List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
In regards to @gerrymi concern about foreign vendors on the list and why I don't think they should be included.

1) As far as I know, the FDA rules do not apply to foreign sites regarding age verification. There are simple ways to find out if a foreign vendor is using AV, by a phone call, email or by putting something in your shopping cart and checking out. If you get to the "complete this purchase" button without any questions being asked then you have nothing to worry about and can continue shopping.

2) If I list foreign vendors and say "No age verification" then I'm afraid a lot of people will flock to those sites to avoid the AV. This will hurt US vendors. Come 2018, there may not be any vendors still in business in the US so they need our business more than ever now.

I'm not blacklisting foreign vendors. You can buy from whomever you want, but since the FDA regs only apply to US vendors, I'm only going to add US vendors. I'm sorry if this upsets some people.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In regards to @gerrymi

I'm not blacklisting foreign vendors. You can buy from whomever you want, but since the FDA regs only apply to US vendors, I'm only going to add US vendors. I'm sorry if this upsets some people.
You can't please everyone every time. I think you are doing a great job and a necessary service for us and I Thank you.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Ordered from 101Vape today. Slid right though the checkout process. No problems. I had emailed them this morning to confirm that they did not use BlueCheck.

Hmmm...sounds like they are disregarding the FDA regs.

On my order last week from 101 Vape, it was shipped "signature required" at no additional cost to me and I had to sign for it. There was nothing different at checkout from previous orders. You might check the tracking and see if that is your case as well.

I asked Postmistress if I had to sign and was told anybody receiving mail at that PO Box could sign for it when sent that way, but there was another level it could be sent that would require me to sign.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
On my order last week from 101 Vape, it was shipped "signature required" at no additional cost to me and I had to sign for it. There was nothing different at checkout from previous orders. You might check the tracking and see if that is your case as well.

I asked Postmistress if I had to sign and was told anybody receiving mail at that PO Box could sign for it when sent that way, but there was another level it could be sent that would require me to sign.
Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package Service
Features:
    • USPS Tracking®
It is just batteries though.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package Service
Features:
    • USPS Tracking®
It is just batteries though.

Ah! Took advantage of the LG 3000mah at $11 a pair? :D

Does make me wonder if they might be doing the signature for vape orders? Perhaps somebody else with gear or juice order will chime in.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
Ah! Took advantage of the LG 3000mah at $11 a pair? :D

Does make me wonder if they might be doing the signature for vape orders? Perhaps somebody else with gear or juice order will chime in.
Yep, I sure did!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 7 via telepathy.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Vape Wild also said that should the automatic DOB method fail, they'd need a pic of DL, but that only DOB and name needed to be visible. Good enough for me.

I hope they didn't say anything else. Vape Wild is getting kinda wordy. ;) Added new info, thanks.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
thanks so much for doing this!
Since it's not in alphabetical order, is there a way to search doc for vendor we are looking for?

anyhows, i bought from Provape and thezfo.com in last two weeks, both of which i did not see on list. They both only required the initial age popup thing when you first go to site.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
thanks so much for doing this!
Since it's not in alphabetical order, is there a way to search doc for vendor we are looking for?

anyhows, i bought from Provape and thezfo.com in last two weeks, both of which i did not see on list. They both only required the initial age popup thing when you first go to site.
You are very welcome and thanks. :)
I've added Provape and thezfo.com to the list.
You should be able to search the document with your browsers search. I use google chrome and that is what I've been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread