Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I took Leo to the bank and he was a perfect (almost) gentlemen. The tellers give him treats so he likes going there. Came home, it was stuffy in the house and warm and sunny outside. Opened the doors and windows, turned on the ceiling fans and changed into shorts and a t-shirt. Now, I'm putting the jeans and sweatshirt back on. The clouds have rolled back in, the wind is coming out of the north, generally, and we're back below 70 again.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Hi y'all sorry I haven't been on so much lately. Just had a lot on my plate and nothing much to talk about. Been busy helping out ever since the crazy neighbors left and had a wakeup call about a month ago. Had to get a common medical procedure done on Friday to clear it up and am going in for a check up in the next couple of weeks to make sure everything went all right. Hopefully so. I could use some good vibes right now. Just know its nothing life threatening. Just made me hyper aware I need medical insurance. :confused:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moaning, Voltatics.

We've had a bunch of variable weather, some nice, sunny, warm days and some rainy, overcast, semi-cool days. The garden is coming along, albeit slowly, and there are a few peppers showing already. I should have bought fresh cucumber and cantaloupe seeds since the first batch didn't sprout and I'm wondering if the second batch will.

How are you making out, Celti? Health insurance is a real conundrum for everyone, unless your rich.

I hope Tritium is safe.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    g'evenin Voltizens.

Awful quiet in here.

My chipper/shredder is finally back in operation. Apparently Briggs and Stratton is slow getting parts out to their dealers. A bunch of parts had come in a few shipments but the key part didn't get here until this morning. That is the adapter to allow mounting the new style muffler. So, I braved the 90+ temperatures and had at it this morning. The new muffler went on fine but I had problems with the throttle linkage, which I removed anticipating getting the same style muffler nd mounting system. I had to jury rig a way to feed gas to keep the motor running so I could set the throttle arm in the right spot on the governor pin, but I got it working actually better than it was when I got it originally. The new muffler and mounting system are way more robust than what it came with originally and I don't expect to have a problem with it again.

I will say that customer support, while they tried to be helpful, really wasn't a whole lot of help. There was no documentation regarding how the new muffler mounts, not that it's rocket science, but still a simple pictorial would have been nice. The support people really didn't have a clue either but they did their best to help so I can't complain too much. Overall, I still think that DR has great products, at least based on what this thing is like and can do, but could use more in-depth customer support. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again and they do have some really neat "toys".

Leo had a new "first" the other day. After we got back from the bank, and a walk in Smithville Park, I took him out in the back yard on the lunge line, a 30' leash, and we played fetch. I took a chance and took him off the line and we played fetch with him off the leash for the first time. He always came back to me with the ball every time. When I saw he was getting tired, he is still a puppy, he walked with me back to the house, up the steps and onto the deck to go back inside. We weighed him the other day and he was 124.7 pounds and by now I think he's closer to 130.

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Yay! I'm glad you got your Chipper fixed! And I'm especially glad your B&S (LOL Bad initials!!) engine works good too! I know in the last few years they are getting cheaper and cheaper parts on them. We had a darn good push mower but one of the bracket mounts broke for it and we tried to find one every where to no avail. Called a local lawn mower shop and they wanted us to pay 400$ for a new motor?!?! :shock::shock: Uh No, we could but two cheapo lawn mowers for that price!!! So we just got tired of fooling with a push mower for 3 & 1/2 acres anyway and got a lawn tractor! I love to cut grass... I refused to with a push mower because my mama used to cut her lawn and she'd have blood running down her legs from the mower throwing little stick and rocks... My skin isn't as thick as hers... I'd look like I got beaten up! :p

Leo sounds like he is doing so great! And getting so big! :wub: Just a big ol' baby. :D

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moanin, Volties.

We've had a bit of a heat wave the last few days, just missed 100 yesterday (99.1), but there's a "back door cold front" coming through this morning so we'll get back to more average temperatures. It always bugs me that the TV "meteorologists" call it "normal" temperatures when it is actually an average. I can hear some thunder off in the distance so I may need to close the windows and turn the AC back on. The thunderstorms are spotty so maybe I can get outside today and try out the repaired chipper/shredder.

I expected, at least, someone or some documentation being available, regarding the replacement muffler system and maybe even the whole engine. They are an OEM dealer after all. The guy I worked with told me they had just updated their computer system to include B&S service info but he couldn't remember where it was and the guy that know was off on Monday. He also told me their B&S technician was on vacation for two weeks. Like I said, a little weak in the customer support arena.

Nice to hear you're working again, Tritium. I enjoyed installing repeaters, both the setup of everything and the actual installation. London seems to be having a run of really bad luck. I hope that improves quickly no matter the cause of the bad luck.

We have a lawn tractor too, Celti. Even with that I end up getting pelted with debris and coated with dust unless I mow the day after a decent amount of rain. I keep thinking about getting a walk behind for trimming the spots the tractor can't get to, but a weed wacker works for now and goes places that even a walk behind can't reach.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Holy smokes! Literally! That looked really bad to say the least. Something had to be seriously wrong with the fire detection/suppression system in that building for that to happen. I would assume, that as a high rise, it would have sprinklers/suppression systems although maybe not depending on its age, but at least a building wide, working, fire alarm.

We have our own drama going on over here, too. Not a good sign at all.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'afternoon, Voltaticalytes.

Jeesh, it sure is quiet in here!

Nothing special going on here. Had a nice Father's Day, my son and DIL came over with their dog Max, some kind of terrier about 40 pounds worth. Leo and he got along OK, but Max was very possessive of any toy he had and showed teeth if Leo went near him. Other than that they did OK together and it was the first time Leo had a doggy visitor. My son brought along some Shikhouse (SP?) griddle franks, about a foot plus long. I was going to have a frank and a burger, but that frank filled me right up. Leo got the burger, later, with his dinner. I'm not used to eating quite like that and have had tummy problems ever since, especially today. Pepto Dismal time.

It's been kind of warm for the last week and a front came through yesterday accompanied by the typical thunderstorm and flash flood warnings. We had some wind and a lot of rain in one short burst, then it settled down to steady rain for most of the evening. More branches and twigs for the chipper/shredder. Leo isn't a big fan of thunder, but by the time it was over had gotten used to it.

On the bright side, the last part, a heat shield, for the chipper will be here tomorrow. I have used it, without the heat shield on the muffler, and it works even better than before. In my repair work I made an adjustment to the governor and now I can idle it down to about 1200RPM, Before it was hard to get the clutch to drop out so the flywheel would stop spinning which meant shutting it down to move it. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to run smoother for some reason now.

On the vaping front I finally built another mod, a DNA250. I've had the boards since they came out and just got around to building one. I have a duplicate case to build one for Mrs. Awsum but now my soldering station crapped out on me, I ended up building mine with a 25 watt Radio Shack iron. I ordered a new Hakko iron and that will be here tomorrow. Given the lessons learned building mine, hers should go together in a day with most of that day taken up by letting the glue set that holds the board/screen holder into the enclosure. I certainly don't use 250 watts to vape with, but each of the boards has little nuances that are different from the others and I want to try them out. In fact, Mrs. Awsum will be using hers at around 10 watts so battery life will be spectacular for her.

Tritium

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2013
    Your nearest hydrogen bomb.
    Hey awsum, sounds like you were busy with things.
    Well i trust you with the chipper you always were doing good on techmech stuff.
    We have a small heatwave here (which will last for a few more days), a heatwave is considered 30-35 celcius here lol. But still annoying when you are trying to sleep.
    I'm out of e-liquid, i have whatever is in the tank and that's it. Had 130ml with me from Greece and i'm out now muhaha. Still with the mech mod, if it ain't broken don't fix it.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moanin, Volties.

We had the remnants of Tropical Storm Cindy go by yesterday, early in the morning. At 6:45AM I was on the couch, with the laptop, Leo was in his crate snoozing and the TV weather prognosticator was talking about "hooks" starting to show in the radar images. Then the weather alert went off, tornado warning. Leo jumped up with that and I decided it was time for him to go out for his morning duties. When I got outside the sky to the west was ink black and the wind was starting to get gusty. Leo did his thing then wanted to wander, but I took him back in. I went back out and used some ratchet straps to strap down the propane tank and garbage cans, just in case. By the time I got that done, keep in mind this was all in the space of less than ten minutes, I was soaking wet and it was pouring buckets. When I got inside I left a puddle taking off my soaking shoes, and the puddle was from water running off my head.

We missed the worst of things but there were two tornadoes east of us, one literally right where I lived when I was a sophomore in high school in Howell Township. There was another over near Fort Dix. Lots of straight line wind damage, lines of telephone poles blown down and lots of trees down but nothing significant here in my little part of the world. I count us as very lucky, I think the highest wind we saw was about 15mph.

It was all over by 7:45 and the sun was out by 9AM. Then we had a Verizon truck at every pole most of the way down our street. They lost a fiber cable on Friday night when we had another strong thunderstorm. I will say those guys know how to "milk" the overtime. Two guys in each truck standing around, doing nothing, for about three hours with maybe a half hour of work, total, the whole time. The only one that really had to work was the guy in the splice truck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread