Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Good afternoon Army!

Been a busy few days for me. We've decided to get a whole house generator and just placed the order today. It won't be installed for another 12 weeks but that's ok. We are pretty far down on the totem pole. The disabled and people that rely on power for their medical needs are first. Then the rest of us that just want the piece of mind are funneled down to whoever comes first. That is as it should be!

So anyway, just helping MIL get her internet back up and we celebrated Hubby's birthday yesterday. Nothing new on the medical front. Just the same old, same old. ;)
Excellent idea. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em and at least you can have coffee, warm food and cooling in a power cut.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
So... everyone will find this funny.

My husband came home from work tonight draped in Hawaiian leis. Two of them to be exact.

I began laughing and was about to open my mouth to ask what was the occasion at work today, when my husband smiled real big and said:

"I went to work today and got "laid" - twice!" So I said, who leis'd you? He said I don't know.. just some hawaiian girls..

I swear he is so silly!

(As a beside, they are always having these fun days at work, and today was Hawaiian luau day.. lol.)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Hula, my dog is my partner. She has taken on the enforcer role. They have an enforcer in a wolf pack. My dogs parents were both working dogs. She started working on her trade with the cats. They weren't happy about it. (as you can imagine) Herding cats is hard work, but my dog relishes a challenge. The puppy has been here for a week tomorrow I think. She has made amazing progress so far. Part of the success so far was because I have a dog willing and able to help me. I never asked her to help, she willingly took on the job. Now I have thanked her for her help, many times already. She deserves the prize. I am lucky to have her.

The best way to train a young dog is by utilizing a well trained and social older dog. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Robin, that is cool! My mom just got a generator not long ago. I know her generator is just your average one, not like your fancy one at all. That propane one would sure come in handy alright. We lose our power too often with storms, especially ice storms. I didn't know they had a whole house generator. Sounds like you did the best thing possible. It stinks being without power.

They make it so easy. If power is off fir more than x amount of time, it automatically switches everything that needs to be done over to the generator and goes on. When power is restored, it reverses the process. We won't have to do anything manually. It will even kick on every so many weeks to do a self diagnostic which hubby will get on his phone app. It will run itself for whatever minutes is programmed.

Excellent idea. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em and at least you can have coffee, warm food and cooling in a power cut.

Coffee!! Yes! :D

So... everyone will find this funny.

My husband came home from work tonight draped in Hawaiian leis. Two of them to be exact.

I began laughing and was about to open my mouth to ask what was the occasion at work today, when my husband smiled real big and said:

"I went to work today and got "laid" - twice!" So I said, who leis'd you? He said I don't know.. just some hawaiian girls..

I swear he is so silly!

(As a beside, they are always having these fun days at work, and today was Hawaiian luau day.. lol.)

That is funny! :lol:

Good morning :)

Oliver is testing out a new theme for the forum. He has a thread in Site Feedback and Help for those who would like to check it out.

I'm using it now and I kinda like it. For those that like a dark theme, it is not ready yet but a placeholder is there. Which means it there but doesn't work. LOL

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Good morning,Army:) My Legend is 2 months old today.

Hi Fran! Happy birthday to your Legend! Will you have a vape of it today, or are you holding out for more age on it? I have a bottle that's just over 9 months old. It's quite a bit darker than when I first got it and the flavor is excellent. :)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I had trouble getting hot spots out of SS coils. Tried every method I could fine and it would work for awhile then screw up. Figured out the problem was the legs of the coil weren't getting hot enough. So now I torch the coil before I put it in. No more problems since..

These coils are Ni80. Sounds like something worth trying. Would a regular lighter work well enough for torching?

Same thing here. I'd get the hot spot out and it would work for a few vapes, then right back to wicked crackling.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
These coils are Ni80. Sounds like something worth trying. Would a regular lighter work well enough for torching?

Same thing here. I'd get the hot spot out and it would work for a few vapes, then right back to wicked crackling.

Not sure about the regular lighter... I use one of these..Bernzomatic ST2200T Butane Micro Torch-330194 - The Home Depot About $25-$30 depending on where you got it. They sell smaller pen size ones that are cheaper or one that a chef would use. Add a can of butane if it doesn't come with one and your set for a long time.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
That does it. Now I gotta drag the "Huntsman" out of my vape box. :D

Hula, have you moved on from Huntsman as your juice of choice? I remember when a derogatory comment about Huntman would get an immediate tongue lashing from you. :D

Users who are viewing this thread