Geeco 60w Temp Control Zero clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
So do I want all black or purple acrylic? The acrylic are very light, but changing the battery is kind of a pain.

You could sit here all day weighing up matters of mere convenience and utility. Or you could just look. Look, look! Look at the pretty!

2373900-6.jpg

2373900-2.jpg

2373900-3.jpg

(Is the battery cap really such a pain? It's got a smaller slot than a normal one, but looks like a coin would still do it?)

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
@roxynoodle Oh yikes, yeah I can understand the concern then.

@Croak Ah, so one has to undo the adjustment screw before being able to get at the slot to remove the whole cap?

@joeydaphish Awesome, thank you! Is there any writing visible anywhere on the board that you can see? Anything that might identify a manufacturer or version number or anything? We know it's Infinite, but would be good to know for future if it's actually branded Infinite or SXK or something else?

It looks pretty clean and tidy in there, at least to my untrained eye.

Reactions: MJ.7

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Looking at it, it's a radical departure from the Evol-standard layout. Pads for the switches are on the long side of the board, instead of the narrow side/end, for one thing.

And that breakout board(s?) for the switches is also interesting.

It looks like they separated the higher power regulator stuff (FETs, inductor, etc.) from the lower power "logic" circuitry...display, buttons, perhaps the MCU. Increases parts costs but does make it quick and easy to pair up different power and logic boards for different setups.

[edit] It can help with electrical interference (EMI) problems too. Though, if done badly, can actually cause more problems than it fixes.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheBloke

seanol

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    TheBloke,
    I ordered the black one. I messed up my first order at FT and they don't cancel, they give a gift certificate. Expensive lesson! So I had this money, see, and nothing to use it on, see, and hiney, I'm getting more mods!

I grabbed a Fuhattan, Some atty's and the black hero 60w. Shipped, just waiting. I will be in Ireland next week for work so I can't play for at least a week!

This hobby has restarted my entusiasm for new purchases and given me so much enjoyment, the vape almost seems secondary. Finding this stuff has kept me off analog's so far and I haven't really felt the need to go back. Even when out in the "smoking area" with friends I find it easy to refrain.

I will let you know how it works when I get it.

Giddy as a schoolboy,
    Sean

TheBloke

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    Ah great stuff Sean! The new 60W Infinite board is awesome, so you're going to be very happy.

And yeah you're absolutely right, I have been known to go an hour without taking a vape because I'm too busy playing with some of my vape hardware to remember to do so :D

Sounds like you have loads of great stuff to enjoy when you get back from Ireland - you'll be itching to leave!

seanol

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Itching is right! I also have a 4 pack of Nicoticket juice but it won't get here until tomorrow. Everything has to wait until I get back!

I am going to my local B&M today for a travelling juice. Thinking of bringing my Subohm CF Aspire and my RDA. Better flavor and no draining of the tank.

Certainly don't want ot take my Istick 50w. It would pick that time to start autofiring and get me kicked off the plane!

Next weekend is going to be busy and I'll be in heaven!

Sean

EDO

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 15, 2009
    I just got the SXK Zero Mod silver from FT (SKU: 2345201). It is very well made and very handsome little mod. I first tested it out in Kanthal mode and it works flawlessly. Since this is my first temp control mod I can't say that it works flawlessly in that mode but as far as I can tell it does a great job. My first Nickel build was on my Nextgen Atomizer clone. The ohm readings are rock solid so I must have done a good job. It was the easiest build I have ever done on a genesis device. It might have been the easiest build I have ever done...period. It is also the best vape I have experienced...so I really like this mod and I will never buy a mod that doesn't have TC.

What I really like about this mod is that it doesn't go to sleep and there are no delays what so ever. Every time you push the firing button it fires immediately. I also love the fact that it remembers all your settings when you change the battery. The only downside for this mod is that it doesn't have a spring loaded 510 connection. To me this is not a big deal since I am dedicating this device solely to the Nextgen atomizer. For others I can see it being a problem.

I am surprised the SXK/Geeco Zero mods haven't got more attention....for the price I think they are superb.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    Great news @EDO ! Really glad you're liking it.

Yes the new Infinite chip is absolutely awesome, I am loving the one in my Infinite flask. I am dangerously close to buying a second - I recently got a new ChiDNA40 clone, using the original Kangxin type chip, and I've barely used it just because I prefer the Infinite so much. All the reasons you mention - no delay from sleep in particular - and also its ability to use different wires for TC vaping.

I've just today made a thread discussing using non-Ni200 wires, such as Titanium and Stainless Steel. This is made much easier (and in the case of SS, possible) with the new Nickel Purity feature that Infinite has added.

I know you're just getting into TC so you'll likely want to start with normal Ni200 so you can learn from the huge existing knowledge base . But if/when you do want to experiment with other wires, you already have a mod that can do it.

Here's the thread if it's of interest to you or anyone else with this awesome new chip: TC beyond Ni200: Nickel Purity, Dicodes; Ti, SS, Resistherm NiFe30; Coefficient of Resistance | E-Cigarette Forum

EDO

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 15, 2009
    @bloke....As I said with my very limited expeience with TC mods it seems like it is doing a great job of temperature control but its good to hear that some one with a lot of experience with TC mods like this chip as well. I now feel more confident that I actually do have a great device.

Holy cow I never thought of that but that makes sense... you should be able to use stainless steel wire with this device. I am heading over to the thread.....thanks for providing the link.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    I just got the SXK Zero Mod silver from FT (SKU: 2345201). It is very well made and very handsome little mod. I first tested it out in Kanthal mode and it works flawlessly. Since this is my first temp control mod I can't say that it works flawlessly in that mode but as far as I can tell it does a great job. My first Nickel build was on my Nextgen Atomizer clone. The ohm readings are rock solid so I must have done a good job. It was the easiest build I have ever done on a genesis device. It might have been the easiest build I have ever done...period. It is also the best vape I have experienced...so I really like this mod and I will never buy a mod that doesn't have TC.

What I really like about this mod is that it doesn't go to sleep and there are no delays what so ever. Every time you push the firing button it fires immediately. I also love the fact that it remembers all your settings when you change the battery. The only downside for this mod is that it doesn't have a spring loaded 510 connection. To me this is not a big deal since I am dedicating this device solely to the Nextgen atomizer. For others I can see it being a problem.

I am surprised the SXK/Geeco Zero mods haven't got more attention....for the price I think they are superb.
    I just received one of these myself a few days ago. well, mines the 50w version :0) awesome device, I just love the infinite TP chip!!! so much so I ordered a "60"w rDNA.... I own an original so it'll be interesting to see how it stacks up :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread