Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Never thought I'd be reading you're using a 1.05ohm. :cool: This Stumpy must be a really good one to have in the tool box. I like the design of it a lot.

I just snatched up #3 and #4. Not many authentic ones left. There were only 600 of this atty made and only like 50 were BottomFed - there ain't no more out there :) I think there are only a few BF ones left.

Yes, 1.05. With that single coil where I have it and all that air it rips too, but just cooler.

That's not saying I won't be dropping a wind or the ID of the coil next time though. That was by accident :). But it vapes amazing in this atty.

I'm done with duals for the foreseeable future :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Is one able to use the Coilmaster to wrap twisted wire or parallel coils or anything besides single wires? I tried last night to wrap a parallel coil with the coilmaster and failed, but I tried it very quickly and gave up quickly since dinner was ready.

I used it for 2 strands twisted 28 and it was great. It don't like twisted smaller wire though I don't think :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The stumpy is a great little atty. Big fat 24g monocoil down the middle (easy to build with the coil master) is surprisingly efficient. 5 mins max to twist and install it.

I did find it weeped a bit with a dual setup, but I have a habit of putting the coils very close to the air and it was likely wicks touching the cap.

I'd almost forgotten how versatile 2-post atties can be.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I have not stayed in touch with Catfish since the Manta so this Stumpy is news to me. Because Im reeeeeeeal particular with the air draw I have been disappointed with my last 2 buys. Try as I may I couldn't get the restricted air I like and in one case even closed completely (I'm pretty sure) it gave too much air. :confused: So can this Stumpy close almost all the way? yeah I know I'm weird. :facepalm:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
The stumpy is a great little atty. Big fat 24g monocoil down the middle (easy to build with the coil master) is surprisingly efficient. 5 mins max to twist and install it.

I did find it weeped a bit with a dual setup, but I have a habit of putting the coils very close to the air and it was likely wicks touching the cap.

I'd almost forgotten how versatile 2-post atties can be.

The CM will spin chunky 22AWG as well with ease. Great tool. And, more Stumpy lovin'.

kc5RE8S.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Especially for ma Nuppins. They need a special bendy.
Jup, really wish someone would do a great video of the easiest way to get the nuppins coiled. I do manage to get two of em in there, but it takes me forever and many tries. I've seen pdibs but there's no talking, and I'd love one that goes from how to coil, do you do one backwards or not, and which leg do you cut shorter. I did find doing something different helped, but was so aggravated at that point I can't remember what it was that I did. :laugh: But would love a vid showing in baby steps exactly how best to do it!

I know. I thought top air was my future but being able to single coil and out produce a dual coil AND live life like a top air atty is a game changer.
Ok, I know you don't do flavor, but what about throat hit? I'm watching the vid now, but haven't gotten to that if you mention it. No way could I get one from Tom, but maybe a clone

So glad they gave you some to give away. I'm with you don't really get the longer posts, but many things are an improvement over my really old one.

But you're running a twisted single coil right? That adds another level of skill and prep. I've not yet attempted to make any twisted wire, but I've been thinking of trying it.
Jeff, I'm sure Tim can help ya, but if you don't have or don't wanna use a drill, I used danny brandts method with a pen and it worked great. Pretty tight twist, easy peasy lemon squeezy! He's got a vid on it if you haven't seen it!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
That pen trick works but it won't get wire twisted nearly as tight as a drill and will take much longer. Just sayin...anyone who has a drill will be better off using it :) by hand isn't as reliable or duplicate able.twist pitch makes a difference in ohms. I drill til the wire snaps - same resistance every time

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
That pen trick works but it won't get wire twisted nearly as tight as a drill and will take much longer. Just sayin...anyone who has a drill will be better off using it :) by hand isn't as reliable or duplicate able.twist pitch makes a difference in ohms. I drill til the wire snaps - same resistance every time
yeah I figger a drill would be better, but I don't have one. I'm not to be trusted with power tools :laugh:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I am subscribed to your channel, but have not seen the contest announced. I REALLY need to give one of these a try.... Waiting with baited breath...
I'm hoping to shoot the vid tonight but not sure. :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
What are the two types of wire "holders" you're using on the spools?

Both posters above are spot on. I prefer the beadalon ones. I had those metal ones before I got them and they work great but not as compact as the beadalon ones. I also have more spools than beadalons ATM so I have to use those metal ones on some too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread