Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If we go by the numbers...KF lite + has a 1.5mm air inlet. The kayfun prime has from 1 -2 mm. I'll take it apart tonight and measure the individual holes but my thinking is... 1.0,1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0.
That theoretically puts the kayfun lite + at between holes 3 and 4.
The thing is draw is just as subjective as flavour...[emoji14]
Its high time I think someone invents a vapedraw meter so PBUSARDO can test and report on the precise air flows :headbang:
That would be cool to have an AF meter! I think you are correct in the Prime's af sizes, it's from 1 mm to 2mm with .2 increments between....I think there is another factor and that's the size of the main af tube under coil. I think one that has a 1.5 mm tube, set to an external hole of 1.5 could be different then a 2mm tube, set to an external 1.5mm setting....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I think one that has a 1.5 mm tube, set to an external hole of 1.5 could be different then a 2mm tube, set to an external 1.5mm setting....
Yeah that's my thinking to, but then we have this oblong shape on the prime. To my eyeball it more or less constitutes to about a 2mm. I'm terrible with maths...wondering what its actual area is compared to the KF+ 2mm? Maybe someone cleverer can calculate that...:pThe shape i'm sure makes a difference yes. It sure does to the smooth air flow.

Reactions: AstroTurf

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
That would be cool to have an AF meter! I think you are correct in the Prime's af sizes, it's from 1 mm to 2mm with .2 increments between....I think there is another factor and that's the size of the main af tube under coil. I think one that has a 1.5 mm tube, set to an external hole of 1.5 could be different then a 2mm tube, set to an external 1.5mm setting....

Yeah that's my thinking to, but then we have this oblong shape on the prime. To my eyeball it more or less constitutes to about a 2mm. I'm terrible with maths...wondering what its actual area is compared to the KF+ 2mm? Maybe someone cleverer can calculate that...:pThe shape i'm sure makes a difference yes. It sure does to the smooth air flow.

I'm thinking the air tube under the coil/wick is the limiting/governing factor. Even if the air inlet opening is a bigger diameter than the air tube ... you can only pull so much air through the tube. like connecting a 3/4 inch hose to a 1/2 inch hose ... the 1/2 inch hose governs how much flow at the end of the hose where the waters coming out.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm thinking the air tube under the coil/wick is the limiting/governing factor. Even if the air inlet opening is a bigger diameter than the air tube ... you can only pull so much air through the tube. like connecting a 3/4 inch hose to a 1/2 inch hose ... the 1/2 inch hose governs how much flow at the end of the hose where the waters coming out.
I agree the air tube is limited factor, but just maybe 1.5 AF hole going into a 2mm air tube could feel different to a 1.5 mm AF hole going up into a 1.5 mm air tube, because maybe the vapor dilutes some because of the larger volume ? Don't really know but i guess my point was, unless all sizes , (chamber , tube, distances, etc.) Are exactly the same between 2 tanks, AF and feel are going to feel different even though both may be set to an equal outside AF size...

Reactions: AstroTurf

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I agree the air tube is limited factor, but just maybe 1.5 AF hole going into a 2mm air tube could feel different to a 1.5 mm AF hole going up into a 1.5 mm air tube, because maybe the vapor dilutes some because of the larger volume ? Don't really know but i guess my point was, unless all sizes , (chamber , tube, distances, etc.) Are exactly the same between 2 tanks, AF and feel are going to feel different even though both may be set to an equal outside AF size...

Yep ... that's certainly possible. I just don't think the opposite is though. I think a 2mm opening feeding a 1.5 mm tube would be the same as a 1.5 mm opening feeding a 1.5 mm tube. You can feed the tube with a smaller opening to restrict the flow, but using a bigger opening than the tube won't increase the airflow through the tube.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yep ... that's certainly possible. I just don't think the opposite is though. I think a 2mm opening feeding a 1.5 mm tube would be the same as a 1.5 mm opening feeding a 1.5 mm tube. You can feed the tube with a smaller opening to restrict the flow, but using a bigger opening than the tube won't increase the airflow through the tube.
Agreed

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It won't increase airflow, but maybe it could increase velocity. I don't know for sure, just something to think about.

Or is airflow the same thing as velocity?
We're getting in deep now.....good question

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
We need an airologist.

Summend the professionals ,,, :cool:

images

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Just an FYI here...

I use temp control with my Prime. It started to go a little wiggy on me. I figgered my coil needed to be changed. Did that. Attached the Prime back on the mod. I noticed it wasn't seated all the way and the Prime was wobbly. Took it back off and noticed the center pin was loose. Cinched it back up and all is well again. If your Prime does not seat well on your mod or you get funky firing check that center pin. Might want to cinch it up whether you think you need to or not.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Just an FYI here...

I use temp control with my Prime. It started to go a little wiggy on me. I figgered my coil needed to be changed. Did that. Attached the Prime back on the mod. I noticed it wasn't seated all the way and the Prime was wobbly. Took it back off and noticed the center pin was loose. Cinched it back up and all is well again. If your Prime does not seat well on your mod or you get funky firing check that center pin. Might want to cinch it up whether you think you need to or not.

Yeah, I had issues with the bottom screw on the 510 being loose.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
i read it might come a bit loose from the factory and needs to be tightened when received,
but now i wonder if it's a recurring issue even later on(it getting loose each time).
It might. It loosened when you remove the tank from the mod. The center pin drags on the mod's 510 pin and tends to loosen it. Wouldn't hurt to cinch the center pin on your Prime now and again. True with any atty you use actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread