Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Yeah, I know, another Zero clone, meh.

But the board this uses looks very interesting. DNA40 Fahrenheit/Celsius clone, 60w and and with an extra setting for "Nickel Purity", might be real handy for getting an accurate calibration for titanium or mixed Ni200/Kanthal builds.

Alibaba link

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
i think somone mentioned this ni purity thing in the ipv4 thread. Certainly seen it on the forum before. It is also on the new VF clones on FT apparently (SXK or whatever they are) so maybe using the same chip?!?! Someone from FT said it a sx330 but unless it is the V4S then no TC....Interesting!

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
i think somone mentioned this ni purity thing in the IPV4 thread. Certainly seen it on the forum before. It is also on the new VF clones on FT apparently (SXK or whatever they are) so maybe using the same chip?!?! Someone from FT said it a sx330 but unless it is the V4S then no TC....Interesting!
I'm not seeing the Nickel Purity feature on those 50w SXK VF clones, this is the first I've ever heard of it.

Braddahbill

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2012
Hawaii
Yeah, I know, another Zero clone, meh.

But the board this uses looks very interesting. DNA40 Fahrenheit/Celsius clone, 60w and and with an extra setting for "Nickel Purity", might be real handy for getting an accurate calibration for titanium or mixed Ni200/Kanthal builds.

Alibaba link

I was looking at that today but I had to promise myself to wait till Aug. or Sept. just to see what comes out over the summer.

Reactions: aldenf

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Ooh interesting :) Thanks for finding!

What I really want to know right now is the size of the screen. If it's 0.74" then surely this is the same board (or variant thereof) that's in the new Infinite/SXK 50W flask that appeared a couple of days ago on FastTech (and which I just ordered.)

So does the Flask have the Nickel purity? Probably not, though if it did it surely wouldn't be the first time FT had missed out a feature on the specs.

But if this new mod does have the 0.74" screen then it's got to be almost certain that this is the same board type as the Infinite, and therefore we have a new kid on the Chinese DNA 40-a-like block (though increasingly less 'like' with each extra 10W and new features..)

So no Croak I hadn't seen it and yes I do like collecting Chinese cloned mods so if this appears on FastTech or one of the other Chinese supermarkets soon, well.. for $50-ish, how could I refuse? (again)

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Yeah these really look like the same screen to me. It's that space before the temperature setting that stands out at me - different to Waidea/Kangxin flasks (and Heatvape etc), identical between the Infinite flask and this new Geeco.

Or put another way, right-justification of those two figures rather than left. And the bigger gap between the watts and the rest seems to confirm it must be a slightly bigger screen on the Geeco. The gap on my Waidea is about the width of a zero, but it's much more on these.

OKHVbLO.jpg

WIDuIaU.jpg

Reactions: jmercury1

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
i think somone mentioned this ni purity thing in the IPV4 thread. Certainly seen it on the forum before. It is also on the new VF clones on FT apparently (SXK or whatever they are) so maybe using the same chip?!?! Someone from FT said it a sx330 but unless it is the V4S then no TC....Interesting!

Wait, it is? Nickel purity on the new SXK flasks? Where did you see that?

Given that the Geeco must surely be the same board/screen - just at 60W instead of 50 - then it would certainly make sense for the flask to also have Nickel Purity. Just there's no mention on the FT page at all. Wouldn't be surprising if it got missed off of course.

Where did you see that the new flasks do have it?

Reactions: jmercury1

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Makes sense. Previous Yosen and Infinite Zero clones actually came from SXK as well. My guess is that Geeco is just rebranding an SXK unit (or Geeco is another company under the same umbrella). They're just retro-fitting this new board in proven popular housings. Well made (for China) housings, at that.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Wait, it is? Nickel purity on the new SXK flasks? Where did you see that?

Given that the Geeco must surely be the same board/screen - just at 60W instead of 50 - then it would certainly make sense for the flask to also have Nickel Purity. Just there's no mention on the FT page at all. Wouldn't be surprising if it got missed off of course.

Where did you see that the new flasks do have it?

it is somewhere in the discussions on FT. The guys are trying to find out what the chip is. Not too many posts but the usual bickering and trolling. If I have a minute tomorrow i'll try to retrace my steps..

Reactions: TheBloke

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Yeah these really look like the same screen to me. It's that space before the temperature setting that stands out at me - different to Waidea/Kangxin flasks (and Heatvape etc), identical between the Infinite flask and this new Geeco.

Or put another way, right-justification of those two figures rather than left. And the bigger gap between the watts and the rest seems to confirm it must be a slightly bigger screen on the Geeco. The gap on my Waidea is about the width of a zero, but it's much more on these.

OKHVbLO.jpg

WIDuIaU.jpg
why oh why cant they align the airflow slots on the 510...do they do it to antagonise the western sense of OCD...I mean really...

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
it is somewhere in the discussions on FT. The guys are trying to find out what the chip is. Not too many posts but the usual bickering and trolling. If I have a minute tomorrow i'll try to retrace my steps..

Thanks, I must have missed that. I'll go check now. I've read several of the threads, but I guess not all - it's annoying the way FT have a different group of threads for each individual product even when it's the same (eg different discussions for 50W Black vs 50W Silver vs 40W Black etc). They group the products, so that you can go to Product Type A then use the dropdown to see all the variations. I wish they'd group the threads as well, at least more than they do now eg when it's just a difference of colour.

Reactions: kljoki

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Thanks, I must have missed that. I'll go check now. I've read several of the threads, but I guess not all - it's annoying the way FT have a different group of threads for each individual product even when it's the same (eg different discussions for 50W Black vs 50W Silver vs 40W Black etc). They group the products, so that you can go to Product Type A then use the dropdown to see all the variations. I wish they'd group the threads as well, at least more than they do now eg when it's just a difference of colour.

ok mate. I am pretty sure I would have been in the 'black' section if you know what I mean1

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I think maybe you saw it somewhere else, @TheotherSteveS ? I just went through all eight sets of threads (40W/50W x Black/Silver) and checked every post, both reading through and double-checking with a page search for nickel (actually 'nick')

Can't find any reference to that feature. I did see a thread saying it looks basically the same as the Vapourshark clone, so I'm wondering if you branched off into another thread, maybe the new VS clones, and saw it there? Ditto there was mention of posts on Reddit, so maybe you found it there? (It wasn't linked though, that I recall, so that would've been a new Google.)

Can't be bothered to go searching more threads, in the hope you can quickly find it in your history tomorrow :) Or if not I will look in more detail tomorrow.

Even in the absence of seeing the claims for it, I am feeling more confident that it has the feature. It's either that they're doing these new boards both with and without that feature, or it's that FastTech forgot to add mention of it. The latter seems more likely, especially as it looks like they didn't even mention the spring loaded 510 at first; it's listed now, but there's a lot of posts where people asked FT about it, so I'm assuming that info was added later.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I think maybe you saw it somewhere else, @TheotherSteveS ? I just went through all eight sets of threads (40W/50W x Black/Silver) and checked every post, both reading through and double-checking with a page search for nickel (actually 'nick')

Can't find any reference to that feature. I did see a thread saying it looks basically the same as the Vapourshark clone, so I'm wondering if you branched off into another thread, maybe the new VS clones, and saw it there? Ditto there was mention of posts on Reddit, so maybe you found it there? (It wasn't linked though, that I recall, so that would've been a new Google.)

Can't be bothered to go searching more threads, in the hope you can quickly find it in your history tomorrow :) Or if not I will look in more detail tomorrow.

Even in the absence of seeing the claims for it, I am feeling more confident that it has the feature. It's either that they're doing these new boards both with and without that feature, or it's that FastTech forgot to add mention of it. The latter seems more likely, especially as it looks like they didn't even mention the spring loaded 510 at first; it's listed now, but there's a lot of posts where people asked FT about it, so I'm assuming that info was added later.
sorry for the wild goose chase. Maybe I did veer off somewhere else but i am pretty sure there was something linking this ni quality thing to that mod because it is clearly a well hidden and non-documented feature and had a quick look to see if the Kangxin does it. Of course it doesnt! lol!
If I find it i'll post or PM you. Stay tuned but dont hold yer breath!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
sorry for the wild goose chase. Maybe I did veer off somewhere else but i am pretty sure there was something linking this ni quality thing to that mod because it is clearly a well hidden and non-documented feature and had a quick look to see if the Kangxin does it. Of course it doesnt! lol!
If I find it i'll post or PM you. Stay tuned but dont hold yer breath!

No worries at all mate, I'm sure you've seen it somewhere and it'll surface sooner rather than later. I'll do a bit more googling tomorrow.

You know I am sure those mods are using the same chip. I'd bet The Bloke's house on it!

I've already re-mortgaged it to buy more Chinese mods! :)

Yeah I'm certain it's the same chip: the addition of C temps; the 0.06 lower ohms range; the identical, new screen alignment on C/ohms; the more spacious screen layout corroborating the listed 0.74" screen size.. everything matches.

The only sliver of doubt is whether the Ni purity thing is on some boards and not others - like maybe it's only on the 60W version that the Geeco will use, not the 40-50W that the new SXK Flasks are using.

But it definitely seems to me that the balance of probability is far more on it being on all of them, including these Flasks, than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread