Check out my Nano "dragon" Coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinonymous

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
For a one venting coil, about half of the coil (one side) is in the cotton wick. For a dual venting "dragon" about half of the entire coil is in the wick but make sure it's not too buried into the cotton wick, both ends must have an opening.

here's my single venting coil build...
9974078173_c3d25b55c8.jpg

Kinda having trouble wicking the dragon. I mean I kind of got it, but I know it could be way better. The way I'm doing it is I kind of make a C with the cotton. Bottom of the C is under the coil and the top is over. Tips?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Kinda having trouble wicking the dragon. I mean I kind of got it, but I know it could be way better. The way I'm doing it is I kind of make a C with the cotton. Bottom of the C is under the coil and the top is over. Tips?
By the look of the pic, the other side of the coil is blocked. It will spew out vapor if both ends are open. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Hmm can't get the wicking right for some reason. It vents but it's not much. Teo or Jimi, how did you guys wick? And how many wraps because I'm doing 8 lol.

My current build, I did 10 wraps with 28g wire. Instead of cotton, I am using a bed of silica. I don't have any wick over on top, I think I will try adding some cotton on top to get more surface area on the coil. So far it is working good.

Kamoch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
La Mirada, CA
Hmm can't get the wicking right for some reason. It vents but it's not much. Teo or Jimi, how did you guys wick? And how many wraps because I'm doing 8 lol.

I used a 7 wrap of 28 AWG A1 dual coil on a bed of Q-Tip cotton, just pulled it off the swab stick with a dental pick. Working great, just leave the higher end of the coils exposed & you will be golden!

edit: how big are your air holes on your atty? On my Patriot they are 5/32 & on my Nimbus they are 1/16. You need good airflow for this setup.

Last edited:

justinonymous

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I used a 7 wrap of 28 AWG A1 dual coil on a bed of Q-Tip cotton, just pulled it off the swab stick with a dental pick. Working great, just leave the higher end of the coils exposed & you will be golden!

edit: how big are your air holes on your atty? On my Patriot they are 5/32 & on my Nimbus they are 1/16. You need good airflow for this setup.

Do you cover the top of the coils? And I have an igo-w with the air holes drilled to 3/32

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Good job guys! it's a very easy build and very efficient... it's really science at it's best. You don't even have to take hard long exhales to produce massive vapor.

Those bottom feeders are going to be cloud monsters now :)

I'm about to set up my ReoVV/ERA for this, be back soon!

iTEO

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chicago Vape Nation
I forgot to say this but I guess most of you that already did the build know this... it's a juice hog but it's also a whole new level of vaping experience... big vapors, big flavors, no expressive heat and longer battery life. On my single coil builds I only carry 2 batteries... 1 in my mod and one extra for an all day vape :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread