I'd made on it. I could not see well and needed a magnifying glass to check everything. The coil registered 1.82ish ohms on my mod, but I could not get the coils to glow, despite squeezing it to compress and strumming it, lol. I really think I NEED one of those dealies you wear for close up work. I read in a post of vapedivers (sp) from spring of last year, that he uses them. What are they called again, please? And also, if someone could recommend a decent reasonably priced one if know of one? Only other thing I can think of is to get a lot stronger reading glasses. Thanks!

I just grabbed a cheap jewler's visor from harbor freight. Works well and doesn't tie up my hands.

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
HI to those of you that wanted to purchase another KFM v3 from HHV, a note yesterday from Emily (HHV Manager) no plans to order more! :(

This is surprising to me, but I'm sure Heather's Heavenly Vapes must have their reasons. When I ordered mine from Origin Vapes last week, I must have gotten their last one, as they're out of stock with a waiting list.
I had some e-liquid imported once from the U.K. for my personal use and between shipping and import charges (was most definitely stopped as a result of how seller described contents, and he only paid for half of the extra charges ) I decided just not worth it!! So added ordering again to my list of things not to repeat. All to say, between cost and shipping, maybe too slim a profit margin for HHV'to order more? JAWAG tho

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
I just grabbed a cheap jewler's visor from harbor freight. Works well and doesn't tie up my hands.

Thanks, Ca Ike! I found a pair of jewelers visors on Amazon and should get them tomorrow. In meantime, I used a nice Desk light when building another coil last night. This time it lit up with a really nice glow right away! So, have taken vapes for 1st time ever from my my first rebuildable ever - my Km3! YAY! I used my all time favorite, which is a NET e-liquid and was surprised at how much smoother the vape is, although I must admit, I was expecting my e-liquid to taste a lot better than it did. Maybe my build??! Don't get me wrong, it was a nice vape, but either my build (or unreasonable expectations) were to play. Then, I messed that coil up when I went to refill my tank and forgot to close off juice flow :-( All the videos and messages I'd read on closing it, and I still forgot, so learning the hard way, lol.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is surprising to me, but I'm sure Heather's Heavenly Vapes must have their reasons. When I ordered mine from Origin Vapes last week, I must have gotten their last one, as they're out of stock with a waiting list.
I had some e-liquid imported once from the U.K. for my personal use and between shipping and import charges (was most definitely stopped as a result of how seller described contents, and he only paid for half of the extra charges ) I decided just not worth it!! So added ordering again to my list of things not to repeat. All to say, between cost and shipping, maybe too slim a profit margin for HHV'to order more? JAWAG tho
No one makes money on Svoemesto products (except Svoemesto). Dealers use them to lure customers to their other products and if it doesn't lure enough people then it is not worth offering. These small businesses have to lay out a lot of loot for the inventory knowing they make no money on it.

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
No one makes money on Svoemesto products (except Svoemesto). Dealers use them to lure customers to their other products and if it doesn't lure enough people then it is not worth offering. These small businesses have to lay out a lot of loot for the inventory knowing they make no money on it.

Thanks to Heather's Heavenly Vapes for this thread - it's already helped me a great deal, and I appreciate this forum.

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
Update: Completely cleaned Kayfun mini3 including airhole under coil. Fella in Greenville, Fl (that makes coils to order and wraps himself) sent me some 28 gauge 3mm 7-8 wraps looks like, coils. Put one on, it fired right up, used less koh gen do sp? than I did on my first & 2nd builds using 28g 2mm 10 wrap coils I made myself. Other changes: coil change I mentioned, lifted coil higher off top of airhole, less cotton as mentioned, and opened air flow a bit more. 1.55ohm and oh my goodness, I get the rebuilding thing. AMAZING flavor. Best vapes hands down ever! Guess that's pretty much it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Update: Completely cleaned Kayfun mini3 including airhole under coil. Fella in Greenville, Fl (that makes coils to order and wraps himself) sent me some 28 gauge 3mm 7-8 wraps looks like, coils. Put one on, it fired right up, used less koh gen do sp? than I did on my first & 2nd builds using 28g 2mm 10 wrap coils I made myself. Other changes: coil change I mentioned, lifted coil higher off top of airhole, less cotton as mentioned, and opened air flow a bit more. 1.55ohm and oh my goodness, I get the rebuilding thing. AMAZING flavor. Best vapes hands down ever! Guess that's pretty much it.
Congratulations! Indeed the KM3 is awesome. My all time favorite atomizer (with the K5 right there too).

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
HI to those of you that wanted to purchase another KFM v3 from HHV, a note yesterday from Emily (HHV Manager) no plans to order more! :(

Hey all - I am sorry! I checked with Heather back when the question was asked. She was willing to try getting in more for the folks here who said they would grab another.

I hadn't heard back and forgot to follow up. I'm going to guess they are unable to get them either because of low quantity of the order or lack of availability at that time.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
Hey all - I am sorry! I checked with Heather back when the question was asked. She was willing to try getting in more for the folks here who said they would grab another.

I hadn't heard back and forgot to follow up. I'm going to guess they are unable to get them either because of low quantity of the order or lack of availability at that time.

@LAwaters, can we get a current response from Heather, with her current plan of action? That would be great to know.

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
HEADS UP!! Origin Vapes has more Kayfun V3 minis in stock!
Get them quick?

Would like another. Hesitating because Kayfun mini 3 makes flavor of my juice so great, I'm vaping more - have been going thru a LOT more juice since got mine - can't imagine if get another :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
HHV_Labor_Day_2017.jpg

Letting you all know about the sale going on this week. Hope you all have a safe and happy Labor Day!

Thunderthud54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2016
Tallahassee, Florida
I'd think twice... nah - ten times, before hitting eBay for any quality gear.

I liked your post about the difficulty of using ebay for quality supplies. Having said that tho, I found a great seller who has made me some great coils for my Kayfun mini3. He makes himself to order, and lives in Greenville Fl. Nice to have sometimes as I don't always feel up to making one myself. If anyone would like his ebay user ID, I'd be happy to post it. I highly recommend him based on my own experience!! Makes them day you order, or next morning, and in the mail that day, so really fast shipping them out. I think $10.95 for 12 with free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread