GG compatibility & tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laniere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Prato - Italy
and with the oddy short mode mouthpiece will work with the short tilemahos tank as well ??? !!!
IMG_18665.jpg

yes. at least from what i think.
I tried the tilemahos rebuildable part with ithaka, you need the autofeeding ring (and the holes of autofed must be closed or it will leak), with the tilemahos mouthpiece the ithaka was perfect with the engraved ring+ window+ refilling cup (so upper body connection excluded). With upperbody the mouthpiece is too short.This anyway lead me to think that the mouthpiece of the tilemahos is the same size of the short mouthpiece of the ody. I don't have a spare ody mouthpiece to compare. Strangely when i use the rebuildable part of the tilemahos in the ithaka i've a shot (idk why, maybe cause i have the no ad version).

anyway maybe the upper ring of the ody is not needed for the rebuildable part of the ithaka inside tilemahos bases but need to be verified.

I don't understand. This way it will become an oddy. whats the benefit :D

an ody with the rebuildable part of the ithaka :) dual channel and plenty of op builds

actually i still use a lot my ody with the rebuildable part of the ithaka :)

Last edited:

Laniere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Prato - Italy
yes. at least from what i think.
I tried the tilemahos rebuildable part with ithaka, you need the autofeeding ring (and the holes of autofed must be closed or it will leak), with the tilemahos mouthpiece the ithaka was perfect with the engraved ring+ window+ refilling cup (so upper body connection excluded). With upperbody the mouthpiece is too short.This anyway lead me to think that the mouthpiece of the tilemahos is the same size of the short mouthpiece of the ody. I don't have a spare ody mouthpiece to compare. Strangely when i use the rebuildable part of the tilemahos in the ithaka i've a shot (idk why, maybe cause i have the no ad version).

anyway maybe the upper ring of the ody is not needed for the rebuildable part of the ithaka inside tilemahos bases but need to be verified.

an ody with the rebuildable part of the ithaka :) dual channel and plenty of op builds

actually i still use a lot my ody with the rebuildable part of the ithaka :)

EDIT:

My bad i did a mistake. I 've made confusion. Actually for ithaka base and tilemahos rebuildable part you DO NOT need the autofed ring. everything else is correct :)

yesterday penny v3 has arrived and i've tried the rebuildable part in the ithaka, and that needs autofed ring to be screwed in. That's why i did the mistake

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
Tilemahos XL
Okay, so you guys wanted pictures, so here you go.
First off, you need a Just GG (or GGTS), an Ithaka, the inside parts from a Tilemahos w/ AD base, and the Mouthpiece for Ithaka Update:
15484180607_0b671c7138.jpg

First, take off the Just GG Lid and unscrew a couple turns the collector tank's center pin:
15670153025_fc1d4955fb.jpg

Second, remove your 510 base and the rebuildable part from your Ithaka:
15484179537_086f6069ce.jpg

Third, remove the rebuildable part from your Tilemahos and take off the mouthpiece:
15667471291_dc31bf967f.jpg

Fourth, screw the Tilemahos rebuildable part into the GGTS base:
15050015853_36469a5768.jpg

15646423006_8589bb64a3.jpg

Fifth, screw the Mouthpiece for Ithaka Update onto the Tilemahos rebuildable part:
15667468751_73199b4d14.jpg

Finally, reassemble the Ithaka, place on your Just GG or GGTS, and enjoy!
15483990458_ca5a7de222.jpg

15483989708_9e316aca6b.jpg

You may be asking, why? Well, if you like the open draw of the Tilemahos, you can now have it with your Ithaka and Just GG (or GGTS)! By the way, this only works with using the Ithaka GGTS base, as the Tilemahos center post is not long enough for the Ithaka 510 base.

Last edited:

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
river what is the mouthpiece that you are using in this pic?

ok i've tried but as soon as i put the liquid it starts to leak all over the place :(

don't get why.

it's the drip tip mouthpiece for Ithaka's new rebuildable part but I think you can use the standard Ithaka mouthpiece. As for the leaking, do you have the o-ring on the base of the rebuildable part?

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I did a quick test with the tilemahos mouthpiece when I first put it all together and it seemed to me that it bottomed out before it was able to fully close off liquid supply.
Maybe the rebuildable part sits a little lower in the base than Ithaka's part does...I don't know. But it does work without leaking using the Ithaka mouthpiece.

Laniere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Prato - Italy
Thanks rivernut.

I currently have a Penelope v3but its been sanded to fit a microstick.

So let's say if I bought a p v3 base, used my current p v3 rebuildable part, could I use the Penelope v1 tank,top cap and mouth piece with the v3 base?

don't think so. The penny v3 base is compatible with the v2 for sure. Not so sure about compatibility with v1

edit: Not sure about that

Last edited:

D Stanley Querfurth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Hannover, Germany
Thanks rivernut.

I currently have a Penelope v3but its been sanded to fit a microstick.

So let's say if I bought a p v3 base, used my current p v3 rebuildable part, could I use the Penelope v1 tank,top cap and mouth piece with the v3 base?

wellcome back, lol---

so the answere is ---it won´t !!!

because --->
1. the Penny v1 mouthpiece won´t fit on the penny v3 rebuildable, so you would have to use the penny v3 mouthpiece, but
2. the Penny v1 body only works with the penny v1 cap, and the penny v1 cap is to small for the penny V3 Mouthpiece !!!

greetings Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread