The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GG compatibility & tips and tricks

Discussion in 'The GG' started by D Stanley Querfurth, Feb 25, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Laniere

Laniere Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Prato - Italy
    yes. at least from what i think.
    I tried the tilemahos rebuildable part with ithaka, you need the autofeeding ring (and the holes of autofed must be closed or it will leak), with the tilemahos mouthpiece the ithaka was perfect with the engraved ring+ window+ refilling cup (so upper body connection excluded). With upperbody the mouthpiece is too short.This anyway lead me to think that the mouthpiece of the tilemahos is the same size of the short mouthpiece of the ody. I don't have a spare ody mouthpiece to compare. Strangely when i use the rebuildable part of the tilemahos in the ithaka i've a shot (idk why, maybe cause i have the no ad version).

anyway maybe the upper ring of the ody is not needed for the rebuildable part of the ithaka inside tilemahos bases but need to be verified.

an ody with the rebuildable part of the ithaka :) dual channel and plenty of op builds

actually i still use a lot my ody with the rebuildable part of the ithaka :)

2. D Stanley Querfurth

D Stanley Querfurth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Hannover, Germany
    as allways ............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll...:evil:

for example
    21 mm oddy, perfect for esterigon
    or just because we are able tooooooooo lol :p:p:p

3. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    I forgot the 21mm. Yes it might be usable :D.

4. Laniere

Nov 17, 2013
    Prato - Italy
    EDIT:

My bad i did a mistake. I 've made confusion. Actually for ithaka base and tilemahos rebuildable part you DO NOT need the autofed ring. everything else is correct :)

yesterday penny v3 has arrived and i've tried the rebuildable part in the ithaka, and that needs autofed ring to be screwed in. That's why i did the mistake

5. RandomFellow

RandomFellow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Tilemahos XL
    Okay, so you guys wanted pictures, so here you go.
    First off, you need a Just GG (or GGTS), an Ithaka, the inside parts from a Tilemahos w/ AD base, and the Mouthpiece for Ithaka Update:
    [​IMG]
    First, take off the Just GG Lid and unscrew a couple turns the collector tank's center pin:
    [​IMG]
    Second, remove your 510 base and the rebuildable part from your Ithaka:
    [​IMG]
    Third, remove the rebuildable part from your Tilemahos and take off the mouthpiece:
    [​IMG]
    Fourth, screw the Tilemahos rebuildable part into the GGTS base:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fifth, screw the Mouthpiece for Ithaka Update onto the Tilemahos rebuildable part:
    [​IMG]
    Finally, reassemble the Ithaka, place on your Just GG or GGTS, and enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You may be asking, why? Well, if you like the open draw of the Tilemahos, you can now have it with your Ithaka and Just GG (or GGTS)! By the way, this only works with using the Ithaka GGTS base, as the Tilemahos center post is not long enough for the Ithaka 510 base.

6. Yaya

Yaya Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi Random. Just put the Tilethaka together. Wow! what a great vape and I don't have to top it up every 5 minutes. Superb on my JGG.:toast::vapor::laugh:

7. RandomFellow

Oct 1, 2013
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Tilethaka ... I love that name!!!

8. RiverNut

RiverNut Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    Ithodymahos :D

be careful with this conversion though. There isn't much space between the center pin and the non-insulated GGTS base so make SURE your pin is perfectly straight.
    It has definitely revived my love for the JGGs (and the pinky button :) )

[​IMG]

9. Laniere

Nov 17, 2013
    Prato - Italy
    river what is the mouthpiece that you are using in this pic?

ok i've tried but as soon as i put the liquid it starts to leak all over the place :(

don't get why.

10. RiverNut

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    it's the drip tip mouthpiece for Ithaka's new rebuildable part but I think you can use the standard Ithaka mouthpiece. As for the leaking, do you have the o-ring on the base of the rebuildable part?

11. Laniere

Nov 17, 2013
    Prato - Italy
    yeah i do, but i don't have a spare ithaka upgrade mouthpiece so i've used the tilemahos in a short version of the ithaka (without upper body part).

i have the oring on the base, i really don't understand why it leaks....anyway doesn't really metter :)

12. RiverNut

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    I did a quick test with the tilemahos mouthpiece when I first put it all together and it seemed to me that it bottomed out before it was able to fully close off liquid supply.
    Maybe the rebuildable part sits a little lower in the base than Ithaka's part does...I don't know. But it does work without leaking using the Ithaka mouthpiece.

13. RandomFellow

Oct 1, 2013
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    Also, make sure you really seat the rebuildable cup into the GGTS base. Try using a small screwdriver across the wick cutouts on the cup and crank it down.

14. stillnotsmoking

stillnotsmoking Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    GA, USA
    Can anyone tell me if Penelope v3 internals will fit Penelope v1?

Will Odysseus dripper cap fit Penelope v3?

15. RiverNut

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    Ody drip cap does fit Pen V3 (and it's a great vape)

I'm not 100% but I don't think v3 internals will fit the v1 base

16. stillnotsmoking

stillnotsmoking Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    GA, USA
    Thanks rivernut.

I currently have a Penelope v3but its been sanded to fit a microstick.

So let's say if I bought a p v3 base, used my current p v3 rebuildable part, could I use the Penelope v1 tank,top cap and mouth piece with the v3 base?

17. Laniere

Nov 17, 2013
    Prato - Italy
    don't think so. The penny v3 base is compatible with the v2 for sure. Not so sure about compatibility with v1

edit: Not sure about that

18. steliosss

steliosss kindness always repays... be sure of that... Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm 51 years old so I'm starting not to remember :unsure: and I don't have any Penelope with me at the moment, but I have some pictures with P1 -P2 that may help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. D Stanley Querfurth

D Stanley Querfurth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Hannover, Germany
    wellcome back, lol---

so the answere is ---it won´t !!!

because --->
    1. the Penny v1 mouthpiece won´t fit on the penny v3 rebuildable, so you would have to use the penny v3 mouthpiece, but
    2. the Penny v1 body only works with the penny v1 cap, and the penny v1 cap is to small for the penny V3 Mouthpiece !!!

greetings Stan

20. Otello

Otello Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2013
    Roma - Italy
    TilemIatty :w00t:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2